Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

1123heavy wrote: »
    People on these forums automatically assume that everyone has to like transgenders/transsexual (whatever your having yourself) and if not they are "bigots", "full of hatred", "far-right nutjobs", etc etc. It may come as a surprise to you that not everyone agrees and there are still some people in this country who have morals and don't blindly jump on the bandwagon to support whatever nonsense is thrown at the public.
    You're making it into an issue of morality, the real issue is your ignorance overlapping with your religious views...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    I don't think children (pre-puberty) have the capability or understanding to make such a decision. I'd also question, as would many health professionals, whether the exogenous application of hormones in a crude attempt to fix the perceived problem isn't without significant risks. Especially when there is nothing wrong with the child.

What risks? As I said it is temporary and reversible as necessary. What about the risks to a teenagers mental health of fircing the opposite?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Its funny how the people who go on about morals the most on boards are the last people I would take moral advice from, maybe if I want to complain about a group of people minding their own business Ill ask but definitely not morals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

This thread is going around in circles, I personally think you are all aware of how abhorrent this behavior truly is but like to pretend you think it's right for the sake of sounding non judgmental.

Yep, no hate there....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

What risks? As I said it is temporary and reversible as necessary. What about the risks to a teenagers mental health of fircing the opposite?
    Guess what..growing up is hard for most teenagers. Many feel awkward, clumsy and at odds with their peers, aside from perceived gender issues.

Hormones have important physiological functions, a lot more complex than the simplistic argument that testosterone = male ; estrogen = female.

Hormone replacement therapy does carry risks, most of which (certain cancers) are well known for treatment of post-menopausal women, small but still enough that the benefit/risk has to be taken into account for each patient and monitored carefully.

Stopping a child from progressing through the natural process of puberty, alongside side his or her peers is a more risky venture in my mind.

Finally to reiterate, there is absolutely nothing physically or physiologically wrong with the body of someone who feels they are transgender. Applying treatments (breast implants and/or hormone treatments) that target these as problems does not seem like a logical way to tackle the issues - much of which appear psychological.

• Advertisement

Guess what..(.............) psychological.

Hai Jim. I have no brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

In the UK children from 12 upwards can be given hormone blockers. Once they have gone through relevant diagnoses I dont particularly have a problem with that. Its temporary and reversible.

Don't know if you are aware,but there is cases of children as young as 3yrs old being subjected to the torture of sex change treatment by quacks in London.I use the term quacks as to call them doctors would be inappropriate.
    I do assume though that you respect a parents consent on this matter and concede that they know best for the welfare of there prepubescent child?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Nodin wrote: »
    Hai Jim. Normally only see you in threads about the gay folk. What psychologists struck off the register will you be linking in this thread?
    Huh...really? Didn't know I had such noteworthy views (whatever they are) about the gay folk, well enough to be noticed anyway. Sure you're not confusing me with someone else? I don't think I've ever linked (or even read) any material by psychologists, discredited or otherwise (though not sure which group is worse).

Its funny how the people who go on about morals the most on boards are the last people I would take moral advice from, maybe if I want to complain about a group of people minding their own business Ill ask but definitely not morals.

Hate to break it to you but if we all "minded our own business" this forum would not exist :confused:

Huh...really? Didn't know I had such noteworthy views (whatever they are) about the gay folk, well enough to be noticed anyway. Sure you're not confusing me with someone else? I don't think I've ever linked (or even read) any material by psychologists, discredited or otherwise (though not sure which group is worse).

Sorry, wrong dude. Post edited.

• Advertisement

Nodin wrote: »
    Sorry, wrong dude. Post edited.

I believe that's a case of the Nodin who cried wolf lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

fran17 wrote: »
    Don't know if you are aware,but there is cases of children as young as 3yrs old being subjected to the torture of sex change treatment by quacks in London.

This is utter nonsense fran, someone cannot in the UK get a sex change under the age of 18, and puberty blockers don't get prescribed until the age of puberty (duh). So nobody is giving 3 year olds sex changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Links234 wrote: »
    This is utter nonsense fran, someone cannot in the UK get a sex change under the age of 18, and puberty blockers don't get prescribed until the age of puberty (duh). So nobody is giving 3 year olds sex changes.

I wouldn't give it much longer now with the rate you lot are going at.

Wait, Fran is lying? Well, I never!:D

People should really glance over your posting history. Further shows your amazing amount of ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

People on these forums automatically assume that everyone has to like transgenders/transsexual (whatever your having yourself) and if not they are "bigots", "full of hatred", "far-right nutjobs", etc etc. It may come as a surprise to you that not everyone agrees and there are still some people in this country who have morals and don't blindly jump on the bandwagon to support whatever nonsense is thrown at the public.

Disliking someone because of an aspect of their self which they don't control and which doesn't affect you in the slightest way is pretty bigoted, let alone somehow "moral."
    A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Are you a Christian? If so, can you explain why you refuse to follow the fundamental principle of Christianity?

Nobody said they were giving a 3yr old child a sex change(duh).The very same clinic has seen over 460 children under the age of 18 last year in relation to GID.These Dr.Frankenstein's have had a 3yr old child referred to the clinic for assessment and treatment.
    Now I don't care if your straight,gay or from mars,to engage in such abhorrent practices on a prepubescent child is p1ssing on nature,society and any shred of morality.

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Wait, Fran is lying? Well, I never!:D

People should really glance over your posting history. Further shows your amazing amount of ignorance.

First racism and now lying Bruce.Your a classy guy.

Nobody said they were giving a 3yr old child a sex change(duh).The very same clinic has seen over 460 children under the age of 18 last year in relation to GID.These Dr.Frankenstein's have had a 3yr old child referred to the clinic for assessment and treatment.
    Now I don't care if your straight,gay or from mars,to engage in such abhorrent practices on a prepubescent child is p1ssing on nature,society and any shred of morality.

You said sex change treatment so it was implied . Mind actually producing a link to what you're referring to as it's rather incoherent at this point in time?

I treat people equally and try to understand issues that I have limited experience with so yep pretty classy.

Don't know if you are aware,but there is cases of children as young as 3yrs old being subjected to the torture of sex change treatment by quacks in London.I use the term quacks as to call them doctors would be inappropriate.
    I do assume though that you respect a parents consent on this matter and concede that they know best for the welfare of there prepubescent child?

Have you got links to that? I'm not aware of any doctor operating on a three year old.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Nobody said they were giving a 3yr old child a sex change(duh).
    Your post suggested doctors were carrying out sex change surgery

Terry Pratchet

You said sex change treatment so it was implied . Mind actually producing a link to what you're referring to as it's rather incoherent at this point in time?

I treat people equally and try to understand issues that I have limited experience with so yep pretty classy.

You really are grasping at straws aren't you.

I asked you for a source, it's unclear what you are saying so I'm asking for something to actually read on the subject. Seems fair!

Well if you told us what you were talking about we wouldnt be jumping to conclusions.

Terry Pratchet

I asked you for a source, it's unclear what you are saying so I'm asking for something to actually read on the subject. Seems fair!

Seems fair to me too. I assumed Fran you were talking about sex reassignment surgery on 3 year olds.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

MGMMay2nd wrote: »
    Why is this even noteworthy, he's supposed to believe this sort of crap, just read the bible . He wouldn't be a very good Pope if he didn'the believe in the nonsense in the bible

It's about half an hour to the angelus, boy, you better be getting ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm hoping we can get a trans person to do an AMA on the new forum. If a person born male changes to female but then dates females, are they gay? I think someone on the thread said it earlier, was just wondering. Just curious on that, if it's cool to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Hate to break it to you but if we all "minded our own business" this forum would not exist :confused:

Thankfully most people manage to get by on boards without picking todays minority group to **** on while pretending they have morals or some other such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm hoping we can get a trans person to do an AMA on the new forum. If a person born male changes to female but then dates females, are they gay? I think someone on the thread said it earlier, was just wondering. Just curious on that, if it's cool to ask.

What has this world come to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

As others have said, you quite heavily implied it. As for being refered to a clinic for assessement, that's quite a different thing entirely. Eg, they'd likely be speaking to a psychologist with a background in that field. You know, like if someone was suffering from depression, they might speak to someone who's expertise is in depression. Your way of twisting something and being alarmist about it is quite amazing, have you considered writing for Alive?
    Omackeral wrote: »

Yeah, people keep saying to me to do an AMA, and I may do it if I feel up to it. And I don't mean "if I feel up to it" in a oh well, if I'm bothered kinda way, it's just that these kind of threads can seriously get to me sometimes.

And you're asking if a woman dating a woman is gay? Yeah, they'd be gay ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement