Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Dog. Goat. Tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Liver :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Did anyone ever taste that popular chocolate in America? Hersheys? It actually tastes like sick :-s

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I love Hersheys. Far superior to Cadburys. Tastes like its actually made with cocoa beans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This chilli my dad used to make. Made me sick every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever taste that popular chocolate in America? Hersheys? It actually tastes like sick :-s

Agreed, its disgusting!

Goats cheese ..tastes like youre licking the goat it came from, bleugh!

Im a terrible cook so the worst thing ive tasted has probably come from my own doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I love Hersheys. Far superior to Cadburys. Tastes like its actually made with cocoa beans.

Hersheys kisses literally taste like the smell of vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Had Tripe in a coddle once , it was hairy one side and slimey the other.

Liver, can't even touch it with my stomach turning.

Blue band margarine, from years ago, the smell would set me off

Muscles slimey little things.

Hot dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Liver and kidney. Manky.

My mam said I used to eat this as a baby mashed up in potato I gag anytime I think of it vile stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Was eating at a buffet in Spain when I was a little kid, tucked into a bowl of what appeared to be spaghetti bollognaise which I thought just tasted a bit odd, until I noticed a tentacle in it and puked straight into the bowl!

Same buffet 2 days later I bit into an onion ring only to realise it was a squid ring. Puked all over my sisters feet while she was wearing sandals :pac:

Anyway that buffet is why I have trust issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Corvo

Never really had a problem eating anything, but celery (raw) makes me want to stab myself in the stomach.

Feck it into a stew as a base ingredient with carrot and onion and I'll eat it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SligoRoversFTW

Onions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

ur mas shytepipe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Either that purple worm medicine that served as a popular form of child abuse back in the day.

God that purple worm powder, there was no grosser substance ever invented. 25 years and I can still vividly remember the horror of trying to choke a glass of it down, and then you had to follow up with another dose 2 weeks later!!!

Having worms was nearly better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Veal. :( nasty stuff even without being little tortured baby cow.

What about Veal Substitute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Letree wrote: »
    I ate goat in portugal years ago. Awful fatty tough nasty stuff.

I ordered 'Roasted Young Goat' in a Portuguese restaurant once. Just a pile of bones and fatty meat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I had a kebab in Germany once. It had the gristly chewy testicle like filling of meat substitute in a flaccid pitta and the ejaculatory discharge of a sauce only a dead person could appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

galljga1 wrote: »
    5 years in boarding school. Not even sure what I was eating half the time.

Yeah, you do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

bbq'd skewered lamb penis in Uzbekistan . Was really fatty and grisly. blegh. Supposed to be a virility thing. *insert seal saying gaýyyyy jpg*

Also blood congee in Philadelphia Chinatown . Basically cubes of congealed pig blood in a broth.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

A Tofu burger, I got it on holidays in a Turkey thinking it was chicken (what I ordered) it looked a little off but I was starving so I took as big a bite as I possible could. There was tofu, cucumber (despise it), some strange Turkish peppery abominations and a sauce that would make you sick all by itself.
    They gave me a free drink because I finished my first one trying to get rid of the taste, so that was nice..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

What about Veal Substitute?
    What on Earth is veal substitute?

Personally I support PETA - People for Eating Tasty Animals.

What on Earth is veal substitute?

Beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

eternal wrote: »
    I had a kebab in Germany once. It had the gristly chewy testicle like filling of meat substitute in a flaccid pitta and the ejaculatory discharge of a sauce only a dead person could appreciate.

I lol'd :D
    Nice darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

A Charlie's black bean beef and fried rice plate in the daylight, sober.

****ing hell that place would close down if it wasn't for alcohol. Tasted like someone had mixed soy sauce stock cubes and salt with black food colouring and poured it over some lukewarm chewy rice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Guinea Pig. there's no meat on the at all. Plus it was stuffed with what looked like freshly cut grass. It may be the most rank thing I have even smelled or tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

sarkozy wrote: »
    Ostrich still isn't common here.

Not common but there are ostrich farms in Ireland, north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The real stuff or the thing Cadburys passes as Turkish delight. (although... they're both pretty horrible tbf)

The actual Turkish one smells and tastes like a hoors handbag:mad:
    The cadburys one is delicious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

sarkozy wrote: »

Octopus is a favourite local dish in northern Spain, particularly Galicia. It's one of my all-time favourite foods. Really. If you find any sea urchins or abalones, grab them and stuff 'em down your gullet (after cooking). Delish.

This was raw on both occasions. Obviously sine they seem to have an aversion to cooking seafood in east Asia.

I'll keep an eye out for abalones my dad loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Was on a school trip when I was around 12, to Dun Laoghaire I think, and they had a market set up for the day. There was a cheese stand and the man there was giving free slices of cheese to all the kids. He said "This is some mild cheese" and very stupidly I asked for some really strong cheese instead and ate it.

Never puked so much in my entire life. Couldn't get the smell out of my clothes or my hands. To this day I cant touch anything other than cheddar or mozzarella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Ever tried "maggot cheese"? best eaten when the maggots are still alive apparently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu

Advertisement