Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC and Valve headset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Zillah wrote: »
    They have been reviewed consistently as being of exceptional quality. Holding prejudice against the idea of built-in headphones doesn't make sense given that they are apparently right up there in quality compared to high-end separate offerings. Vive reviews have frequently commented on having to wear separate heavy headphones being a small irritation.

The vive ships with a set of in ear headphones which, apparently, are quite high end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wouldn't you rather enhance your experience with a better headset.

You cant expect in built headphones to compete with far superior headsets. They can only afford to put so much into the box.

Reviewers are constantly saying that they are amazing quality headphones that took them entirely by surprise and would please even audiophiles, and have audio quality way above their price point. I don't know how many other ways there are to say that.
    In-built just doesn't suit everyone also (comfort wise)

They can be articulated in any direction or angle to fit any head. They can be removed easily if you really want to use something else, but there is no reason to. Really I think you should do even a tiny bit of research rather than just making stuff up based on your own preconceptions.
    Bambi wrote: »
    The vive ships with a set of in ear headphones which, apparently, are quite high end.

Everything I have read says they are decent as earbuds go, which isn't very far. The Vive has a lot going for it but packaged audio it does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Reviewers are constantly saying that they are amazing quality headphones that took them entirely by surprise and would please even audiophiles, and have audio quality way above their price point. I don't know how many other ways there are to say that.

They can be articulated in any direction or angle to fit any head. They can be removed easily if you really want to use something else, but there is no reason to. Really I think you should do even a tiny bit of research rather than just making stuff up based on your own preconceptions.

Everything I have read says they are decent as earbuds go, which isn't very far. The Vive has a lot going for it but packaged audio it does not.

I am sure its wonderful audio but it cant compete with premium headsets.

How can it compete with headsets priced at €300 upwards. Thats impossible.
    .... I think you should do even a tiny bit of research rather than just making stuff up based on your own preconceptions..

Its simple logic. I am sorry I offended your VR god lol.

I am sure its wonderful audio but it cant compete with premium headsets.

How can it compete with headsets priced at €300 upwards. Thats impossible.

It's not impossible. They do. Maybe the declining return on investment for expensive headphones is very steep, who knows. All I can tell you is that every review I've seen has people saying they were blown away by the quality of the built-in headset, and don't bother using the much more expensive headsets they own because the quality is great and outweighs having to have another device on their head.
    Its simple logic. I am sorry I offended your VR god lol.

I'm going to bow-out of this conversation now because it's extremely frustrating. I also note you went out of your way to edit your post to add in this snarky parting shot. I've already told you I've ordered a Vive, but unlike you I am apparently able to appreciate each device for its own strengths. This is why dealing with fanbois is exhausting and pointless.

It's not impossible. They do. Maybe the declining return on investment for expensive headphones is very steep, who knows. All I can tell you is that every review I've seen has people saying they were blown away by the quality of the built-in headset, and don't bother using the much more expensive headsets they own because the quality is great and outweighs having to have another device on their head.

I'm going to bow-out of this conversation now because it's extremely frustrating. I also note you went out of your way to edit your post to add in this snarky parting shot. I've already told you I've ordered a Vive, but unlike you I am apparently able to appreciate each device for its own strengths. This is why dealing with fanbois is exhausting and pointless.

I am sure it is for a serious fan like yourself.

I am not even comparing the Vive to the Rift. I am comparing in-built sound to premium sound. You need to get over yourself lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

I am sure it is for a serious fan like yourself.

I am not even comparing the Vive to the Rift. I am comparing in-built sound to premium sound. You need to get over yourself lol.

You're missing the point that the Oculus headphones can also be removed very easily.

You're missing the point that the Oculus headphones can also be removed very easily.

I am simply talking about premium headsets vs in-built headphones similar to how we talk about motherboard sound vs dedicated sound cards.

I am simply talking about premium headsets vs in-built headphones similar to how we talk about motherboard sound vs dedicated sound cards.
    Fair enough

Which is why I said "apparently" I never used em, I stuck with my HD 25IIs : )

I can't believe how many cables and plugs etc are all over the place with my Vive :)

I finally got some light stands for the motion sensors and bought a pivot yoke for adjusting the sensor angle. I am happy I didn't wall mount them because I would have needed to move them due to seeing a better position that will give me a little bit more floor space.

jcSTPGY.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where did you get a the pivot yoke, saucy?

