Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 28 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

John83 wrote: »
    I brought in Kyle Naughton last week to bring my playing contingent to 11. I had planned to bring Rose in this week because of the DGW and Spurs' upcoming fixtures.

I'm trying to decide whether to ditch Naughton or PVA. PVA has the more attractive fixtures but Naughton gave me a nice return on Saturday.

What to do?

For sure wait until Tuesday at 1845 since we'll see if PvA starts or not. Assuming he starts, from now through GW32 I'd rather have PvA. Until the end of the season I'd rather have Naughton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

What's your front 3?

Sturridge, Aguero, Kane.

Sturridge and Costa interchangable, as can afford pretty much any forward I want over the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Fail to prepare. Prepare to fail.

I am nothing if not thorough. :)

Also, wanted an excuse to give my patented "working out peoples transfers" system a whirl for the first time this season.

Main reason I switched my transfer from Silva to Eriksen is that I am now, after some weeks of messing and taking a couple of hits, fairly happy with my team. My back 5 and keeper are fine for a while barring injury, and same for my front three, so if I really do want to get Silva in as a second City attacker for bur, WBA, cpa from GW29 I will do so without needing a -4.

Also, Eriksens next 5 fixtures are quite good when you remember United are shíte...SWA, qpr, MUN, LEI, bur, AVL. Eriksen scored against Utd last year iirc.

Ye you were spot on eriksen and austin in for a -4. I don't think eriksen will start both games but I want him anyway so feel it's worth the -4 as I plan to keep him for the foreseeable future. He also has a game in gw 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I just can't tempt myself to take out an Arsenal midfielder playing against QPR for Eriken for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

All 5 of my defenders could conceivably keep a cleanie this weekend. Trying to decide who to start between the following:

PVA (Hull A) - Zouma (West Ham A) - Bellerin ( QPR A) - Dawson (Villa A) - Bertrand (Palace H)

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I just can't tempt myself to take out an Arsenal midfielder playing against QPR for Eriken for a -4

I'm currently in the same boat. Was thinking of doing Sanchez to Eriksen for a -4 but just don't think it's worth it.

I have the Harps cup 1/4 final this GW so if my rival ends up having Eriksen then it could end up a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ADM to Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

All 5 of my defenders could conceivably keep a cleanie this weekend. Trying to decide who to start between the following:

PVA (Hull A) - Zouma (West Ham A) - Bellerin ( QPR A) - Dawson (Villa A) - Bertrand (Palace H)
    I've 4 of those plus Yun (on a DGW) instead of Dawson. Tough decision this week

How many different ways will we see "Eriksen" spelt on this thread this week.

Over the past two pages there's been:
    - Eriksen
    - Erikssen
    - Erikson
    - Ericsson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Thoughts?
    When I am in doubt I look to the bookies.

In order of bookies odds of clean sheet.
    Bertrand
    Zounma
    Bellerin
    Dawson
    PVA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Brought in Rose for Wisdom

Now I need to decide on one to drop between
    Giroud, Herrera or Walters.

Herrera currently is my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't look for much help or advice here in recent seasons, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I still have my WC left to use, I had every intention of using it this gw being a dgw.

The thing is I'm not sure if I need to or not, I've managed to ship out Adm and yaya for eriksen and Silva for a - 4 hit, that leaves me with eriksen and Kane for spurs cover. Ideally I'd like to swap Sanchez for carzola and Defoe for sturridge this gw too, that would require me to WC but am I making a mistake in downgrading Sanchez to carzola to fund the sturridge move ?

I've a gut feeling Sanchez will hit another bit of form soon, if I take him out now I'll lose loads, I got him at 10.6 million. I'm top of my money league by 40 odd points, only one other has sanchez due to his price, he's a serious differential but I feel sturridge esp v Burnley will also hit a bit of form.

Any help, appriciated, baiscally to WC now or later ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

I don't look for much help or advice here in recent seasons, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I still have my WC left to use, I had every intention of using it this gw being a dgw.

