Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Mostly comes down to Gibbons being terrible. Bizarre thing to do. Surely to jaysus you want Price starting on Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

zuutroy wrote: »
    Mostly comes down to Gibbons being terrible. Bizarre thing to do. Surely to jaysus you want Price starting on Wednesday...

No point having Price available if they are out.

Blue Jays wrap it up tonight I think.

No point having Price available if they are out.

Blue Jays wrap it up tonight I think.

Well it's a balancing act. There was absolutely no cause for concern last night and you want your Cy Young candidate ready to go 7 innings on Wednesday to get you through.
    Saying he was afraid of Dickie facing Choo is silly reasoning. He had only thrown 75 pitches and was commanding the knuckleball well.

Well it's a balancing act. There was absolutely no cause for concern last night and you want your Cy Young candidate ready to go 7 innings on Wednesday to get you through.
    Saying he was afraid of Dickie facing Choo is silly reasoning. He had only thrown 75 pitches and was commanding the knuckleball well.

Agree to a point but Price didn't pitch great the first day, I think Price will be available again tonight from what I've read and Stroman was probably more impressive in his outing.

Texas though have their big gun going in Hamels .

Yeah Price has been ropey and Stroman has been amped up, but on balance I'd prefer the guy with a great season under his belt to a guy whose season began in September. I suppose if they go with the Stroman on short leash and Price ready to pitch 3-4 innings if necessary then all's well that ends well.

The game isn't tonight by the way!

• Advertisement

Yeah Price has been ropey and Stroman has been amped up, but on balance I'd prefer the guy with a great season under his belt to a guy whose season began in September. I suppose if they go with the Stroman on short leash and Price ready to pitch 3-4 innings if necessary then all's well that ends well.

The game isn't tonight by the way!

yeah I know I'm getting all confused I was up till all hours watching the Mets game, still half asleep here. I think the Cubs and Mets wrap it up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

It's unlikely Price would be available for game 5. If the Blue Jays win game 5, they'll likely want a rested Price for game 1 or 2 of ALCS. No point in going all out to win game 5 if it means losing one of your starters for a few more days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,106 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Love this division series.
    Loads of games in quick succession and at a decent hour for us in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭Doodah7

CUBS WIN!!!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a performance by the bullpen tonight. It's very hard to not get excited!! It just seems like this young team doesn't know what pressure is! Roll on the NLCS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

The Cubs are such a feel-good story. Mets-Cubs would be a beautiful series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Now to hope for a Dodgers win to bring it to game 5!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

SantryRed wrote: »
    Now to hope for a Dodgers win to bring it to game 5!

Dodgers win. I know the Mets will have de Grom going on Thursday but with Greinke going for LA, that was probably the best chance to win the series tonight (even if it was against Kershaw). Tough ask now.

Cubs now won't have to face either de Grom or Greinke on game 1 now and Kershaw would be back on short rest again so he probably wontvpitchvuntil game 2 so good results for the Cubs all around tonight.

Dodgers win. I know the Mets will have de Grom going on Thursday but with Greinke going for LA, that was probably the best chance to win the series tonight (even if it was against Kershaw). Tough ask now.

Cubs now won't have to face either de Grom or Greinke on game 1 now and Kershaw would be back on short rest again so he probably wontvpitchvuntil game 2 so good results for the Cubs all around tonight.

Definitely advantage back to the Dodgers with Greinke going in game 5 but De Gromme has been brilliant so wouldn't worry about pitching. Mets need to smash the hell out of the ball early against Greinke though .. Cubs definitely favoured now against Either .. likely to have a 1-0 lead with Arrieta on the mound in game 1.

Cubs are good. Very good!

Definitely advantage back to the Dodgers with Greinke going in game 5 but De Gromme has been brilliant so wouldn't worry about pitching. Mets need to smash the hell out of the ball early against Greinke though .. Cubs definitely favoured now against Either .. likely to have a 1-0 lead with Arrieta on the mound in game 1.

Cubs are good. Very good!

Yeah, I'll be jumping on the Cubs bandwagon if the Mets lose Thursday. They're so good to watch and it would be nice to see them win after 107 years.

It'll also be interesting to see what way they end up blowing it this year.

Yeah, I'll be jumping on the Cubs bandwagon if the Mets lose Thursday. They're so good to watch and it would be nice to see them win after 107 years.

It'll also be interesting to see what way they end up blowing it this year.

Theo seems to have the golden touch. The Rookies are beating the s*** out of the ball and the pitching has just come good at the perfect time. Their bull pen has also come around at the right time.

Will be some celebrations in Chicago if they can do it! :D:D:D:D

Back to the Future II predicted they'd win it in 2015!

cubs-win-2-e1369798506721-560x378.jpg

Back to the AL today then. I hope Toronto get through against Texas and then It's KC v Houston game.

I've always loved Johnny Cueto and he needs a big performance today to make up for some poor ones recently. And he's up against Colin McHugh (the 'one that got away' for Mets fans) so I'm really interested in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

"I said I wish I could go back to the beginning of the season, put some money on the Cubbies!"

• Registered Users Posts: 39,691 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I pressume that Steve bartman will be banned from the vicinity of wrigley field for the NLCS games ? Surely the Cubs won't take the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,342 ✭✭✭✭8-10

This is such a good game. Intense atmosphere. Let's go Jays!

Great catch by Pillar there

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I pressume that Steve bartman will be banned from the vicinity of wrigley field for the NLCS games ? Surely the Cubs won't take the chance.

And all goats will be banned from the city too.

Jack what's the feeling for tomorrow night ? Not seen a lot of live baseball in the last month but saw the results and highlights but you've probably seen more mets baseball in last month. I watched last nights game on the at bat earlier so up to speed.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jack what's the feeling for tomorrow night ? Not seen a lot of live baseball in the last month but saw the results and highlights but you've probably seen more mets baseball in last month. I watched last nights game on the at bat earlier so up to speed.

Nervous and not too optimistic but anyone who's read my posts on here knows that's just the way I am. I'll leave the confident bragging to Igotadose.

Seriously though, it's a tough one to call. I'd say it is advantage Dodgers with Greinke going for them and it being in LA but de Grom is a pretty good pitcher too so it could come down to the bullpens and I don't think either can be relied upon 100%.

I haven't stayed up to watch any of the games so far but my internal body clock seems to be wired to wake up around 3:30-4:00 so I get to check the score and maybe watch the last inning or two if it's still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Price is on the bench today, so will 100% not be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

That ball was gone before he hit it. Wow, what a hit.

Turning nasty in Toronto. Beer cans been thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Rangers had this inning sown up but three straight errors have the bases loaded now for the Jays. Wacky 7th inning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Rangers had this inning sown up but three straight errors have the bases loaded now for the Jays. Wacky 7th inning!

And Batista goes long for a three run, two out homer!! The Jays lead 6-3!!

Advertisement