Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

And that's Dickeys night

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If there's one team that can turn around a 5 run deficit it's Toronto. This game isn't over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

I hate how the Blue Jays run off the field during replay reviews. Let the umpire make the call, and then go. Basically the same as waving an imaginary yellow card in football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

If there's one team that can turn around a 5 run deficit it's Toronto. This game isn't over yet.

Running out of innings. Pitching will be their downfall in the end. As well as the fact that the Royals just look a better team in all areas - hitting, defense, bullpen and the starting rotation.

Sometimes you just have to doff your cap and credit the other team being better!

14 - 2. Not good.

Estrada now needs to pitch like he has all year. Win tomorrow and who knows. If they do Price needs to earn his corn. Win that and its all down to one game, and with Stroman pitching who knows? Big ask though.

Doubtful Hawkins is seen again. Dickey might come out of the Pen I suppose, if needed. Have to win the next game anyway or it's all moot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

NY: Knock, knock!

Chi: Who's there?

NY: Eoin!

Chi: Eoin who?

NY: 0-3!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

3-0. Wow. Eventual winning run scores on a strikeout/wild pitch. Big bad rookie Schwarber makes a Little League error, clank city.

All good. One more to get, then bring on the World Series! WOOOHOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The old baseball romantic in me wanted the Cubs to go well and it's not because I'm a yankees fan either.. But the Mets look very very good..

Should be an exciting world series for the neutral fan

Should be an exciting world series for the neutral fan

I'm calling it now - Jays, Cubs WS!! :D

mod9maple wrote:
    I'm calling it now - Jays, Cubs WS!!

I'm not a betting man so I honestly wouldn't know where to look so could anyone please check today's odds for that actually happening? Not the odds before the two series started but as they stand today.

If I thought it was 20-1 or more I'd stick a fiver on it for the craic. You never know! :)

• Advertisement

mod9maple wrote: »
    I'm not a betting man so I honestly wouldn't know where to look so could anyone please check today's odds for that actually happening? Not the odds before the two series started but as they stand today.

If I thought it was 20-1 or more I'd stick a fiver on it for the craic. You never know! :)

A tenner bet with Paddy Power will get you €552.50. Toronto are 11/2 and Chicago 15/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

would have been great for the Cubs to win in 2015.........Happy BTTF day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Price is in the bullpen for the Blue Jays today. Seems like a crazy decision again.

Price is in the bullpen for the Blue Jays today. Seems like a crazy decision again.

Needs must. Hopefully they won't but if the season is on the line, why not? It's do or die stuff tonite. Worry about game 7 if you get there. No Loup, no Cecil, no other real choice for a lefty.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can't believe that the mets are one win away from the world fecking series. Since I've been a mets fans this time of the year is spent being a neutral during the LCS and then the world series. I may wake up for work with that being a reality.

Needs must. Hopefully they won't but if the season is on the line, why not? It's do or die stuff tonite. Worry about game 7 if you get there. No Loup, no Cecil, no other real choice for a lefty.

Aye true. But if he is used, he won't be available for the rest of the series (probably) which leaves the rotation looking extremely thin for the last couple of games.

I was reading about the Loup absence earlier. I agree with the author here, time for a rethink of the roster rules.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/10/21/aaron-loups-absence-should-prompt-mlb-to-revisit-playoff-roster-rules/

Hopefully it won't matter

Nice pitching so far.

Nice pitching so far.

Great pick-up from the Brewers. Marco's been really good all year.

• Advertisement

Boom...!!!

Price throwing a side session or warming up to come in? Estrada lights out and a 5 run lead, why bring him in? Seems crazy. Hopefully the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Ha ha classic ..

I know it's only ever been done once but if anyone could f**k up a 3-0 lead its the Mets .. their only saver might be the fact that the Cubs are just as bad if not worse at f***in up.

And the Jays stay alive and we're off to Kansas city. Price will start and if there was ever a time the Cy Young winning Ace shows up that time would be game 6. Time to earn his money.

Can you imagine the tension of a game 7? I'll take my chances with Stroman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Mets up by 5 in the 6th.

Mets vs KC world series?

Mets look so hot right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

SLEEP. IS. OVERRATED!

WS HERE WE COME!

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Kershaw ... beaten!

Grienke ... beaten!

Lester ... beaten!

Arietta ... beaten!

NEXT!!

elaine-benes1.jpg

• Advertisement

I knew the Mets pitching was good during this series but just read the Cubs hit just .164 in the 4 games. That's some performance.

Advertisement