Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When would you turn back and confront scumbags?

Options
  • 20-02-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

So we all know of these little ***** that start throwing random rocks/branches/fireworks/whatever in any part of Dublin City Center. I've usually just ignored them and walked off, but sometimes I wonder, do people ever stand back to them? Does that turn bad? I have a couple times tried to confront them, but most time they just run away. Some do get more aggressive though.

These groups of 4-5 kids seriously need to get their ass kicked sometimes, as their parents don't do it.

If it were anywhere in the US, you'd find people carrying guns in their purse and it'd create deaths here and there. Elsewhere most people would carry pepper guns or monkey fists to fight back. But in Dublin I never see people fighting back and only hear horrible stories of people getting smashed, what's it behind that?
    Any stories you would share on that?

If not fighting, is there anything else that'll get them to leave you the hell alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

DeathWolf wrote: »
    So we all know of these little ***** that start throwing random rocks/branches/fireworks/whatever in any part of Dublin City Center. I've usually just ignored them and walked off, but sometimes I wonder, do people ever stand back to them? Does that turn bad? I have a couple times tried to confront them, but most time they just run away. Some do get more aggressive though.

These groups of 4-5 kids seriously need to get their ass kicked sometimes, as their parents don't do it.

If it were anywhere in the US, you'd find people carrying guns in their purse and it'd create deaths here and there. Elsewhere most people would carry pepper guns or monkey fists to fight back. But in Dublin I never see people fighting back and only hear horrible stories of people getting smashed, what's it behind that?
    Any stories you would share on that?

If not fighting, is there anything else that'll get them to leave you the hell alone?

Although they are probably cowardly rodents, in a crowd they will do anything to look hard and it's not worth getting stabbed just to make a point. Just remember his face and pray you meet him 1 on 1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Get an iron bar and wear it into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

If they were harming an innocent animal, I'd step in. Saw a group of little pr1cks kicking a dog that was chained up while its owner was in the shop one time so I belted one of them across the head. Didn't even need to worry bout them being in a group as the crowd of strangers around me was a lot bigger and very quickly jumped on my side when they saw what they were doing. little f@ckers ran off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Walk away, no point engaging with these scumbags. They'll get their just deserts eventually.

OSI wrote: »
    Where have you been where most people carry pepper spray or monkeys fists?

Down the docks, where else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Was walking and talking on the phone in the city centre one day last year and one of the little scrotes cycled by me and grabbed it off me - I let a roar at him and a good samartian walking a few paces in front of me heard it and gave the bike an almighty kick as it tried to fly past him, sending the scrote and my phone flying onto the path.

Needless to say I got my phone back, the scrote went scarpering after a stern telling off, and my good samaritan was given the price of a few pints for his troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

Maybe not the same, but I was at a niece's 18th last weekend.

At the end of the night a group of young lads had gathered seemingly looking for trouble. One of these lads randomly takes a swing at my brother in law add hits him a crack, he kind of gathered himself up to be met with about 5 or 6 lads how now trying to jump all over him but we managed to get him onto the mini bus we had hired and the driver done well to keep them off.

All this was for no reason, I went to the door of the bus to try and figure out what happened as we had a number of lads banging the windows trying to get in or get the brother in law out. The main ring leader stood, I asked what's that all about all he done was look at me and shout 'mon big man mon let's go lets go".

Usually I would avoid trouble like this but this guys face and him being such a little p##ck pushed me over the edge.

I will not go into details of exactly what happened but I did show some restraint albeit little scumbad tried swinging for the fences.
    If you are going to start a fight you had better know how to fight.

But I would not condone my own behavior you could find yourself in a dangerous situation especially with drunk young lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DeathWolf

Couldn't agree more, tbh avoiding fight would be what I usually do.
    What bothers me if what would you do if they do start picking on you and become physical.
    That's why I would advise keeping a monkey fist with you, and taking some good self defense lessons if you never had any, call it self defense in case of aggression.(and keep in mind I'm a fairly strong 30+ man)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Just walk away in the smug knowledge they will die before they are 25 from aids or gunshot.

Karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,104 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Locomotion wrote: »
    If they were harming an innocent animal, I'd step in. Saw a group of little pr1cks kicking a dog that was chained up while its owner was in the shop one time so I belted one of them across the head. Didn't even need to worry bout them being in a group as the crowd of strangers around me was a lot bigger and very quickly jumped on my side when they saw what they were doing. little f@ckers ran off then.

PM me your bank details - a few pints is due to you sir ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

everlast75 wrote: »
    PM me your bank details - a few pints is due to you sir ;)

Don't do it! It's a trap!

He was one of the little feckers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Walk away, no point engaging with these scumbags. They'll get their just deserts eventually.

If everyone walks away, how will they get their "just desserts"?

Take out the leader of the group - usually the loudest - and the minions will melt away.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If everyone walks away, how will they get their "just desserts"?

Take out the leader of the group - usually the loudest - and the minions will melt away.

or you could lose control of the situation and the minions might partake in a group head stamping

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

or you could lose control of the situation and the minions might partake in a group head stamping

That's it exactly. End up on the ground, and you're in a critical situation.

While it might hurt your pride, it's better to walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Was on the last bus a few weeks ago, had a few drinks on me. Some little pr!ck down the back of the bus was hammered and mouthing off, his brother and mate were trying to get him to shut up, they were far from scumbags.

I had enough and snapped, walked down the back of the bus and told him to STFU, he was scaring people and that. He mouthed off at me, shouting in my face. His brother jumped between us, nothing was going to happen but I was incensed, took all my might not to throw a punch at him.

Got a fistbump off a bloke as I was getting off the bus. Woke up kind of embarrassed the next day but fcuk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I presume we're talking about minors here !

Assault of a minor is a very,very different kettle of Legal fish to a fight with an adult.

Armelodie wrote: »
    I presume we're talking about minors here !

Assault of a minor is a very,very different kettle of Legal fish to a fight with an adult.

If you're talking to me, they were early 20s. Why you presumed, when I said it was the last bus, I don't know.

Birneybau wrote: »
    If you're talking to me, they were early 20s. Why you presumed, when I said it was the last bus, I don't know.

Early 20s here as well it was outside a night club.

Early 20s here as well it was outside a night club.

Little drunk hardshaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Round them up and send them to a remote, small island with no food.

Proceed to drop 4 grizzly bears (who haven't been fed in an awful long time) on said island.

Problem solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I wouldn't anymore. It's just not worth it when young teenagers are carrying knives and it seems people would stab you as soon as look at you.

Edit: I mean not for having things shouted at me by the little feckers , etc. I don't believe in this crap of standing by while animals or other people get hurt. Just choose your battles!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I still remember well that awful case in Inchicore of the two Polish lads getting stabbed with a screwdriver after they got into a small row with some kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

DeathWolf wrote: »
    Elsewhere most people would carry pepper guns or monkey fists to fight back. ?

What the fúck is a monkey fist?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Maybe not the same, but I was at a niece's 18th last weekend.

At the end of the night a group of young lads had gathered seemingly looking for trouble. One of these lads randomly takes a swing at my brother in law add hits him a crack, he kind of gathered himself up to be met with about 5 or 6 lads how now trying to jump all over him but we managed to get him onto the mini bus we had hired and the driver done well to keep them off.

All this was for no reason, I went to the door of the bus to try and figure out what happened as we had a number of lads banging the windows trying to get in or get the brother in law out. The main ring leader stood, I asked what's that all about all he done was look at me and shout 'mon big man mon let's go lets go".

Usually I would avoid trouble like this but this guys face and him being such a little p##ck pushed me over the edge.

I will not go into details of exactly what happened but I did show some restraint albeit little scumbad tried swinging for the fences.
    If you are going to start a fight you had better know how to fight.

But I would not condone my own behavior you could find yourself in a dangerous situation especially with drunk young lads!

The way you reacted reminded of a "scenario" i found myself in last christmas, I was out on one of the nights over christmas (well known midlands town is where I live), at a late bar with 2 mates, got half jarred and got seperated from my mates. Left the bar at the end of the night on my own and decided to walk home (now i usually did this when i was out), took a shortcut down an alley and stopped to text my mates to see where they were.