The thing is I'm not sure if I need to or not, I've managed to ship out Adm and yaya for eriksen and Silva for a - 4 hit, that leaves me with eriksen and Kane for spurs cover. Ideally I'd like to swap Sanchez for carzola and Defoe for sturridge this gw too, that would require me to WC but am I making a mistake in downgrading Sanchez to carzola to fund the sturridge move ?

I've a gut feeling Sanchez will hit another bit of form soon, if I take him out now I'll lose loads, I got him at 10.6 million. I'm top of my money league by 40 odd points, only one other has sanchez due to his price, he's a serious differential but I feel sturridge esp v Burnley will also hit a bit of form.

So you took a -4 and then thought about using your WC? Seems a bit short sighted tbh. Having already taken the -4 I'd definitely save it. Making 2 transfers on a WC seems a bit of a waste.

Just did ADM - Eriksen

One more FT, will get Toby in for Yun if Toby starts (we'll see before the GW closes). Otherwise will probably hold (Toby has Chelsea away next week), or get Walcott out for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    How many different ways will we see "Eriksen" spelt on this thread this week.

Over the past two pages there's been:
    - Eriksen
    - Erikssen
    - Erikson
    - Ericsson

It'll never be as good as "Augerio"...forget who the poster was that refused to spell it correctly!

I think I'm going to have to do Cazorla or Sanchez to Eriksen for a -4 to protect myself. The annoying thing with Eriksen is that his goals are usually worth 7/8 points since he's so good at BPS.
    I have absolutely no idea what side Wenger will put out on Wednesday. Rosicky and Walcott are both theoretically in line for a start which could mean Sanchez and Cazorla both miss out (I think at least one will).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Green or Forster in goal?

Obviously Green has the DGW but I'd be surprised at a clean sheet against either Spurs or Arsenal so at the moment I'm siding with Forster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

So you took a -4 and then thought about using your WC? Seems a bit short sighted tbh. Having already taken the -4 I'd definitely save it. Making 2 transfers on a WC seems a bit of a waste.

I wanted to move for eriksen before his price rised, Silva to yaya also needed to be done imo for obvious reasons. The -4 hit was always going to be taken this gw In order to do the above, I was flirting with my WC for this GW as soon as the dgw was announced.

I can still WC to make the other 2 maybe even 3 changes, so there won't be a -4 then. I'm just looking for a bit of help on wheter now is the time to use it or not and is downgrading Sanchez and bringing in sturridge wise...

Arguably the WC could set me up from now till the end of the season, not many people still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm going to be highly original and do Girroud/Di Maria to Austin/Eriksen time to gamble (or not)

Not really as if he played the WC the hit would be erased.

But yes, I agree that there will be much more profitable times and better (proper) DGWs to come to use your WC.

Your transfers so far are good moves IMO, and I don't think Sanchez to Caz is one to do just to facilitate Sturridge, especially if you think Sanchez will fire soon. It would be nice to have Eriksen and Silva and Studge for this week, but I doubt many will have all three plus Hazard, Aguero, Kane and Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I am considering Sanchez to Ozil, this will enable me to get Sturridge also. I'm not too hung up on price as I got sold and re-bought Sanchez previously.

Have many sold Sanchez? He's at 67% on FFFix ownership in the top 1000. How did he perform yesterday?

How I feel after finally transferring BUIB out

376211.gif

When I am in doubt I look to the bookies.

In order of bookies odds of clean sheet.
    Bertrand
    Zounma
    Bellerin
    Dawson
    PVA

Full list of CS odds in order. (From william hill as he kindly puts them all on one page so they can be pasted into a text file and tidied up then imported to excel to sort then back to text to paste here.......no. no, I'm quite busy at work actually, what are you implying!!!!)

Bertrand, Terry, Bellerin look decent options for me...

Would raise a big question about people getting in QPR defenders for one thing, although a Spurs defender who plays both could well pay off nicely!

