Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭laurenhiggins

I forgot it was double game week

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Hutton & ADM out
    Rose & Silva out, which leaves me with:

Foster
    Sakho, Rose, Bellerin
    Silva, Hazard, Sterling, Sanchez
    Giroud, Kane, Aguero

Bench: Hamer, PVA, Boyd, Wollshied.

Quite happy with that team. Pleased not selling Giroud for Sturridge a month ago and transfering in Wollshied before GW 27 (9 points) was great move! Keep going. Green arrows from GW21 makes me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yaya or Sanchez to Ericsson. Both have nice game weeks, cos be one that is massively regretted on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ya gotta love the mind games.

All ill say is I'm not checking fhfcs team at 1130 on a Sunday night working out permutations and adjusting my transfer plans accordingly ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Christ lads. Am I the only one here not bringing in Eriksen?

Is it crazy not to?

While I see the attraction I'm just not convinced. Yet.
    Swansea at home and QPR away??? Nice ties but hardly the same as Burnley and Leicester at home?

Possible Carling Cup hangover (happened plenty of losing CC Final teams before)

Spurs are inconsistent to say the least.

Eriksen may not start both games (although the chances of this are very slim I'd say)

Any reason why the following is a bad idea for a -4?

Sanchez -> Ozil
    Downing -> Sterling

Do I absolutely have to get Eriksen in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

G1032 wrote: »
    Christ lads. Am I the only one here not bringing in Eriksen?

Is it crazy not to?

While I see the attraction I'm just not convinced. Yet.
    Swansea at home and QPR away??? Nice ties but hardly the same as Burnley and Leicester at home?

Possible Carling Cup hangover (happened plenty of losing CC Final teams before)

Spurs are inconsistent to say the least.

Eriksen may not start both games (although the chances of this are very slim I'd say)

Any reason why the following is a bad idea for a -4?

Sanchez -> Ozil
    Downing -> Sterling

Do I absolutely have to get Eriksen in?

It's the double game week syndrome... Not bringing him either though it will be a long 180 minutes praying that he does nothing! That double transfer looks good to me but I'd be afraid Sterling might get rested against Burnley after playing 120 mins on Thurs and another 90 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

If Eriksen starts both games it will be 4 games in nine days. I don't think he will get full 90 in both games.

Lloris is a better bet. Or maybe Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Can't decide if its worth doing Adm to eriksen for a -4...will we have any team news before the deadline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Invincible

Can't decide if its worth doing Adm to eriksen for a -4...will we have any team news before the deadline?

They're not playing until Wednesday, so no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Di Maria for who?? Only have 1 ft this week. Thinking Silva or Fabregas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Not Fabregas. He hasn't been playing well at all lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Bruce & Pellè OUT
    Rose & Austin IN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My current DGW coverage is Kane.

Will I get in Eriksen? Rotation risk.

Will I get in Austin? Two difficult games and I don't think I want him long-term.

Will I get in a Spurs defender? Again, not sure if I want long term.

As far as I'm concerned, it's barely a DGW so I'm not going to invest heavily.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I already have Eriksen and Kane, and I think I will leave it at that for DGW coverage. It is tempting to bring Rose or Vertonghen in for Jones, but I don't want three Spurs players long term and I don't like the idea of having one of next week's transfers decided already.

With that in mind, I think I will do Sanchez/Giroud out, Ozil/Sturridge in for a -4. I'm not certain on this yet because Giroud has been in good form while Sturridge hasn't found his yet, but the home fixture to Burnley might prove too tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Fabregas assisted Costa yesterday I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

keano25 wrote: »
    Fabregas assisted Costa yesterday I think?

Think the Costa goal went down as a Walker og but yep Fab put the pass in to Costa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I have decided not to get Ericsson in. I dont think he will play 180 mins and would not want to get him in only to get rid again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

this is doing my tits in

Foster | Myhill
    Terry | Clyne | McAuley | Hutton | Clark
    Silva | Hazard | Cazorla | Downing | Cork
    Giroud | Kane | Agüero

I can afford to do either:

giroud --> austin AND downing --> erikson
    OR
    terry --> rose AND downing --> erikson
    OR
    clyne --> rose AND downing --> chadli/lamela (would need extra .5 for erikson)

OR something else?

I really want rid of clyne and downing but who will play most between chadli/lamela?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Getting rid of Clyne? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Did you ever consider I may have went for a bit of Liverpool coverage

My calculations say it was Eriksen at 8.4 not Sterling at 8.5. Although you could have got Sterling on the Sat night I suppose so yeah that's possible.

I've gone for Eriksen anyway so you may as well tell me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

All ill say is I'm not checking fhfcs team at 1130 on a Sunday night working out permutations and adjusting my transfer plans accordingly ☺

Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

I am nothing if not thorough. :)

Also, wanted an excuse to give my patented "working out peoples transfers" system a whirl for the first time this season.

Main reason I switched my transfer from Silva to Eriksen is that I am now, after some weeks of messing and taking a couple of hits, fairly happy with my team. My back 5 and keeper are fine for a while barring injury, and same for my front three, so if I really do want to get Silva in as a second City attacker for bur, WBA, cpa from GW29 I will do so without needing a -4.

Also, Eriksens next 5 fixtures are quite good when you remember United are shíte...SWA, qpr, MUN, LEI, bur, AVL. Eriksen scored against Utd last year iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

I am nothing if not thorough. :)

Also, wanted an excuse to give my patented "working out peoples transfers" system a whirl for the first time this season.

Main reason I switched my transfer from Silva to Eriksen is that I am now, after some weeks of messing and taking a couple of hits, fairly happy with my team. My back 5 and keeper are fine for a while barring injury, and same for my front three, so if I really do want to get Silva in as a second City attacker for bur, WBA, cpa from GW29 I will do so without needing a -4.

Also, Eriksens next 5 fixtures are quite good when you remember United are shíte...SWA, qpr, MUN, LEI, bur, AVL. Eriksen scored against Utd last year iirc.

What's your front 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Dunno if its worth a hit to get in Austin for Giroud. Have Kane and Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I have decided not to get Ericsson in. I dont think he will play 180 mins and would not want to get him in only to get rid again soon.

Are you getting Sony in?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I brought in Kyle Naughton last week to bring my playing contingent to 11. I had planned to bring Rose in this week because of the DGW and Spurs' upcoming fixtures.

I'm trying to decide whether to ditch Naughton or PVA. PVA has the more attractive fixtures but Naughton gave me a nice return on Saturday.

What to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Rikand wrote: »
    defoe - austin
    jpnes - rose

sanch/caz - eriksen

bada bing, bada boom!

worth a -8 though?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Potentially Silva -> Eriksen.

Either that or bank it.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

dahat wrote: »
    Getting rid of Clyne? Why?

I think Southampton are slumping a bit and with my chelsea/WBA/villa cover I can gamble on Rose for the DGW and the spurs fixtures after Man United next week:

leicester (h)
    burnley (a)
    villa (h)
    newcastle (a)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I done Defoe to Austin with my FT before Defoe fell last night.

Now I need to decide whether it's worth a -4 to bring in Eriksen. I would be shipping out Sanchez, Sterling or Silva so not sure if it would be worth it in the long run. Would be madness to get rid of Sterling (Burnley at home) or Silva (Leicester at home) so only really leaves me with Sanchez? Would have no Arsenal cover then though. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Outside of Kane and Eriksen to a lesser extent I don't see any other player really worth a transfer or hit for the dgw.

Advertisement