Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

padd b1975 wrote: »
    and not forgetting the non trannies tripping over themselves to register their outrage and how offended they are.

Dude, not cool. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Amazed by all the non catholics who seem to hang on every word the Pope says, and not forgetting the non trannies tripping over themselves to register their outrage and how offended they are.

Mod

Please don't use the term "Trannies", it is deemed a slur against the transgender population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

the guy's an absolute scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No he's a gentle compassionate elderly man who has won the hearts of people the world over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

...Considers walking on eggshells....

/leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No he's a gentle compassionate elderly man who has won the hearts of people the world over.
    No, my grandfather and millions the world over like him, are gentle compassionate elderly men. Pope Francis might be a decent soul if you get to know him personally, but what he represents, and what he says to the media concerning many social issues, is not representative of a gentle, compassionate elderly man who has won the hearts of people the world over. It is shameful, dangerous and entirely representative of the Catholic church and its true ideals.

He may have won some people's hearts, but he has not won the minds of people who are willing to think for themselves. With every story that emerges, he is merely reaffirming most people's belief that there is, and always has been, a rotten core to religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Islamic state share the same sentiment towards him. They see him as a scumbag as well and want him killed apparently.
    "What has been declared by the self-declared Islamic State is clear – they want to kill the Pope. The threats against the Pope are credible," the ambassador told La Nazione, an Italian daily, on Tuesday.
    "I believe they could try to kill him during one of his overseas trips or even in Rome. There are members of Isil who are not Arabs but Canadian, American, French, British, also Italians.
    "Isil could engage any of these to commit a terrorist attack in Europe."
    The ambassador said the Pope had made himself a target by speaking out against the human rights abuses

The Iraqi ambassador to the Holy See said the above, from the telegraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Not what he said at all. Of course there will always be rags like the Examiner that try to create "stories" and clowns to quickly pounce on them and take what they want from the context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

One of the worst things that could possibly happen right now to the Western world concerning religion is the pope being assassinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Amazed by all the non catholics who seem to hang on every word the Pope says, and not forgetting the non trannies tripping over themselves to register their outrage and how offended they are.

I would be happy to ignore the RCC entirely.

Given that the RCC will be actively campaigning to continue discrimination against me and other LGBT people, including the transgender individuals he is accusing of being a threat to humanity, and informed by the same twisted "logic" used here, I don't have that luxury.

So until they decide to stay the hell out of my life, I don't have much choice in the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

floggg wrote: »
    I would be happy to ignore the RCC entirely.

Given that the RCC will be actively campaigning to continue discrimination against me and other LGBT people, including the transgender individuals he is accusing of being a threat to humanity, and informed by the same twisted "logic" used here, I don't have that luxury.

So until they decide to stay the hell out of my life, I don't have much choice in the matter.

Can you give us some examples of institutions or organisations you feel do not discriminate against the lgbt community?I'm curious because you seem to have a beef with everybody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

The pope's entitled to his opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

And we're entitled to criticise it..

But it's not just his own personal opinion is it? He's speaking as the representative of God, is he not?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Links234 wrote: »
    But it's not just his own personal opinion is it? He's speaking as the representative of God, is he not?

If you believe so.

If you believe so.

No I don't believe so, but how many Catholics believe so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭j80ezgvc3p92xu

Just when I thought this Pope is going to go "full librul" on me and start praising the homosexual community as the ultimate virtues of humanity he comes out with this. This Pope still got teeth. He will do good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Just when I thought this Pope is going to go "full librul" on me and start praising the homosexual community as the ultimate virtues of humanity he comes out with this. This Pope still got teeth. He will do good things.

How about he start off by selling off all the church's gold, jewels and artwork and give the money to the poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

How about he start off by selling off all the church's gold, jewels and artwork and give the money to the poor?

Not to mention hand over evidence of clerical abuse cover-ups to the relevant authorities, rather than "accidentally losing" them in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

The whole idea that a human can change what God has established on this world with regards his law is complete nonsense. There is a God and there are many clear signs for it, but what the pope says is relatively irrelevant with regards what God wants, the pope is only a human like us !!!! Having said that, I would tend to agree with his stance on this transsexual issue, though he appears to have bowed to external pressure on the gays and this can only lead to mayhem by opening the floodgates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

1123heavy wrote: »
    The whole idea that a human can change what God has established on this world with regards his law is complete nonsense. There is a God and there are many clear signs for it, but what the pope says is relatively irrelevant with regards what God wants, the pope is only a human like us !!!! Having said that, I would tend to agree with his stance on this transsexual issue, though he appears to have bowed to external pressure on the gays and this can only lead to mayhem by opening the floodgates.

You might clarify what he meant then.

Man invented god, not the other way around. "Gods" attitude towards transgendered people is just the attitude of bigots who ascribe it to "god" so as to somehow justify their ridiculous notions.

Man invented god, not the other way around. "Gods" attitude towards transgendered people is just the attitude of bigots who ascribe it to "god" so as to somehow justify their ridiculous notions.

Isn't it strange that God hates the exact same people that bigots hate? ;)

Here we go again, all aboard the atheist bandwagon ...
    You might clarify what he meant then.

The coming about of men wanting ( claiming ?) to be women and vice versa can only signify one thing; destruction and the end of times, much like nuclear weapons ...

I quite enjoy the mental image I have now of Conchita Wurst becoming Power Girl and leaving a trail of dismembered bigots behind her. :pac:

Isn't it strange that God hates the exact same people that bigots hate? ;)

Yeah, it's weird that, go figure! :D

I quite enjoy the mental image I have now of Conchita Wurst becoming Power Girl and leaving a trail of dismembered bigots behind her. :pac:

Please spare us a description of exactly how you enjoy that image.

The coming about of men wanting ( claiming ?) to be women and vice versa can only signify one thing; destruction and the end of times, much like nuclear weapons ...

As per the good book. What do people want?

I quite enjoy the mental image I have now of Conchita Wurst becoming Power Girl and leaving a trail of dismembered bigots behind her.

Some people on here are quite odd. It really does open my eyes as to who is around when I step outside the door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No, we're fairly sure that's not what he meant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement