Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

circadian wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't be too keen on eating an animal that has died compared to one that was killed to be eaten.

me neither but im not sure how it died. it might have been put down because it hurt itself or something I don't know il have to ask him. :confused:

Road kill is quite common in America but a pet is freaky. Like you love your pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Saralee4 wrote: »
    me neither but im not sure how it died. it might have been put down because it hurt itself or something I don't know il have to ask him. :confused:

Road kill is quite common in America but a pet is freaky. Like you love your pet!

That rabbit is going to look mighty tasty when the Zombie outbreak comes ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

5 years in boarding school. Not even sure what I was eating half the time.

That rabbit is going to look mighty tasty when the Zombie outbreak comes ;-)

maybe we should get more rabbits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

One of the worst things I've eaten was Kokorec, a Turkish dish made from the innards of a sheep. Its a street food, so the "kitchen" looks basically like doner rotisserie turned sideways and stuffed into the back of a dirty transit van.

In hindsight it was never going to taste incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

It is in Lidl this week, on special offer no less.
    It's cheaper than beef here. Then again gold is cheaper than beef here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

RoboRat wrote: »
    Turkish Delight, the smell makes me vomit.

The real stuff or the thing Cadburys passes as Turkish delight. (although... they're both pretty horrible tbf)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I have eaten horse salami by mistake in Italy, didn't look any different that any other salami but I wouldn't eat it again I know its a cultural thing and if you eat one animal you might as well eat another but!!!!

My husband ate tripe in tomato sauce ( not sure what the correct Italian name for it is ) I though it looked revolting so wouldn't eat it. I have eaten pigs feet (crubeens ) and pigs head, calves hearts and the like but not for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Saralee4 wrote: »
    my husband told me that when he was younger, he ate his pet rabbit after it died. They had a small farm (a couple of chickens and not sure what else) but to eat your pet is pretty disgusting.

lol, thats ****ed up.

i think we have probably all eaten horse Marialice except not by choice :) and probably dog too!!

Ive tried Alligator before but i wouldn't say it was disgusting, kind of like a mixture of fish and chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Kerosene.

I was siphoning some out of the tank in the back garden into a smaller 20l drum and sucked so hard on the hose that I got a mouthful of kerosene. It was beyond vile, absolutely rancid. Threw up in the garden and ran inside to wash my mouth out.

Nothing worked, I had a taste of kerosene in my mouth for days. I obviously ingested it too, as I was burping kerosene for days after too. Feel sick just thinking about it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭gitane007

This didnt happen to me (happened to my husband) but it was rank. We lived in an apartment with a balcony years ago and as himself was a smoker then, he was banished to the balcony whenever he wanted a cigarette. He's a lazy bugger, so when his minging ashtray was full he used to use a tin of coke/diet coke/fanta with a bit of water inside as his substitute ashtray (you can probably see where I'm going with this). Anyway, one night drink was taken and himself was out on the balcony smoking away to his heart's content with a can of coke. He left the can down, I shouted out to him to come in to feck and he picked up the can for a last swig to wash down the smoke........yep, he drank from his ashtray can. He vomited for about 12 hours and I almost had to be hospitalised from hysterical laughter at him. He doesn't smoke anymore though ;)

I saw one way worse than this, at a party and as usual everyone is standing round in the kitchen. There was an empty can that was getting used as an ashtray and someone had also coughed up a load of lung butter into it , i imagine a strong splif was the cause and why the sink was not used is beyond me. Anyway, long story short , we only found out that was the case when some lad arrived totally plastered and mistook the can for his own took a swig, only to start spitting into the sink , once realization set in that there was more than ash in the can the spit turned to violent puking...........everyone needed to puke after that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Blue cheese. It takes like a farm and I can't understand how anyone actually enjoys it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Blatter wrote: »
    Rice cakes. An utterly pointless food!

I thought that till I tried the ones with yoghurt on them - delicious.

Worst thing ever was some pidgeon pie I got in morocco - must have been about 2 years out of date. I have a stomach like a billy goat but I puked every half hour for 2 days solid!

This thread kinda reminds me of this old cartoon:

http://plif.courageunfettered.com/archive/wc135.gif

This thread kinda reminds me of this old cartoon:

http://plif.courageunfettered.com/archive/wc135.gif

It's not working.

rawn wrote: »
    It's not working.
    No problem here.

No problem here.

I'm just getting a blank screen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭RoboRat

The real stuff or the thing Cadburys passes as Turkish delight. (although... they're both pretty horrible tbf)

Both, my wife threw me a chocolate over Christmas and it was TD and I nearly got sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Olives.

I've tried. I've really, really tried.

Puke.

I know your pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I ate goat in portugal years ago. Awful fatty tough nasty stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I'll look out for the ostrich in Lidl, but is it fresh or deep-frozen?
    I didn't really enjoy octopus in Japan. It was a small red one on a lolipop stick, didn't taste like much and the texture was that of a gummi bear or some other gelatinous sweet, which I don't enjoy either.

However, when it was served with raw garlic, sesame oil and chilli paste in Korea it was class.
    Octopus is a favourite local dish in northern Spain, particularly Galicia. It's one of my all-time favourite foods. Really. If you find any sea urchins or abalones, grab them and stuff 'em down your gullet (after cooking). Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sarkozy wrote: »
    I'll look out for the ostrich in Lidl, but is it fresh or deep-frozen?

Octopus is a favourite local dish in northern Spain, particularly Galicia. It's one of my all-time favourite foods. Really. If you find any sea urchins or abalones, grab them and stuff 'em down your gullet (after cooking). Delish.

I ordered an seafood salad in Sicily once. When it arrived there was nothing salad about it. It was literally just a pile of cold octopus chunks on a plate with olive oil and literally 3 olives.

Absolutely rank imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

spinach

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

logik wrote: »
    Speaking of rotten things. One of the worst things I have ever seen is... Balut.

Actually, it is the worst thing I have ever seen...

Google image it, christ...

Just got sick in my mouth again.

Balut actually tastes completely fine, usually eaten with a load of salt and vinegar. Its the texture that's the problem, as you can imagine. I had a hard time eating it because of that, little bits of bone and god knows what else. If you can get past that then it is actually quite nice.

Worst thing I've tasted? Dog :( I didn't know it was dog at the time, but it tasted absolutely rank. When I found out a few minutes later I had to take some deep breaths to stop myself from puking all over the table!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

A biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Horse burgers that were going around a while back.
    29% horse meat which I don't have a problem with.
    It's what was the other 71% I was worried about!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 no.panic neva.panic

Lamb stew tastes revolting to me. On the other hand, home grilled lamb chops are absolutely divine. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

blade1 wrote: »
    Horse burgers that were going around a while back.
    29% horse meat which I don't have a problem with.
    It's what was the other 71% I was worried about!

Fat most likely :/

Worst I've ever ate....something I ate yesterday....food poisoning after it and still not sure what it was :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Liver and kidney. Manky.

Advertisement