Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »
    So you reckon Giroud is less a rotation risk than these 2 (considering Giroud was already rested)?

I would have thought before Everton that Giroud for sure wouldn't start both but I'm not so sure now. A goal would have restored his confidence after Monaco and his target man abilities would be useful against the big QPR centre halves. Defore to Austin was an easy transfer for me, Giroud to Austin is a 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I would have thought before Everton that Giroud for sure wouldn't start both but I'm not so sure now. A goal would have restored his confidence after Monaco and his target man abilities would be useful against the big QPR centre halves. Defore to Austin was an easy transfer for me, Giroud to Austin is a 50/50.
    Yeah. I'm actually looking at Cazorla to Silva. I could do Sanchez -> Silva using my great flexibility towards him :pac: but I'm afraid he's gonna get soon an explosive return.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

ADM to Silva or Eriksen? Help me someone please :) Will Eriksen not be rested in one?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

worth a -8 though?

nah - I think I'd leave the arsenal man in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

DVDM93 wrote: »
    ADM to Silva or Eriksen? Help me someone please :) Will Eriksen not be rested in one?
    He should play 120-150 min.

Silva is the better long term option. But if you're competing in private leagues Eriksen may be a blocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rival closed the gap on me to under 55 there at weekend, - he played his WC last GW and benched kane/Rose and Eriksen, so decided to try play the blocker this week and took a -8, brought in Rose and Eriksen, and also matty phillips - cheap and picking up assists in last few games for QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Would anyone be kind enough to give an opinion on this..

A. PVA -> Rose -4

B. Start Bruce (SUN), No hits for the week & leave enough in the bank to do Austin -> Costa in later weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Alanhooly wrote: »

A. PVA -> Rose -4

B. Start Bruce (SUN), No hits for the week & leave enough in the bank to do Austin -> Costa in later weeks..

I'd take Bruce+4 vs Rose this week for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Alanhooly wrote: »

A. PVA -> Rose -4

B all day long, Rose X2 doesn't offer potential for big returns IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

In a similar position to a lot of others here - I'm leaning towards ADM out, Eriksen in (Silva the other choice).

So the question then becomes Sanchez to Silva for a -4?

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    In a similar position to a lot of others here - I'm leaning towards ADM out, Eriksen in (Silva the other choice).

So the question then becomes Sanchez to Silva for a -4?

Better to wait to do it for free and it only becomes worth it if you use the money well elsewhere! I would expect Sanchez to outscore Silva this week and quite comfortably over the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Is there anyone else who isn't getting Eriksen in? I don't think I can justify it for a - 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Is there anyone else who isn't getting Eriksen in? I don't think I can justify it for a - 4.

I did it for free. I don't think he's worth a -4

I brought him in with a free transfer I don't think I would be taking a hit for anyone this week. Eriksen and Kane maybe would justify it buts its close and when its close I feel its better to err on the side of caution.

jimmii wrote: »
    I brought him in with a free transfer I don't think I would be taking a hit for anyone this week. Eriksen and Kane maybe would justify it buts its close and when its close I feel its better to err on the side of caution.

I used my FT to bring in Austin so have him and Kane for the DGW. Reckon that's enough?

I used my FT to bring in Austin so have him and Kane for the DGW. Reckon that's enough?

Yeh its really not the most inspiring DGW. Its nice to have more because its more fun during the match but from a statistical point of view I think it would probably be a mistake unless you are taking out a player with a very low points expectancy.

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh its really not the most inspiring DGW. Its nice to have more because its more fun during the match but from a statistical point of view I think it would probably be a mistake unless you are taking out a player with a very low points expectancy.

It would be for Sterling, Silva or Sanchez so I don't think it's worth it. Thoughts?

It would be for Sterling, Silva or Sanchez so I don't think it's worth it. Thoughts?

Definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Foster Myhill
    PVA Bellerin Creswell Bertrand Bruce
    Sterling Hazard Sanchez Santi Walters
    Aguero Kane Benteke

My season is well and truly over fallen to 350k in the rankings

So going to take risks and hits.

Any thoughts not adverse to a -8 if need be with Creswell, Santi & Benteke (new manager punt) all out was thinking of bringing Zouma, Silva & Austin in but not sure on Austins form now

kilburn wrote: »
    Foster Myhill
    PVA Bellerin Creswell Bertrand Bruce
    Sterling Hazard Sanchez Santi Walters
    Aguero Kane Benteke

My season is well and truly over fallen to 350k in the rankings

So going to take risks and hits.

Any thoughts not adverse to a -8 if need be with Creswell, Santi & Benteke (new manager punt) all out was thinking of bringing Zouma, Silva & Austin in but not sure on Austins form now

Always tough when you get to this stage in that sort of position no point making the "sensible" plays go big or go home and no better time to do that than a DGW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Any news on Phil Jones? I'm actually contemplating a -4 Jones to Bertrand.

My back three is Bellerin, Jones, Wolly with PVA in reserve. My worry is that one or two of those will miss out.

I'm thinking Bertrand could be good to have. He even managed to get 2 bonus when Sainste lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just did Defoe to Austin....Defoe was a punt that did sweet f all the last few weeks.....
    Was contemplating one of Sanchez or Hazard out on a DGW punt on Eriksen.....but resisted,Eriksens form and returns have dipped so couldn't see him repaying a -4 hit too well...here's hoping I'm right:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »

My back three is Bellerin, Jones, Wolly with PVA in reserve. My worry is that one or two of those will miss out.

I'm thinking Bertrand could be good to have. He even managed to get 2 bonus when Sainste lost!

No Chelsea defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »

I would do it (or Alder) if PvA doesn't start. You'll see before lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Just the one change for me. Eriksen in for ADM. Getting a bit antsy about Sanchez but I might as well hold him for another week. He'll be out for Silva if he blanks again. I was half-considering bringing in a Spurs defender but I'd probably only end up selling them.

That'll leave me with a totally exciting two double players: Eriksen and Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Is Sturridge likely to start the next game? I need to sell Defoe as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Me!

dahat wrote: »
    No Chelsea defenders?

Nope, I ditched Terry last gameweek. Fixture congestion for them now for a bit so will go without one.

I would do it (or Alder) if PvA doesn't start. You'll see before lock.

That's what I'm thinking. Wondering if Bertie is worth the extra seeing as he offers a goal and bps threat.

It's some achievement to get bonus when your a defender and your team lose one nil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

Clyne and Elle out and rose and puncheon in

Advertisement