Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Wow, Price meltdown and the inning started on a really bad error. Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why do teams still run on Cespedes? Out by a mile. And Murphy keeps doing his thing... One win down, 7 more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Very good. Is it midnight tonight again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Very good. Is it midnight tonight again?

8pm eastern time so 1am Irish time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jake Arietta on the mound for the Cubs tonight. Fully rested so I'm expecting a perfect game from him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

8pm eastern time so 1am Irish time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

SantryRed wrote: »
    Jake Arietta on the mound for the Cubs tonight. Fully rested so I'm expecting a perfect game from him :)

Well, thankfully, that didn't happen

Murphy's homered off of Greinke, Kershaw, now Arrieta... just crazy, esp. the one off Arrieta, which followed a foul home run.

Love Niese striking out Rizzo, highlight for me as a long-time Niese fan, poor guy's suffered through so many bad teams and now with a great, bordering on legendary team, he's relegated to the pen in favor of unproven, oft-injured Matz.

Huge games @ Wrigley. I expect the series'll end there, Cubs get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Both series going away with the home side leading 2-0 with regards to the -
    AL- I think the Blue Jays need to get at Cueto tonight or they are going to be in a hole they cant climb out of , I have my doubts whether the Blue Jays can win this series though as Kansas just have so many more ways to win.

NL - This one is different for me. Going back to Wrigley having not played well at all in the first two games I think the Cubs can get themselves out of this hole. They need to win against De Gromme which will be tough but if they can do that Matz and Harvey are not as formidable .. Could come back to NY 3-2 up. If these Cubs have shown anything this season they have shown resilience. Still I think Pitching wins these series and the Mets have an abundance of it. up in the air on this series though don't know who comes through.

• Advertisement

Both series going away with the home side leading 2-0 with regards to the - AL- I think the Blue Jays need to get at Cueto tonight or they are going to be in a hole they cant climb out of , I have my doubts whether the Blue Jays can win this series though as Kansas just have so many more ways to win.

The way I see it is if the Jays take all three in Toronto they can take one in KC; if they only take 2 and are 3-2 down going back to Missouri it's all over. Of course if KC take 2 in Toronto it is over!!

mod9maple wrote: »
    The way I see it is if the Jays take all three in Toronto they can take one in KC; if they only take 2 and are 3-2 down going back to Missouri it's all over. Of course if KC take 2 in Toronto it is over!!

You'll need the bats to get hot again, Kansas are playing like the team that got to the WS again as well . Real belief in that squad I think your boys are going to struggle to win 3 in Toronto but who knows with that crazy atmosphere at home anything is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Must win game 3s for Toronto and Chicago now. I know Boston came back and beat the Yankees in '04 and there are probably a few other times this happened but getting in an 0-3 hole would of be very hard to get out of.

I know the Mets pitching has kept the Cubs hitting in check so far but there's talk that they'll get going once in their home field but the Mets hitters (Daniel Murphy apart) haven't really got going either and Hendricks and Hammel (or Lester on short rest) are hittable too so they have some runs to score too.

Obviously I'm happy how it's gone so far and just hope de Grom pitches better than he did last time and isn't required to continually get himself out of trouble.

Getting a win with Cueto on the mound is going to be tough for Toronto too, especially if he's now back in the groove which he seemed to be last time out.

Must win game 3s for Toronto and Chicago now. I know Boston came back and beat the Yankees in '04 and there are probably a few other times this happened but getting in an 0-3 hole would of be very hard to get out of.

I know the Mets pitching has kept the Cubs hitting in check so far but there's talk that they'll get going once in their home field but the Mets hitters (Daniel Murphy apart) haven't really got going either and Hendricks and Hammel (or Lester on short rest) are hittable too so they have some runs to score too.

Obviously I'm happy how it's gone so far and just hope de Grom pitches better than he did last time and isn't required to continually get himself out of trouble.

Getting a win with Cueto on the mound is going to be tough for Toronto too, especially if he's now back in the groove which he seemed to be last time out.

Agree Cueto when he's on is very hard to hit, but the crowd atmosphere in Toronto has been immense so they could get to him, he's an emotional pitcher as well so if they do get a hit or two early ... who knows.

Fair play to the Mets, Murphy has been unreal hitting wise. Arrieta struggled last night but like you say De Grom struggled a little last time out too. I think this will come down to the Cubs young bats, with the exception of Schwarber none of them have hit well. They need Bryant, Rizzo and Castro to get going but the Mets have silenced them so far.

Two really evenly balanced Series right now, so it will be interesting to see if the shift in stadium's shifts the momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

12144174_1692164741017650_349927723_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Great leaping catch by Granderson to rob Coghlan of a homer last night.

These next 2 games are obviously critical to the Cubs. I expect an offensive explosion on both sides. Cold, Windy Wrigley. Tonight it's Matz for the Mets and some ham-n-egger for the Cubs. Might be good to see Cespedes launch a few. Watch out on Waveland avenue!

And, C'mon Blue Jays! Get it together!

Good to see I'm as good as ever with predictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Vital for the Cubs this evening. Lose tonight and I see no way back from 3-0 down. Hendricks is a steady if not spectacular pitcher. What's interesting about the playoffs is the effect the crowd have on the players. I would expect Wrigley to be fairly lively this evening, particularly if the Cubs get off to an early lead.

• Advertisement

Good to see I'm as good as ever with predictions!

Crowd got to him last night and th bats butchered him, Blue Jays were due an explosion in fairness! :D:D

Great set up now for that series. Hope the Cubs do similar tonight as a viewer ..but as a man with money on the Mets Go MATZ!

Crowd got to him last night and th bats butchered him, Blue Jays were due an explosion in fairness!

One game at a time. One down, two to go and then all the pressure is on KC not to lose the series at home.

RA next, pitching tonite - let's hope he can baffle their hitters with that knuckleball. I'm loving the 9 pm BST start time.

mod9maple wrote: »
    One game at a time. One down, two to go and then all the pressure is on KC not to lose the series at home.

RA next, pitching tonite - let's hope he can baffle their hitters with that knuckleball. I'm loving the 9 pm BST start time.

Absolutely one at a time.

I was feeling pretty good about having de Grom going tonight as he's the Mets best pitcher but I just read that he's 0-2 with a 6.1 era this year against the Cubs and has a 7.2 era in Wrigley in 2 starts. So now I'm a bit worried again....

Dickey in all kinds of trouble right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Blues Jays in a major hole. I know they're struggling at home right now, but I do think that they will regret not going harder for home field advantage at the end of the regular season.

I hate seeing Dickey like this. When he doesn't have it, it just looks awful for him. How long's the leash?

How long's the leash?

1 2/3 innings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I hate seeing Dickey like this. When he doesn't have it, it just looks awful for him. How long's the leash?

Not very long. Pulled after 1 2/3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

It cannot be long. Lose this and I cannot see them coming back. 5 runs is okay with the lineup that the Blue Jays have, but anymore....

... And as I type he is pulled from the game. Right decision.

Advertisement