Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

I wonder does this mean order from the Asus store will also ship next week. How much did it cost in total from amazon.it?

Well amazon still don't have the black ones so it's hard to tell, Asus are still saying the 10th so its possible. I'm just a lot more comfortable with Amazon, It came to EUR 357.15 with 2 day delivery, not a huge price difference when you account for the delivery charges with Asus FR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Well amazon still don't have the black ones so it's hard to tell, Asus are still saying the 10th so its possible. I'm just a lot more comfortable with Amazon, It came to EUR 357.15 with 2 day delivery, not a huge price difference when you account for the delivery charges with Asus FR.

So only €8 quid for delivery,that's a bargain. I'm tempted.

So only €8 quid for delivery,that's a bargain. I'm tempted.

Yeah it was something like 8.20 for standard and 8.60 for 2 day. If you're not bothered about the colour I would.

With Amazon it's insured to your door and returns are free. With Asus (for BPM at least) it's insured for 500 until they hand it off to the courier, then it drops to 100 unless you pay something like 40. If you have to return it with Asus you'll have to pay to courier it back and then pay BPM/French Office again to get the replacement.

Yeah it was something like 8.20 for standard and 8.60 for 2 day. If you're not bothered about the colour I would.

With Amazon it's insured to your door and returns are free. With Asus (for BPM at least) it's insured for 500 until they hand it off to the courier, then it drops to 100 unless you pay something like 40. If you have to return it with Asus you'll have to pay to courier it back and then pay BPM/French Office again to get the replacement.

Your dead right. Just placed the order there,delivery for Thursday also. Reckon it cost about €25 more with Amazon but more peace of mind with delivery.

Your dead right. Just placed the order there,delivery for Thursday also. Reckon it cost about €25 more with Amazon but more peace of mind with delivery.

Peace of mind is a huge bonus, I'm just impatient and wanted a definite date haha. Hopefully all goes well for Thursday, I find that Amazon regularly deliver a day earlier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Now you have me thinking lads.I really wanted the black one,I might give it until the end of next week,if there's no movement on Asus I,m going to cancel and order from amazon italy.

Now you have me thinking lads.I really wanted the black one,I might give it until the end of next week,if there's no movement on Asus I,m going to cancel and order from amazon italy.

I was just about to PM you. Yeah if your set on the black one you might aswell give it until next week. Its only a back cover though and should be easily and cheaply replaceable.

I was set on the black too, had a look around and the silver does seem to look very nice. Hearing that they'll be selling the 'shells' separately at some point anyway. If you're ok with the Asus store and you're not rushing to get it you may as well wait it out for the black, can’t be much of a wait left at this stage.

I was set on the black too, had a look around and the silver does seem to look very nice. Hearing that they'll be selling the 'shells' separately at some point anyway. If you're ok with the Asus store and you're not rushing to get it you may as well wait it out for the black, can’t be much of a wait left at this stage.

Yeah the silver is not really a total deal breaker for me,I,ll give Asus until next Friday,if I don't hear anything I will probably just get the silver one from amazon Italy.is it straight forward to cancel?is it just a matter of clicking the cancel link on my order status?

Yeah the silver is not really a total deal breaker for me,I,ll give Asus until next Friday,if I don't hear anything I will probably just get the silver one from amazon Italy.is it straight forward to cancel?is it just a matter of clicking the cancel link on my order status?

I'm not entirely sure. I just pressed cancel and sent an email to the address that originally emailed me asking for id to confirm. If you paid through PayPal you receive an email from them within a day or two as far as I know.

The email address: shop_fr at asus . com

• Advertisement

Yep it is. Keep an eye on the available stock on Amazon.it. there only 4 red left so don't know how long the silver will be there.

Yep it is. Keep an eye on the available stock on Amazon.it. there only 4 red left so don't know how long the silver will be there.

I paid by PayPal too and it was taken on the day I ordered,I assume the money would be reimbursed if I canceled?

I paid by PayPal too and it was taken on the day I ordered,I assume the money would be reimbursed if I canceled?

I'd expect the refund to be processed tomorrow. I'd imagine asus manually process the refunds unlike the purchase where it would be automated. Might take a day or 2 for the funds to reach your PayPal a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What cases did you go for I just got the clear silicone one on Amazon.it and Samsung 64gd card

Hootanany wrote: »
    What cases did you go for I just got the clear silicone one on Amazon.it and Samsung 64gd card

May have got the same one, YouSave? Not happy with it, gonna go with the 'Nillkin Matte Hard Plastic Case Shell ', I think. Plan on getting a card sometime soon aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

33€ for the samsung not bad i will be looking for a nice leather one for cards and money anyone know of any out there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Anyone have any feedback on battery life with the Zenfone 2, particularly the 2.3gHz/ 4gB ram version?

I've been debating this over one of the big 3 android brands. The only thing that's been concerning me is the talk of Lollipop induced battery drain. Is be great to get someone's first person perspective on daily distance with the 4gB ram version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

ok i expect a review on friday so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Redundo

Cool, really interested in what you think of it once it arrives.

Is it the 2.3gHz version you ordered?

• Advertisement

I've got a 5inch at the moment so that extra 1/2 inch in the hand will be interesting to hold...

I'm talking about the fones BTW!

Just dispatched by Amazon via UPS :D

Just dispatched by Amazon via UPS :D

Mine too. Just as well,the missus put my nexus 5 through the washing machine this morning 😭😡

Mine too. Just as well,the missus put my nexus 5 through the washing machine this morning 😭😡

When did you order? My nexus 5 is on its last legs..

When did you order? My nexus 5 is on its last legs..

Yesterday morning

Aw no haha, at least you wont be long without one. Wouldn't be suprised if they arrived early either.

Just as I say it, tracking updated. Delivery expected by end of day tommorrow!

Just as I say it, tracking updated. Delivery expected by end of day tommorrow!

Good news,mine has been updated too

I,m soooo damn jealous!!! Arrrgghhhh

• Advertisement

I,m soooo damn jealous!!! Arrrgghhhh

Black is in stock on Amazon.it now

Advertisement