Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'm imagining spittle, foam at the corner of the mouth and an eye twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Of course child abuse isn't funny. Jeez, you sound like an acolyte of far-right nutjobs like Aleksandr Dugin.

I can assure you I am not a far right activist, far from actually. I just want this country to have a bit of law and order and a moral compass. We're week in stopping all this so called "modern" change which is only poisoning society, especially our youth. It's even sadder to know there is nothing that can be done about it, the government will please anyone to get a vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

1123heavy wrote: »
    I can assure you I am not a far right activist, far from actually. I just want this country to have a bit of law and order and a moral compass. We're week in stopping all this so called "modern" change which is only poisoning society, especially our youth. It's even sadder to know there is nothing that can be done about it, the government will please anyone to get a vote.

"modern" change such as................?

Nodin wrote: »
    "modern" change such as................?

People changing the course of nature and wanting to switch sex, likewise with people wanting to marry someone from the same sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Moral compass, please define. What is poisoning our youth, i know hard drugs have done that for donkeys years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

People changing the course of nature...

That'd be like taking antibiotics? C Sections? Flying? Appendectomies?

Can't be having that! Close your browser, switch off all electrical appliances and head back to the dark ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

People changing the course of nature and wanting to switch sex, likewise with people wanting to marry someone from the same sex.
    And likewise with using unnatural medicines to cure diseases that would otherwise kill people. Stop changing the course of nature :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

You ever hear of live and let live? Or what was that thing Jesus was big on, treat others as you wish to be treated yourself? I don't think it was "Treat other like **** because they're different and make you feel insecure and give you a strange boner"?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    That'd be like taking antibiotics? C Sections? Flying? Appendectomies?

Can't be having that! Close your browser, switch off all electrical appliances and head back to the dark ages.

God encourages us to develop and make use of what he has given us. Any technological advance which helps humanity develop is welcome. If you're idea of development is people of the same sex getting it on or people changing sex then you have issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

God encourages us to develop and make use of what he has given us. Any technological advance which helps the humanity develop is welcome. If you're idea of development is people of the same sex getting it on or people changing sex then you have issues.
    Can you point out the relevant verse in the bible that supports your stance here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

God encourages us to develop and make use of what he has given us.

If god wanted us to discover penicillin he would have had us dicover it before 1928.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dear o dear.

Heavy, you still didn't tell me what you meant by "Nothing proper left in this country"? And what exactly is "proper"?

Is it nasty dinners that consist of HAPES of spuds, boiled bacon and veg that's been cooked to snot? 'cos I'm not a fan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hmm...something doesn't add up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Am I to late to say it's coz they is the bomb

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Am I to late to say it's coz they is the bomb

*groan*

Go on, there's your thanks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I genuinely feel sorry for you that you are so filled with hatred.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Why do you think your moral compass is the right one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

I genuinelyfeel sorry for you that you are so filled with hatred.

You don't do mock pity well Joey. This is turning into the marriage referendum thread. Are the lynch mob on group pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

It seems that all the the people shouting about trans being wrong know nothing of the scientific aspect to it. Pretty widely accepted that it is possible for a person to simply be born into the wrong body. Heavy, darce and all the guffawing hyenas thrive on their own ignorance and ignore any facts sent their way. Pretty sad really.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    It seems that all the the people shouting about trans being wrong know nothing of the scientific aspect to it. Pretty widely accepted that it is possible for a person to simply be born into the wrong body. Heavy, darce and all the guffawing hyenas thrive on their own ignorance and ignore any facts sent their way. Pretty sad really.

Widely accepted by who ?

There is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that this is dangerous stuff. It has implications that were previously unimaginable and all must be very wary of what exactly it is we are dealing with, I think many of you are underestimating the situation if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Widely accepted by who ?

There is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that this is dangerous stuff. It has implications that were previously unimaginable and all must be very wary of what exactly it is we are dealing with, I think many of you are underestimating the situation if I'm honest.

Scientific community dear, the scientific evidence shows that you're causing immense damage by denying your gender or by people such as yourself who abuse them..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

B_Wayne wrote: »

Of course it is. It's the usual "i don't really understand it, it doesn't effect me, but I don't like it, so it's wrong".
    As usual with these threads (same with the same sex marriage ones) not a single coherent argument against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There is plenty of scientific evidence to prove that this is dangerous stuff.

Links to this evidence?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Cienciano wrote: »
    Of course it is. It's the usual "i don't really understand it, it doesn't effect me, but I don't like it, so it's wrong".
    As usual with these threads (same with the same sex marriage ones) not a single coherent argument against it.

same sex marriage = transsexualism?

Not that I would argue with a self confessed expert, but who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

reprise wrote: »
    same sex marriage = transsexualism?

Not that I would argue with a self confessed expert, but who knew?

Clearly not what he was saying....

This thread is going around in circles, I personally think you are all aware of how abhorrent this behavior truly is but like to pretend you think it's right for the sake of sounding non judgmental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Links to this evidence?

"Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later." - New Scientist Jan 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

"Differences in the brain's white matter that clash with a person's genetic sex may hold the key to identifying transsexual people before puberty. Doctors could use this information to make a case for delaying puberty to improve the success of a sex change later." - New Scientist Jan 2011

That doesn't seem dangerous to me, but then again I don't read far-right rags.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement