Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

even if......'some apps'.....seem to have implemented a need for 'MX Palyer' on newer titles?

No need for it now.... if it plays on your phone,it plays in tv..

It's been implemented in the Nexus 5 for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

No need for it now.... if it plays on your phone,it plays in tv..

It's been implemented in the Nexus 5 for some time

Does it just work or is there some setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Download chromecast app,click cast screen and then.minimise and then choose which ever app you want to stream

Download chromecast app,click cast screen and then.minimise and then choose which ever app you want to stream

ah ok, I prefer using an external app so the phone can sleep while playing (which also seems to work now, previously one of the more popular of these apps would prompt you to install mx player instead of one of the casting apps).

Having issues with certain titles however that seems to be the app itslef as I can't even get them playing on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So how's the battery life on the 2?? Any difference in battery in terms of the lower version vs the higher one?

Anyone go from a one plus to the zen2?

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    So how's the battery life on the 2?? Any difference in battery in terms of the lower version vs the higher one?

I'm finding it decent. Easily get a day, sometimes two. Problem is standby time seems to use a good bit so the odd time I do get two days out of it I'd have less than 2 hours screen on time during that time.

I'm happy with it as with my old phone (M7) I'd never get a full day out of it, Asus are appearently still working on battery stuff with the updates too

On Battery,does anyone use BatteryBot Pro by Darshan Computing, LLC?

According to the logs in it I seem to be jumping from 92 to 100 pretty consistently. I have a feeling it might just be an issue with the app (also fails to start sometimes and regularly fails to pick up that the phone is actually charging). If it is a problem with the app it must be something to do with the fast charging as I’ve never had a problem with it on previous phones.

Has anyone noticed this happening with this/other apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

god's toy wrote: »

Yep I came from One + UI is better on One+ me thinks still cant get notification ie voicemail and stuff to alert me have to look for them.

Hootanany wrote:
    still cant get notification ie voicemail and stuff to alert me have to look for them.

Tried settings > call settings > voicemail > setup > voicemail number?

Anyone root it yet if so can it be done on a Mac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bought this last week
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/IVSO-Zenfone-ZE551ML-5-5-Inch-Smartphone/dp/B00UMX5H7Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1433526236&sr=8-6&keywords=zenfone+2+case

Sim card in slot 1 or 2 can access 2g, but 3g won't work at all, anyone got any ideas?

Thank you

Sim card in slot 1 or 2 can access 2g, but 3g won't work at all, anyone got any ideas?

Have you added an APN?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Have you added an APN?

Just added it and it's working now, thank you :)

My Battery is muck going to send it back dropping 25% over 30 mins not acceptable anyone else have an issue like this?

Hootanany wrote: »
    My Battery is muck going to send it back dropping 25% over 30 mins not acceptable anyone else have an issue like this?

If you're pushing it to the absoloute max I guess 2 hours screen on time is standard....but you'd want to really be running it into the ground. Have you tried restarts etc. to make sure its not just a stray process/app?

Rebooted a few times still draining I am actually underwhemled with this phone,
    Camera not great frezes alot slow between apps. Its my second one first kept turning itself off.
    Galaxy Note 4 is about to be ordered cant have this as I use this for Business.
    Thanks to all for the help and tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Hootanany wrote: »
    Rebooted a few times still draining I am actually underwhemled with this phone,
    Camera not great frezes alot slow between apps. Its my second one first kept turning itself off.
    Galaxy Note 4 is about to be ordered cant have this as I use this for Business.
    Thanks to all for the help and tips.

Make sure to clear apps running in background, these consume power and if you leave loads of power intensive ones running, battery will drain fast and performance will slow. In Lolipop, apps are reloaded when you reboot. 25% in 30min is not normal at all unless something very intensive is running or the phone is faulty. Average drain for smartphones these days with normal usage is around 1% every 5 minute screen on time.

There's also been an issue with google play services recently where it consumes high cpu usage in background. Try the app OS monitor to check what's consuming power.

spix wrote:
    Make sure to clear apps running in background, these consume power and if you leave loads of power intensive ones running, battery will drain fast and performance will slow. In Lolipop, apps are reloaded when you reboot. 25% in 30min is not normal at all unless something very intensive is running or the phone is faulty. Average drain for smartphones these days with normal usage is around 1% every 5 minute screen on time.

1% per 5mins implies over 8 hours screen on time..... I'm not aware of any phone that is capable of that.

CyanogenMod nightlies are now available on xda. First non nexus, Intel device to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

Quick question:

Could anyone advice on theLG G3 D858 32GB Dual Sim 4G (€263) vs the Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4G Dual Sim 64GB (€275)

Tough choice!

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/asus-zenfone-2-ze551ml-4g-dual-sim-64gb-sim-free-unlocked-gold.html#feature

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d858-32gb-dual-sim-4g-lte-sim-free-unlocked-black.html#specifications

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement