Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When would you turn back and confront scumbags?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Warm but not hot, this place has lovely views of the prison :P
    Ah,i was a good few miles of,hopefully the little scobes are not given the convenience of being housed in their local clink when they eventually get jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I still remember well that awful case in Inchicore of the two Polish lads getting stabbed with a screwdriver after they got into a small row with some kids.

Think that was in Drimnagh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Birneybau wrote: »
    If you're talking to me, they were early 20s. Why you presumed, when I said it was the last bus, I don't know.

Referring to OP who used the word 'kids'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Armelodie wrote: »
    Referring to OP who used the word 'kids'.

Sorry, jumped to conclusions there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Had a run in with a crowd of scummy teenagers last night :)

Took a short cut through a lane and happened up them. A group of normal looking teenagers were walking on in front of me. One of the little scrotes gets up off the wall and was gesturing with his hand up to the group in front of me. They kept walking, I'm walking on anyway and the little sh*t ball has a pebble, a little f*cking pebble in his hand and flicks it up as I pass into the back of my head. :rolleyes:

Well I turn around in an instant and in the most macho voice I've ever produced "Oi! Watch it! :mad::mad:" the next bit was hilarious, the scummer kinda twirls on his feet, not knowing whether to come back and square up to me, he was kinda trying to see if his mates were gonna back him up before he decided. Two of his mates had turned around aswell and were equally trying to guess what each other were gonna do. So I goes "Right!" :mad: and they f*cked off :pac: little scared c*nts knew I meant business. I would've happily have given them some trouble since they were looking.

Continued my journey up the lane anyway, passed the group of normal teenagers, who didn't so much as batt an eyelid and I came up to a group of girls. I'd guess they were hanging around with the scrotes just before I came. Got the impression they were impressed with seeing a real man in action having demasculated the scrote in front of his mates. :)

I'm not a tall guy or particularly strong at the moment. Looking to get back to gymming alright. But I dunno, I just can't keep the head down and walk on like most people seem to do. If someone's looking for trouble they've got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

DeathWolf wrote: »
    So we all know of these little ***** that start throwing random rocks/branches/fireworks/whatever in any part of Dublin City Center. I've usually just ignored them and walked off, but sometimes I wonder, do people ever stand back to them? Does that turn bad? I have a couple times tried to confront them, but most time they just run away. Some do get more aggressive though.

These groups of 4-5 kids seriously need to get their ass kicked sometimes, as their parents don't do it.

If it were anywhere in the US, you'd find people carrying guns in their purse and it'd create deaths here and there. Elsewhere most people would carry pepper guns or monkey fists to fight back. But in Dublin I never see people fighting back and only hear horrible stories of people getting smashed, what's it behind that?
    Any stories you would share on that?

If not fighting, is there anything else that'll get them to leave you the hell alone?

It happened me up in Finglas one night. 3 hardshaws starting jeering me & when I wasn't responded one of them came up behind me & tripped me. I had 2 choices - run & be caught or stay & take my chances.

I stayed, made a split second decision & picked one. Lunged at him & bit his nose as hard as I could. I did awful damage & will never forget the screams. His 2 pals didn't stay around long they were gone almost instantly when they heard his screams. I did permanent damage to that chap but don't regret it for one second as he'd have done the same if not worse to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

What the fúck is a monkey fist?

This still hasn't been addressed. Google would suggest it's some sort of decorative knot. Arts and crafts type stuff. What's that got to do with lampin' young fellas down the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

A monkey fist is another name for knuckle dusters or brass knuckles. Not sure what country uses the term but I'm 100% I've read that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Baby Jane

They'll get their just deserts eventually.
    Stojkovic wrote: »
    Just walk away in the smug knowledge they will die before they are 25 from aids or gunshot.

Karma.
    But they more than likely won't. Karma is a lovely idea but unfortunately it's not consistent with reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Had a run in with a crowd of scummy teenagers last night :)

Took a short cut through a lane and happened up them. A group of normal looking teenagers were walking on in front of me. One of the little scrotes gets up off the wall and was gesturing with his hand up to the group in front of me. They kept walking, I'm walking on anyway and the little sh*t ball has a pebble, a little f*cking pebble in his hand and flicks it up as I pass into the back of my head. :rolleyes:

Well I turn around in an instant and in the most macho voice I've ever produced "Oi! Watch it! :mad::mad:" the next bit was hilarious, the scummer kinda twirls on his feet, not knowing whether to come back and square up to me, he was kinda trying to see if his mates were gonna back him up before he decided. Two of his mates had turned around aswell and were equally trying to guess what each other were gonna do. So I goes "Right!" :mad: and they f*cked off :pac: little scared c*nts knew I meant business. I would've happily have given them some trouble since they were looking.

Continued my journey up the lane anyway, passed the group of normal teenagers, who didn't so much as batt an eyelid and I came up to a group of girls. I'd guess they were hanging around with the scrotes just before I came. Got the impression they were impressed with seeing a real man in action having demasculated the scrote in front of his mates. :)

I'm not a tall guy or particularly strong at the moment. Looking to get back to gymming alright. But I dunno, I just can't keep the head down and walk on like most people seem to do. If someone's looking for trouble they've got it.

Sooo you're saying you are more of a real man by being prepared to fight with underage kids??? (compared to the TEENAGERS who knew better to walk away!!!).

Wow I bet you hope you got those girls' phone numbers too as you have a real way with impressing TEENAGERS!

As I said before, assault of a minor by an adult is a serious thing... just walk away. Those teenagers who kept walking had more sense than yourself.

Don;t forget about the Drimnagh case mentioned earlier where the girls ran into the pub and told the youngfella off his head that someone was threatening his dad. What if you're lovely girls had gone to tell their da's that someone was threatning their kids!!! The gymming wont save you then.

• Advertisement

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Sooo you're saying you are more of a real man by being prepared to fight with underage kids??? (compared to the TEENAGERS who knew better to walk away!!!).

Wow I bet you hope you got those girls' phone numbers too as you have a real way with impressing TEENAGERS!

As I said before, assault of a minor by an adult is a serious thing... just walk away. Those teenagers who kept walking had more sense than yourself.

Don;t forget about the Drimnagh case mentioned earlier where the girls ran into the pub and told the youngfella off his head that someone was threatening his dad. What if you're lovely girls had gone to tell their da's that someone was threatning their kids!!! The gymming wont save you then.
    Nothing minor about a 19 yr old :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

If someone hadn't stepped in for me I could have ended up beaten up or worse. Left a bar in the US and wandered back towards where I thought the hotel was (general direction anyway). It was a residential area with a small collection of bars and was very quiet. It was quite a far walk but I wasn't arsed paying for a cab, obviously I had become separated from my mates. I'm about 200 metres gone from the bar when I hear "Andon, Andon" being called so I turn around and looked back to see the bar man from the bar I was in. He called me back and I thought I had forgotten something so went back to him.

When I got back to him he said that he spotted someone follow me out of the bar and they were walking down the road behind me. The lad just kept on going as I had been called back by the bar man. I'm not sure if there was a threat but luckily the bar man called me back so I didn't have to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This still hasn't been addressed. Google would suggest it's some sort of decorative knot. Arts and crafts type stuff. What's that got to do with lampin' young fellas down the town?
    A monkey's fist.

It has a steel core. Looks harmless enough but I'd say a good swing would take the face off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Nothing minor about a 19 yr old :rolleyes:

Walking away wouldn't have made you less of a man.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Walking away wouldn't have made you less of a man.

Yeah well someone's gotta put manners on these f*ckers. Had 2 run ins with similar chav c*nts in London last year that I sorted without violence.

Fine, let them run riot. Our cities are deteriorating rapidly. I'd like to think they'll think twice about acting the maggot if they know there's a chance they'll get their ass kicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

coopdog85 wrote: »
    Lunged at him & bit his nose as hard as I could. I did awful damage & will never forget the screams.

That is disgusting. Psycho behaviour on your part tbh!

Heat_Wave wrote: »

He was dead right to. 3 against 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Golaco

Yeah well someone's gotta put manners on these f*ckers. Had 2 run ins with similar chav c*nts in London last year that I sorted without violence.

Fine, let them run riot. Our cities are deteriorating rapidly.

I hate seeing scrotes get away with this kind of behaviour but the potential for getting stabbed or something is so high. Principals aren't much good to you then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

He was dead right to. 3 against 1.

He could have pinned the lad to the ground. He could have done anything. Anything except 'bite his nose'???

He could have pinned the lad to the ground. He could have done anything. Anything except 'bite his nose'???
    While the other 2 thump his head while he's on the ground?
    He exerted minimal energy to win the fight. When against 3 you best conserve your energy and element the opponent with the least effort possible. It was good move to be fair.

• Advertisement

Golaco wrote: »
    I hate seeing scrotes get away with this kind of behaviour but the potential for getting stabbed or something is so high. Principals aren't much good to you then

You're probably right :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

I have teenagers. I let them do the scuffling. Happily, most of the other teenagers around here know mine and are either friends of them or scared of them. Teenage lads can be dull when they're drunk, p1ssey and showing off in front of their mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Your as bad as they are for biting them

Disgusting behavior you could catch anything

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cen taurus

With mutiple attackers if the fight goes to the ground you are dead. Simples.
    It was a lot better than getting a screwdrver through the side of his head, or being left a vegtable in a nursing home, which with 3 against 1, is what was coming to him if he hadn't reacted the way he did.
    With those odds he should be dead or braindamaged now.
    Most street fights are over in seconds, and only the most violent and fast wins.
    The second most stupid thing you can do is get into a fight if you have the option to safey leave the scene.
    (He didn't)
    The most stupid thing you can do is not fight to the max for your life when you are cornered / ambushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Golaco

You're probably right :(

Unfortunately scrotes know this too which means they think they can get away with it. Bit of a vicious circle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

two words; krav maga. never look for trouble but be ready if trouble finds you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

My friend stood up to these kind of guys once and had a knife pulled on him. Luckily there happened to be two gardai nearby so they ran off. But yeah just don't do it, avoid at all costs, especially if you're alone, you're in a secluded area or its nighttime. The only thing you can lose by running away is your pride, stay and fight and you can lose your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Gebgbegb wrote: »

The little prick threw something at his head, someone mouthing off most people can ignore but when they go to put hands on you or throw something it's time to hit back.

If they're old enough to act the hard man they can take the slap as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Are you serious? He got jumped, you can do anything you like to your attacker if it means you come out of it better than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

He didn't get jumped. One of them tripped him
    3 hardshaws starting jeering me & when I wasn't responded one of them came up behind me & tripped me. I had 2 choices - run & be caught or stay & take my chances.

It's not like he was on the ground struggling for his life.
    He was on his own 2 feet, and instead of running, or calling for help....or a swift kick to the balls......he bit someones face.
    There are serious issues with you if you think it's ok to bite someones face.

Advertisement