Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

russian-bombers

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

We need to be realistic here.

The Russians want to protect their assets, so they are very unlikely to bomb Ireland without first granting Egginacup safe passage to Moscow.

He's a decent chap and looks out for fellow AHers, so once he arrives I'm sure he'll send us a coded warning by starting a thread called "Food I miss from Ireland" or similar.

It's ok, Donkey. I'll guarantee you a Dacha on the Black Sea and a Bentley.

These shall be your guards until the dust settles:

Evelina and Danja.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

What do you think the B-52 is?
    A plane, I never claimed Russian planes were antiquated, I disagreed with the claim that Russia was a superpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,607 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ps3man wrote: »
    This is crazy

Grainy footage of the Tsar explosion. Only a complete lunatic would oversee the building and delivery of a weapon as powerful as this.

Where it was detonated

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Ivan_bomb.png

Windows as far away as Finland were smashed.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Grainy footage of the Tsar explosion. Only a complete lunatic would oversee the building and delivery of a weapon as powerful as this.

Where it was detonated

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5b/Ivan_bomb.png

Windows as far away as Finland were smashed.

Da.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    A plane, I never claimed Russian planes were antiquated, I disagreed with the claim that Russia was a superpower.

You said a superpower doesn't fly around in 50s planes with nukes. The Americans do ;)

You said a superpower doesn't fly around in 50s planes with nukes. The Americans do ;)
    lol fair enough, :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Gatling wrote: »
    Slow lumbering and easy pray for anti air systems and fast jets .

They drop very modern cruise missiles out at sea that have a range of 1,600 nmi and are designed to come in at treetop level. The Tu-95MS aren't WW2 piston driven prop bombers coming in on a bomb run over cities like the Memphis bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭true567

How does the South compensate the UK for the use of the RAF? I'd imagine the use of such personnel and weaponry would be quite a cost to help an ally. Surely they can't be doing it solely out of the goodness of their heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

true567 wrote: »
    How does the South compensate the UK for the use of the RAF? I'd imagine the use of such personnel and weaponry would be quite a cost to help an ally. Surely they can't be doing it solely out of the goodness of their heart?

'The South'?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    'The South'?

South = 26 counties = Free State [in Shinnerlese.]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

'The South'?

Cork/Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

The South

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

josip wrote: »
    Will rise again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

According to John Titor the Russians have a helluva party planned for 12th March.

/tinfoilhat

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

circadian wrote: »
    According to John Titor the Russians have a helluva party planned for 12th March.

/tinfoilhat

Jesus, that's a name from the past (or future depending on your point of view)

Master of the Universe

South = 26 counties = Free State [in Shinnerlese.]

'The South' is a geographical location. I live in one of the 26 counties and I'm in 'The East'. We also have 'The West' too, believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

'The South' is a geographical location. I live in one of the 26 counties and I'm in 'The East'. We also have 'The West' too, believe it or not.

And the most Northern point on the island to boot!

Sometimes it's a geographical location, sometimes it refers to the 26 counties of the republic, it depends on the context. But you know this you're just being obtuse.

You may live in the east but there is an east in northern Ireland and an east in southern Ireland. You live in the latter southern in this context being analogous to the republic.

I hope that clarifies things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The Irish are hopping mad it seems by these Russian bombers!!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_QvOU_VEAAx_tx.jpg

• Advertisement

The Irish are hopping mad it seems by these Russian bombers!!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_QvOU_VEAAx_tx.jpg

I just cringed. That's like a typical Daily Mail type joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

circadian wrote: »
    I just cringed. That's like a typical Daily Mail type joke.
    exactly, a joke, it just shows how ludicrous it all is when a "news" story can be created out of absolutely nothing. Farcical!

exactly, a joke, it just shows how ludicrous it all is when a "news" story can be created out of absolutely nothing. Farcical!

Ah yes, the Air Force of a currently stand offish state entering our airspace unannounced on a number of occasions, is absolutely nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

It wont be long before these russians invade Baltic states and then we will see what NATO are made of.

Master of the Universe

Sometimes it's a geographical location, sometimes it refers to the 26 counties of the republic, it depends on the context. But you know this you're just being obtuse.

You may live in the east but there is an east in northern Ireland and an east in southern Ireland. You live in the latter southern in this context being analogous to the republic.

I hope that clarifies things.

I don't live in Southern Ireland. I live in The Republic of Ireland.

I'm not being obtuse and many Irish people (even us non shinners) find the phrase incredibly annoying. Although I'm sure you're already aware of that, hence the usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

It wont be long before these russians invade Baltic states and then we will see what NATO are made of.

I'm looking forward to them invading New York

I don't live in Southern Ireland. I live in The Republic of Ireland.

I'm not being obtuse and many Irish people (even us non shinners) find the phrase incredibly annoying. Although I'm sure you're already aware of that, hence the usage.
    Republic of Ireland is analogous to Southern Ireland, it's a commonly accepted and used phrase.

You don't even live in the republic of Ireland either as the official name of the 26 counties is simply "Ireland" according to our constitution. Constitutionally/legally Northern Ireland isn't even part of Ireland but part of what is defined as the "island of Ireland". So the north of Ireland in this context would be Donegal! :o

It's all very confusing so don't get bogged down in silly names.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭true567

Republic of Ireland, a sovereign state sometimes referred to as "Southern Ireland"

Anyway, how does this part of the island (Southern Ireland) compensate the UK for such military defense? Really curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Republic of Ireland, a sovereign state sometimes referred to as "Southern Ireland"

Anyway, how does this part of the island (Southern Ireland) compensate the UK for such military defense? Really curious.

In the same way as many call the UK - England and this annoys many welsh and scots too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

c_man wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to them invading New York

Kirov airships ftw!

Advertisement