Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Black is in stock on Amazon.it now

4gb/32gb??

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

4gb/32gb??

Not seeing black as available on Amazon, Asus are saying they'll 'Do their best to ship them this week'. 17 hours to order Silver and recive on Thursday.....which based on our orders really means Wednesday.......

Black is in stock on Amazon.it now
    Have you heard anything re the refund from Asus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

4gb/32gb??

My bad it's the 1.8GHz version

Not seeing black as available on Amazon, Asus are saying they'll 'Do their best to ship them this week'. 17 hours to order Silver and recive on Thursday.....which based on our orders really means Wednesday.......

Yeah they still seem to be awaiting stock of the black 4gb/32 gb. I,m really tempted now to cancel with asus and get the silver one from amazon. Its just that i already paid french-office for another month,but i guess i could write that off.

• Advertisement

Have you heard anything re the refund from Asus?

Nope not yet,if I don't hear by tomorrow I'll get on to them

Yeah they still seem to be awaiting stock of the black 4gb/32 gb. I,m really tempted now to cancel with asus and get the silver one from amazon. Its just that i already paid french-office for another month,but i guess i could write that off.

How much do FrenchOffice charge per month? Your call, the black doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now anyway. Whatever about the impatience factor, Amazon really do offer a good few advantages over Asus Dircetly.

Nope not yet,if I don't hear by tomorrow I'll get on to them

Yeah I'll do the same, just don't want to end up with 2 phones!

Yeah that sucks. Bpm-Lux only got 10 quid from me but for nothing. If you order from Amazon your guaranteed to have it this week.

How much do FrenchOffice charge per month? Your call, the black doesn't seem to be available anywhere right now anyway. Whatever about the impatience factor, Amazon really do offer a good few advantages over Asus Dircetly.

Yeah if i ordered today i might have it by friday.its only €7 euro for the month for french-office, but its also an extra €50 for the phone on amazon..hmmm decisions...decisions

• Advertisement

Yeah I'll do the same, just don't want to end up with 2 phones!

They sent an email confirming the order was cancelled so it should be ok

Yeah if i ordered today i might have it by friday.its only €7 euro for the month for french-office, but its also an extra €50 for the phone on amazon..hmmm decisions...decisions

I'm not sure about FrenchOffice but Amazon ended up about 20/25 more expensive than BPM for me. I think it's worth it just for the ease of returns, insured delivery, fast dispatch.

I'd say Asus will have to get through them in the next week or two with the US launch coming up, if you wait it out you (hopefully) won't be waiting too long.

The delivery cost using frenh office would be between €20 to €30 so it's not really that much extra with Amazon

The delivery cost using frenh office would be between €20 to €30 so it's not really that much extra with Amazon

Yeah thats a good point,i forgot about that. Well lads either way,when you get the phones i will be expecting a detailed write up on here :)

I'm not sure about FrenchOffice but Amazon ended up about 20/25 more expensive than BPM for me. I think it's worth it just for the ease of returns, insured delivery, fast dispatch.

I'd say Asus will have to get through them in the next week or two with the US launch coming up, if you wait it out you (hopefully) won't be waiting too long.

Yeah i think they are launching in usa on the 18th june.

Yeah thats a good point,i forgot about that. Well lads either way,when you get the phones i will be expecting a detailed write up on here :)

I think I could do the review now. I've read so much about it at this stage

Sure thing, Battery & Camera seem to be the only potential problems so far. Battery seems to be very subjective, a lot of the people complaining are people claiming to have gotten 2+ days out of their previous phones. 4+ hours Screen On Time and I'll be happy. Camera on the M7 was nothing to brag about either so I feel like it'll be an all round upgrade for me.

Going to be interesting to see how I feel about the Plastic/Size.

I think I could do the review now. I've read so much about it at this stage

When you cancelled with asus,how long did it take until you got the confirmation email?

When you cancelled with asus,how long did it take until you got the confirmation email?

I got it straight away

I got it straight away

Missed it at the time but looking at it now, me too.

• Advertisement

It marked out for delivery :D

It marked out for delivery :D

Mine too, pretty high chance I'm going to miss it though :/

Mine too, pretty high chance I'm going to miss it though :/

Me too,hopefully I can collect it from the depot after work

P_20150505_105016_SRES.jpg?dl=0

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

i got a note from amazon italy stating they shipped my screen protector and the back cover but no phone! grrrrr

Extremely happy with the phone, feels very nice in the hand and is very responsive. Lemme know if you have any questions!

my futile resistence just collapsed:eek: just cancelled on asus and ordered on the 4gb/32gb silver on amazon Italy:) it says I should have it by Thursday,but if I get it by Friday I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

does it shoot 4K video? cant see any links anywhere of 4k video..
    4 k video is 3840 x 2160

if so how file size of the 4k video?

does it have slo motion on recording mode?

Only worry so far is temperature. Seeing temps of 40 during set up/charging. Doesn't seem to be anything major though.

• Advertisement

does it shoot 4K video? cant see any links anywhere of 4k video..
    4 k video is 3840 x 2160

if so how file size of the 4k video?

does it have slo motion on recording mode?

Max video res is 1080P, doesn't seem to do slow mo either :/

Advertisement