Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?

Options
  • 02-03-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭

So, on a bit of a weight loss kick recently and spotted a product in Holland & Barrett at the weekend called 'slim pasta'. Basically it was a packet of penne pasta made from some asian plant. Fat free, gluten free, carb free, almost calorie free. Great, I thought, pasta without guilt! I'll give it a go.

Anyway, brought it home and made a bolognese. Opened the packet and the smell of fish almost knocked me. Fish!! Ok, the directions said this was normal and to rinse the stuff before heating it. Done. Poured my bolognese on top and got chowing. Jesus, it was the rankest texture I ever had in my mouth. Ever. Rubbery, tasteless vomit inducing muck. Apparantly this stuff actually sells pretty well in these stores. I'd love to know how anyone could stomach this stuff.

Anyway, just wondering what the worst thing you've ever eaten is.

*Durrrty replies expected...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Rice cakes. An utterly pointless food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

There's no calories in pasta, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

How was the first reply not "your ma"!!!!!

Olives.

I've tried. I've really, really tried.

Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I wont dare mention her name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Bird's Eye veggie burgers that were 2 years out of date, which I found out on the box after I ate one :(

calfmuscle wrote: »
    How was the first reply not "your ma"!!!!!

Probably because it's banned.

*shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

catallus wrote: »
    There's no calories in pasta, surely?

Oh how I wish that were true... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Coke and washing up liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Probably because it's banned.

*shrug*

I'm so out of touch :( when did this happen??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Olives.

I've tried. I've really, really tried.

Puke.

I wonder was it the same Olive because i agree with you,hope she doesn't read this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

My office had a spread on for Chinese New Year (not an Asian company, but huge Asian population in Toronto). Most of it was grand, but made the mistake of biting into some type of pastry without finding out what was in it.

I can't even describe how vile whatever was in it. I actually had to spit it out into a napkin and try to wash my mouth out (at my desk, where thankfully nobody saw). Couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This ****. Surströmming. The smell is unreal.

Few years ago :pac:

(as democratically voted for by the people of After Hours I might add)

/off topic

Sorry OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I ate a scorpion in Thailand. It was not enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 dante2015

my parents used to make me eat liver

i hated the stuff and still do, it tastes like Iron and has to be the worse, well that and Tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

Cloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, on a bit of a weight loss kick recently and spotted a product in Holland & Barrett at the weekend called 'slim pasta'. Basically it was a packet of penne pasta made from some asian plant. Fat free, gluten free, carb free, almost calorie free. Great, I thought, pasta without guilt! I'll give it a go.

Anyway, brought it home and made a bolognese. Opened the packet and the smell of fish almost knocked me. Fish!! Ok, the directions said this was normal and to rinse the stuff before heating it. Done. Poured my bolognese on top and got chowing. Jesus, it was the rankest texture I ever had in my mouth. Ever. Rubbery, tasteless vomit inducing muck. Apparantly this stuff actually sells pretty well in these stores. I'd love to know how anyone could stomach this stuff.

Anyway, just wondering what the worst thing you've ever eaten is.

*Durrrty replies expected...
    I think you encountered Konnyak/Konjak. It's actually lovely when prepared properly, but it does have a weird texture and in it's more natural form it looks like a chunk of granite. There's no way in hell I'd put Bolognese on it though, you want it in a brothy, soupy kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

There's always those little yellow cards beside the comments nowadays.

Not eaten but still, Dr Pepper is god awful.

If I had to say something I've eaten I'd go with red cabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kat97 wrote: »
    Cloves.

Why would you eat cloves??? madness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Raw jellyfish.....fckin disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

the 'Spice Box' I got in Charlies on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Olives.... salty / slimy / sneaky feckers!

My hatred for them comes from when we were young and in Spain on holiday. The breakfast buffet has what I thought were dark red grapes; these turned out to be black olives... b45t4rd5!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Chocolate or Coke, can physically feel the teeth rotting in your head, ewwww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kat97

logik wrote: »
    Why would you eat cloves??? madness.

Had them in an apple tart once with cinnamon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Here's 1/50th of the list:

Scallops
    Mushrooms
    Expectorant (I know thats not really eating but blugghh)
    Cloves
    Cinnamon
    Liver

I'm a picky eater

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭HoratiJoe

A thrush Fanny. Puke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

kylith wrote: »
    I think you encountered Konnyak/Konjak. It's actually lovely when prepared properly, but it does have a weird texture and in it's more natural form it looks like a chunk of granite. There's no way in hell I'd put Bolognese on it though, you want it in a brothy, soupy kind of thing.

Yes, it was Konjak. It was a range of products made from this plant and they had penne pasta, rice and noodle versions. They actually reccommended you eat this with stir fry meat etc, so I thought the bolognese would be ok. I was wrong. So wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Nucular Arms

KFC probably.

I took one bit out of a piece of their chicken about ten years ago and a river of molten oil cascaded down my chin, actually hot enough to burn me.

I've never set foot in one again.

Advertisement