Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus Zenfone 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Hootanany wrote: »
    Code not valid:mad:

Make sure you haven't got a space at end of code. This can sometimes happen if you copy and paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

T-Bird wrote: »
    Make sure you haven't got a space at end of code. This can sometimes happen if you copy and paste.

Typed it manually [The discount code "ASUSZF2FRICSUFS" is not valid.]

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SubatomicKiwi

Now available on amazon italy (Can't post links)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

Now available on amazon italy (Can't post links)

Still havnt seen the €299 price we got beaten anywhere

Still havnt seen the €299 price we got beaten anywhere

Well Amazon is pretty close since the shipping is so much cheaper but yeah, it was a pretty good deal.

Reviews seem very positive and a lot of the battery problems seem to be fairly isolated. A long two weeks or so of waiting left it seems.

Any movement on yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭vincent coffey

Well Amazon is pretty close since the shipping is so much cheaper but yeah, it was a pretty good deal.

Reviews seem very positive and a lot of the battery problems seem to be fairly isolated. A long two weeks or so of waiting left it seems.

Any movement on yours?

No,still says "processing"

No,still says "processing"

Keep us updated, you ordered a good bit before me and they say they're doing them in order.

What forwarding service are you using?

Keep us updated, you ordered a good bit before me and they say they're doing them in order.

What forwarding service are you using?

French-office.I only booked my mail box for one month,looks like I will have to extend it for a second month

French-office.I only booked my mail box for one month,looks like I will have to extend it for a second month

Alright, I'm using BPM and I'll have to do the same

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

daytob wrote: »

I notice that's only the 1.8GHz version.

Any movement on yours?

From what I've been reading the battery issues seem far from isolated. Asus have sent out a few updates but battery performance is still far away from what you'd expect from a 3000mAh battery. Hope they can upgrade to lollipop 5.1 soon

From what I've been reading the battery issues seem far from isolated. Asus have sent out a few updates but battery performance is still far away from what you'd expect from a 3000mAh battery. Hope they can upgrade to lollipop 5.1 soon

I'm seeing a lot of reports of 4-6 hours screen on time. Might not be great, but it'll be an upgrade for me (M7, just about get 3 hours SOT). Between 5.1 and the updates Asus are doing this will improve however the ZenFone 5 has battery issues to this day, and coincidentally uses an Intel chip as well.

I'm seeing a lot of reports of 4-6 hours screen on time. Might not be great, but it'll be an upgrade for me (M7, just about get 3 hours SOT). Between 5.1 and the updates Asus are doing this will improve however the ZenFone 5 has battery issues to this day, and coincidentally uses an Intel chip as well.

If I get 6hrs SOT I'd be delighted. My Nexus 5 can get as low as 2 hrs SOT. Asus seem to be rolling out the updates thick and fast which has to be a good thing. My screen protector arrived in the post today but still no phone.

If I get 6hrs SOT I'd be delighted. My Nexus 5 can get as low as 2 hrs SOT. Asus seem to be rolling out the updates thick and fast which has to be a good thing. My screen protector arrived in the post today but still no phone.

OOut of curiosity, are you using a tempered glass screen protector, if so, which one?

OOut of curiosity, are you using a tempered glass screen protector, if so, which one?
    Yeah it is. It the "Nillkin 9h extreme hardness". 7 quid on eBay and shipped from Hong Kong in less than a week.

Yeah it is. It the "Nillkin 9h extreme hardness". 7 quid on eBay and shipped from Hong Kong in less than a week.

Bought a few Savvies but the glass do seem to be getting more popular. My only worry would be the height difference it creates between the screen and the buttons. Nillkin 9H seem to be the go to, might have to try them out when I eventually get the phone haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

was trying to order one of amazon italy as they have it listed for 349 but when i went through the ordering system , it said we will alert you when it is in stock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

http://www.phonearena.com/news/128GB-Asus-Zenfone-2-coming-to-Flipkart_id68882
    might be looking at it if updates improve the battery, and the price is more stable :mad:

Did they give you an ETA?

Over the past few days AsusFrance on Twitter have gone from saying black models are due in this week, to this weekend, to next week. Gold models have slipped back to the 18th. Both the Black and Gold models have been removed from the Asus store, not even listed as out of stock like the red one, just gone.

'Darty', a french retailer, are selling it at 299 but only have the silver, they claim to have it in stock with free 3 day delivery to whatever shipping company you are using.

Over the past few days AsusFrance on Twitter have gone from saying black models are due in this week, to this weekend, to next week. Gold models have slipped back to the 18th. Both the Black and Gold models have been removed from the Asus store, not even listed as out of stock like the red one, just gone.

'Darty', a french retailer, are selling it at 299 but only have the silver, they claim to have it in stock with free 3 day delivery to whatever shipping company you are using.

when you put the phone in your basket and go to checkout on darty, it says "available in 10 days" tbh I don't think any of these French sites actually know when this phone will be available.i never seen such a shambolic launch for a phone

when you put the phone in your basket and go to checkout on darty, it says "available in 10 days" tbh I don't think any of these French sites actually know when this phone will be available.i never seen such a shambolic launch for a phone
    Damn, it was three yesterday haha. A good few people have already recieved orders from darty, they appearently got a large shipment of silver and nothing else. At the start of the week a few people were reciving orders from Asus directly, haven't heard of any more since tuesday/wednesday.

American launch is set for the 18th......not sure how they think they'll keep up with that if they can't even get the european orders out. They're still sticking to order on/before the 10th of April and you'll receive by 10th of May.....we'll see

I'd love to know how darty is selling it for €299 when Asus have the price at €349.

I'd love to know how darty is selling it for €299 when Asus have the price at €349.

It was 299 at launch with Asus, Guessing they're apoplying that price to the retail launch as well.

Amazon.it mines coming on Thursday

Hootanany wrote: »
    Amazon.it mines coming on Thursday

Thanks for posting this, just cancelled my order with Asus, guranteed delivery by the 7th with amazon.

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting this, just cancelled my order with Asus, guranteed delivery by the 7th with amazon.

I wonder does this mean order from the Asus store will also ship next week. How much did it cost in total from amazon.it?

Advertisement