Before i know it, a young lad, say round 16-17 stepped out in front of me and asked for €5, now i thought in my hazy state, i gave him some loose change, and he wasnt happy and demanded a "F***** fiver", all of a sudden 5 lads appeared out of nowwhwere and I was surrounded and then thought to myself "wtf is going on here". Young lad kicked me in the b***s and demanded cash. Well the kick reawoken my senses and i struck out with my fist and caught him on the cheek, that seem to startle him and he shouted out "Have you got a blade, have you got a blade". I was so livid i replied back ( 80's action movie wise), "I dont need a blade, I have these" and i held up my fists.

I genuinely thought it was all going to kick off, but by some twist of fate, a couple came walking down the alley and the gang of young lads legged it, just as quickly as they appeared. I was a little bit shook but went back up to the taxi rank and got a taxi home.

Next morning, very hungover , was thinking back to the previous nights events and i was sort of saying to myself "fair play for standing up to them" but in all reality i later thought, it could have ended up a lot worse.

Learned some important lessons after that night, try and not get seperated from your friends and if you do, dont try and walk home, get a taxi, its not worth it, as theres always that chance, that theres a bunch of tossers trying to roll some poor mortal over

I want to share another story simply because it is funny!
    I used to work with a guy from Dublin, now this guy always had a tall tail but he was a little crazy so I kind of used to just agree with him and say things like "Really??? No way" His stories always were around how 15 lads jumped him and he kicks everyone ass then steals their girlfriends.
    He was kind of the office joke we used to call him Chuck <Secondname> instead of Chuck Norris.

So anyways on a night out doing a bit of an after work pub-crawl in Belfast.
    Group of lads mouthing as we are about to go into a bar hits one the guys I work with, he actually fell and we later found out he broke his arm.

As soon as it happen up walks Chuck N...... stands amoung them like a crazed lunatic! I immediately think he is about to get his @ss handed to him but what happened next was like something from a Van Damn movie.

Pivioting on one leg he kicks one of these runts on the side of the face and without even putting his leg down turns and kicks a second to the face in exactly the same manor, the two runts eat the pavement while the other runts kind of just stare in bewilderment!

Turn on his heals and say right lads into the bar.....

No one really made fun of Chuck N.... after that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Only if they're really small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I still remember well that awful case in Inchicore of the two Polish lads getting stabbed with a screwdriver after they got into a small row with some kids.

It was Drimnagh, just saying, terrible indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

I swear the value of human life has seriously decreased to these scumbags in the last ten years or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The way you reacted reminded of a "scenario" i found myself in last christmas, I was out on one of the nights over christmas (well known midlands town is where I live), at a late bar with 2 mates, got half jarred and got seperated from my mates. Left the bar at the end of the night on my own and decided to walk home (now i usually did this when i was out), took a shortcut down an alley and stopped to text my mates to see where they were.

Before i know it, a young lad, say round 16-17 stepped out in front of me and asked for €5, now i thought in my hazy state, i gave him some loose change, and he wasnt happy and demanded a "F***** fiver", all of a sudden 5 lads appeared out of nowwhwere and I was surrounded and then thought to myself "wtf is going on here". Young lad kicked me in the b***s and demanded cash. Well the kick reawoken my senses and i struck out with my fist and caught him on the cheek, that seem to startle him and he shouted out "Have you got a blade, have you got a blade". I was so livid i replied back ( 80's action movie wise), "I dont need a blade, I have these" and i held up my fists.

I genuinely thought it was all going to kick off, but by some twist of fate, a couple came walking down the alley and the gang of young lads legged it, just as quickly as they appeared. I was a little bit shook but went back up to the taxi rank and got a taxi home.

Next morning, very hungover , was thinking back to the previous nights events and i was sort of saying to myself "fair play for standing up to them" but in all reality i later thought, it could have ended up a lot worse.

Learned some important lessons after that night, try and not get seperated from your friends and if you do, dont try and walk home, get a taxi, its not worth it, as theres always that chance, that theres a bunch of tossers trying to roll some poor mortal over
    What happens in Mullingar stays in Mullingar!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

tipptom wrote: »
    What happens in Mullingar stays in Mullingar!

Warm but not hot, this place has lovely views of the prison :P

Advertisement