Where did you get a the pivot yoke, saucy?
    Amazon. I seen a guy on Reddit recommend it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EVL1K3K/sc=1

I love how the dude plays on as they cart out yer wan

Anyone playing hover Junkers, is it multiplayer only, I'm getting murdered on a regular basis.

Skerries wrote: »
    I ordered on the 6th April and it arrived yesterday with delivery 2 days after getting the email to say it was on its way

Going back to this: did you hear anything at all between ordering and shipment notification?

Anyone playing hover Junkers, is it multiplayer only, I'm getting murdered on a regular basis.
    I was just going to buy it and then I seen its €31.99 :eek:

I'll look into it a bit more before making a purchase.

I was just going to buy it and then I seen its €31.99 :eek:

I'll look into it a bit more before making a purchase.

Yea I'm not sure it's worth it, again I was expecting better graphics I'm probably not being fair to the Vive or need a better graphics card(using gtx970), coming up to my 2hrs and might try for a refund, saying that I'm bum at it and think it'll take me more than 2hrs to get the hang of it.
    It's also a bit glitchy but you kinda expect that a little bit online.

Saying that I'm close to saying it's my favourite game so far, I'll go in and give it another shot now I've read the instructions.

I think we're going to be living with relatively low quality graphics in a lot of VR titles for a while. They have to favour performance massively to maintain fps.

I bought it, saw how the ships moved and never went back

They move that way largely to negate motion sickness - there is method to their madness.

• Advertisement

Just tried theBlu.

Incredible. Graphics are amazing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451520/

I'm kinda getting the hang of it, I like it. Did you get the hang of streering it, can be a bit woozy but I'm starting to get a few kills under my belt now that I've figured how to armour up the hover craft, seem to spend a good bit of time on my knees ducking in it.

I'm gonna hold onto the game, think it's one of the better ones.

Just figured out if your in the Vive and on the steam splash screen go to settings>camera and enable them all, you get the room view but you also get a camera view of what's in front of you hovering beside the controller, kinda cool.

Had to update to the latest nvidia driver again about an hour ago, had made a difference in graphics quality a bit this time and the PC doesn't seem to be disagreeing with it.
    Think I found the source of the problem with the PC, you were on the right track with the over clocking and motherboard, for some reason the ram was setting it's resetting self to 1333mhz and I've 2400mhz ram, saved that config and it's been flying it since.

Just tried theBlu.

Incredible. Graphics are amazing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451520/

The whale part is free if you download transport in steam, 2 other things there as well.

They have a single player campaign in the works and I'm fairly sure it's included for free. I find it very difficult too and haven't played it much at all but I've heard it's meant to be better fun in in co-op mode (2 people per ship)

I found that it can be tricky to find the sweet spot especially if you have been re-adjusting the straps for friends. For me, it's best to have the bottom of the face mask resting on my cheekbones rather than covering my cheekbones. The problem then is that you are a bit more aware of the mask but I saw this method which looks like it might work and will be trying it later:

http://i.imgur.com/xrescgX.png

How did this go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Going back to this: did you hear anything at all between ordering and shipment notification?

just checked and there was an email a few days later with a receipt and a shipping date which just said May

Citor3 free demo download for the Vive from their website, works with touch* controllers. NSFW but I think curiosity might get the better of me on this one before the night is out.

My shoulders and arms are wrecked from the archery in thelab. Great craic to play.

Citor3 free demo download for the Vive from their website, works with touch* controllers. NSFW but I think curiosity might get the better of me on this one before the night is out.

For science!

• Advertisement

I'm kinda getting the hang of it, I like it. Did you get the hang of streering it, can be a bit woozy but I'm starting to get a few kills under my belt now that I've figured how to armour up the hover craft, seem to spend a good bit of time on my knees ducking in it.

tbh once I saw there was no yaw it just killed it for me and I gave up, I know why they did it but I'd rather have at least the option of chancing not having motion sickness .

I pulled my hamstring training today, it left most VR stuff out because I'm pretty much stuck in a chair, so I thought I'd see what this is about..just for like..em science... or whatever.

It made me feel...strange :D Not altogether unpleasant, mind you my hammy remained the only thing pulled when it ended :pac:

Advertisement