10/11 Man City
    EVS Liverpool
    21/20 Southampton
    6/5 Chelsea
    13/10 Arsenal (qpr)
    11/8 Hull
    11/8 Tottenham (SWA)
    29/20 Aston Villa
    6/4 Man Utd
    8/5 Tottenham (qpr)
    17/10 West Brom
    7/4 Stoke
    21/10 Everton
    23/10 Sunderland
    3/1 Newcastle
    10/3 Crystal Palace
    15/4 QPR (TOT)
    19/5 Swansea (tot)
    9/2 West Ham
    5/1 QPR (ARS)
    6/1 Burnley
    8/1 Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not really as if he played the WC the hit would be erased.

But yes, I agree that there will be much more profitable times and better (proper) DGWs to come to use your WC.

Your transfers so far are good moves IMO, and I don't think Sanchez to Caz is one to do just to facilitate Sturridge, especially if you think Sanchez will fire soon. It would be nice to have Eriksen and Silva and Studge for this week, but I doubt many will have all three plus Hazard, Aguero, Kane and Sanchez.

Welcome to my front line:

Silva Eriksen Hazard Sanchez
    Sturridge Kane Aguero.

Incidentally, I have held Eriksen since the WC. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I didn't have him, I wouldn't be taking a -4 for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

Full list of CS odds in order. (From william hill as he kindly puts them all on one page so they can be pasted into a text file and tidied up then imported to excel to sort then back to text to paste here.......no. no, I'm quite busy at work actually, what are you implying!!!!)

Bertrand, Terry, Bellerin look decent options for me...

Would raise a big question about people getting in QPR defenders for one thing, although a Spurs defender who plays both could well pay off nicely!

10/11 Man City
    EVS Liverpool
    21/20 Southampton
    6/5 Chelsea
    13/10 Arsenal (qpr)
    11/8 Hull
    11/8 Tottenham (SWA)
    29/20 Aston Villa
    6/4 Man Utd
    8/5 Tottenham (qpr)
    17/10 West Brom
    7/4 Stoke
    21/10 Everton
    23/10 Sunderland
    3/1 Newcastle
    10/3 Crystal Palace
    15/4 QPR (TOT)
    19/5 Swansea (tot)
    9/2 West Ham
    5/1 QPR (ARS)
    6/1 Burnley
    8/1 Leicester

Hhhhmmmmmm good odds on a saints clean sheet BUT dare I start both Bertrand and alderweireld ! I've held the flute so long I need to start him as he won't be starting against Chelsea :D
    Other defenders are Wolschield, Bellerin and PVA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

To combine the DGW odds you get around 15/8 for atleast 1 QPR cleansheet and 11/20 for at least 1 Spurs CS chance of 2 cleansheets for Spurs is just over 16% not going to get too carried away with their DGW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Hhhhmmmmmm good odds on a saints clean sheet BUT dare I start both Bertrand and alderweireld ! I've held the flute so long I need to start him as he won't be starting against Chelsea  Other defenders are Wolschield, Bellerin and PVA

I have the exact same defenders and I'm starting Bertrand, Alderwiereld and Bellerin.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Welcome to my front line:

Silva Eriksen Hazard Sanchez
    Sturridge Kane Aguero.

Incidentally, I have held Eriksen since the WC. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I didn't have him, I wouldn't be taking a -4 for him.

I thought as I was typing that that you might have that front 7. Was not sure how you were affording it but you sold Terry if I recall? I couldn't afford it but have a fair bit tied up in Terry and Bertrand.

The ideal front 7 for this week imo, although I'd be slightly worried about Austin.

I wish you a fantastic week with the exception of Silva.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I thought as I was typing that that you might have that front 7. Was not sure how you were affording it but you sold Terry if I recall? I couldn't afford it but have a fair bit tied up in Terry and Bertrand.

The ideal front 7 for this week imo, although I'd be slightly worried about Austin.

I wish you a fantastic week with the exception of Silva.. :)

Back line is:
    Foster
    Bellerin Wolly Jones (PVA to sub in)

I don't think its that bad. I actually have enough banked to go Jones to Bertrand which I might do or could just go for Alder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I currently have Forster in goal, anyone think it would be worth it to transfer to Lloris for DGW?

Was also thinking of transferring Sanchez for Sterling. I don't know which would be best as I only have 1 FT and don't want to do both as I already took a -8 last week.

Any advice?

Advertisement