Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭droidman123

Max video res is 1080P, doesn't seem to do slow mo either :/

I think theres a time lapse feature on the video recording?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

I think theres a time lapse feature on the video recording?

There is, thats not slow mo though....Is it?

There is, thats not slow mo though....Is it?

no but I was just wondering if the feature was good. lol I know it will take a while to try it out.

no but I was just wondering if the feature was good. lol I know it will take a while to try it out.

ah ok haha, yeah any ideas for a good one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Max video res is 1080P, doesn't seem to do slow mo either :/

Thanks, that's a real shame.

it seems the processor, ram and camera is capable of it..

wonder if they will add it for further developments..

• Advertisement

Thanks, that's a real shame.

it seems the processor, ram and camera is capable of it..

wonder if they will add it for further developments..

Yeah in theory the hardware seems to be capeable of it. The screen itself is only 1080P and 4k hasn't taken over yet so I really don't see it as a big deal. Asus seem to be good with software updates so maybe one day haha

with lollipop it seems to be easily done.

just tried it with my nexus 5 and it works recording at 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTlwUKbHbA

you can download L CAMERA from the developer github place..

ah ok haha, yeah any ideas for a good one?

yes I have....you could time lapse the asus order website, might make it look they are shipping the orders a bit quicker:D

yes I have....you could time lapse the asus order website, might make it look they are shipping the orders a bit quicker:D

hahaha, is 32GB enough to store all that footage? :p

with lollipop it seems to be easily done.

just tried it with my nexus 5 and it works recording at 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJTlwUKbHbA

you can download L CAMERA from the developer github place..

Awesome, I'll try it out later

• Advertisement

Gone from 15% to 100% in just over 90mins!

Ok, I've ran into an issue. The vibrate function has just stopped working. Was looking around in the settings and suddenly noticed I wasn't getting any feedback from the capacitive buttons anymore. Tried everything to make it happen, ended up resetting it. Still no joy. anyone have any ideas?

Ok, I've ran into an issue. The vibrate function has just stopped working. Was looking around in the settings and suddenly noticed I wasn't getting any feedback from the capacitive buttons anymore. Tried everything to make it happen, ended up resetting it. Still no joy. anyone have any ideas?

i'll let you know when i get mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Looks like an OTA issue? Add a me-too to this thread i'd say...

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6887&highlight=vibrat

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Looks like an OTA issue? Add a me-too to this thread i'd say...

http://www.asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6887&highlight=vibrat

Already have haha, think I should wait and see rather than request a return striaght away?

Suddenly working again.......I'm quite confused/conflicted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Suddenly working again.......I'm quite confused/conflicted

Working then not working then working again - i'd probably return :(

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Working then not working then working again - i'd probably return :(

If it happens again I will, good thing I went with amazon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

If anyone's buying from Gearbest be sure and ask if it's the European model, I received the Chinese model with no Google play and couldn't even sideload it so had to return it via normal post as per instructions from Gearbest and I'll probably be waiting a month by the time I get the right model back when you factor in Chinese customs clearance and that.

So gutted over that but when I did have it was a beast of a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Got mine today:D

• Advertisement

Shipped from Amazon Italy today. Due for delivery tomorrow! If that happens,that is service

If it happens again I will, good thing I went with amazon :(

Went and came back in the space of a few minutes just there. Assuming it's a software issue I think it leave it for now. Had an issue getting Viber/WhatsApp set up, the verification sms won't come through, had to use the phonecall. Think that's more of a meteor issue however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Just unboxed nine.like the feel of it. The bill in screen protector seems top notch. It does feel very warm and battery is depleting at a rate of knots. Still to install the ASUS update though. It's will need a few charges before I can really see. Looks pretty darn savage though,went for red in the end. It's been a long day and a half without a phone 😀

The bill in screen protector seems top notch.

....What?

It does feel very warm

Thats my one worry right now, it actually appears to be 'quick charging' all the way to 100%, it's supposed to stop at 60%.

....What?

Thats my one worry right now, it actually appears to be 'quick charging' all the way to 100%, it's supposed to stop at 60%.

Damn autocorrect. I meant to say "nilkin" screen protector

Damn autocorrect. I meant to say "nilkin" screen protector

Ah ok haha, thought you meant built in :O Think I'll have to get a Nilkin, have a standard plastic one on it right now and it's a fingerprint magnet.

my futile resistence just collapsed:eek: just cancelled on asus and ordered on the 4gb/32gb silver on amazon Italy:) it says I should have it by Thursday,but if I get it by Friday I will be happy.

You should definitely have it by Thursday. Shipping was extremely quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Got mine today. Intensely disappointing would be my two word review.

Red 32gb from Amazon Italy.

Battery lasts about 5hour screen on time, android kernel is using a huge amount of juice. Camera is desperately bad in any sort of low light situation, awfully noisy with a distinct moire effect. Also doesn't handle contrasting light well (e.g. daylight coming through window). It either has inside at the right light level with the window being far too bright, or has the window at the right level and inside far too dark.

The phone is full of useless Asus bloat, the zenui even with nova launcher is obtuse and ugly.

Most importantly, it hates my sim card that's working fine in my US Moto G and UK LG G2.

It didn't read the APN, wouldn't come off LTE when receiving a call/text until I enabled data roaming, and even on H it still sends calls straight to voicemail occasionally. Had a similar issue with the Nexus 5 when it originally launched, is a software issue where the phone is meant to hand off LTE so it can accept a call.

Already submitted a return too amazon and will be sending it back for oh so many reasons. Shame that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

jonnny68 wrote: »
    If anyone's buying from Gearbest be sure and ask if it's the European model, I received the Chinese model with no Google play and couldn't even sideload it so had to return it via normal post as per instructions from Gearbest and I'll probably be waiting a month by the time I get the right model back when you factor in Chinese customs clearance and that.

So gutted over that but when I did have it was a beast of a phone.

Don't buy phones from a gadget store, buy from a phone only seller and it will always come with google play. Also there's some sellers on ebay selling the taiwan version which comes with play store preinstalled. With the Zenfone 5 it was possible to flash the European rom on it from Asus' website, not sure if its possible with Zenfone 2.

Also I highly doubt gearbest will be able to get you a European model... best to ask for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Tragedy wrote: »
    Intensely disappointing
    well that depressing. looks like im leaning towards the new premium oppo if it has enough ram

Advertisement