Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options
  • 20-02-2015 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

"Specifically, he compares transgender people to nuclear arms, and says that gender theory does not recognize the order of God’s creation. He goes a step further, saying that God has placed man and woman at the top of creation, saying that this is the design of the creator. He also says that if we do not recognize that order destruction will follow."

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-francis-compares-transgendered-people-to-nuclear-weapons

This guy was being praised from all corners after getting the papacy, turns out it's just a case of same old, same old and another bigot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The mask has certainly slipped on Francis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

That idiot really needs to keep his pie hole closed. And the media really need to stop reporting his crap and start treating him the way they would any other fruitcake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the catholic church is stuck in the middle ages

its a pity so many people are brainwashed into it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,491 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

do some nuclear missile believe they're really conventional weapons?

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

The sooner someone assassinates this guy the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Misleading title. I thought the Pope meant that both transgender people and nuclear weapons were strangely sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

It may help to actually read something about what the man said:
    Gender theory is a broad term for an academic school of thought that considers how people learn to identify themselves sexually and how they may become typed into certain roles based on societal expectations.

Asked in the book about how important it is for Christians to recover a sense of safeguarding of creation and sustainable growth, the pope first speaks of the duty of all people to respect and care for the environment.

But he then says that every historical period has "Herods" that "destroy, that plot designs of death, that disfigure the face of man and woman, destroying creation."

"Let's think of the nuclear arms, of the possibility to annihilate in a few instants a very high number of human beings," he continues. "Let's think also of genetic manipulation, of the manipulation of life, or of the gender theory, that does not recognize the order of creation."

"With this attitude, man commits a new sin, that against God the Creator," the pope says. "The true custody of creation does not have anything to do with the ideologies that consider man like an accident, like a problem to eliminate."

"God has placed man and woman and the summit of creation and has entrusted them with the earth," Francis says. "The design of the Creator is written in nature."

http://ncronline.org/news/vatican/francis-strongly-criticizes-gender-theory-comparing-nuclear-arms

Cutting any philosophical comment down to "OMG he said transgendered people are like nuclear weapons!!!" serves only to obfuscate the issues and to belittle the intelligence of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Ah herrre theres no need for that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Some people are stupid enough to listen to crap from the Catholic Church, I think they believe and some people do as well that if ur not a Catholic ur a nobody, it's the one true religion (not). I believe if in living ur life in a good and decent way, ie, threat people the way u would like to be treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Been saying for ages, Pope Francis peddles the same old bull**** just with better marketing than Ratzinger (who proclaimed that transgender people would lead to the self-destuction of mankind or somesuch nonsense).

Trust me, I'm not going to destroy humanity..

...yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

You jest. But there's one group that would love and may just have a crack at him. If they succeeded, our world would be forever changed. It would be the straw that breaks the camels back. Somewhat literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Ah, that's better. For a while they seemed to be moderating a bit. I like my jerks where I can see them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The comparison with nuclear weapons is equivalent to saying that a homosexual can give you HIV through anal sex as can a 'dirty' needle you use to inject steroids; "andonhandon compares homosexuals to HIV needles".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

He believes what's written in the bible is factual so it's hardly surprising. Religion is bat-**** crazy and people that take a literal interpretation of a book like the bible are not to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Links234 wrote: »
    Been saying for ages, Pope Francis peddles the same old bull**** just with better marketing than Ratzinger (who proclaimed that transgender people would lead to the self-destuction of mankind or somesuch nonsense).

...yet

Quiet you, hell-spawn. :pac:

I'm glad the honeymoon period and all the licking of his arse is over, it was nauseating seeing people fawn over what was little more than PR spin for a new "hip & happening" Pope.

The nuclear weapon title is sensationalist but his message of transgender people, and the attitude of accepting the notion of transgender people, being a form of man creating a new sin against God and his plan is pretty clear....though hardly a new or surprising view.

In regards to gene manipulation, I'm also guessing he's not a fan of GMO's either since those too would be against God's plan...............so I'm guessing he considers diabetics using insulin as sinners?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Links234 wrote: »

...yet

I can totally picture you destroying cities in a Godzilla-esque fashion.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

You jest. But there's one group that would love and may just have a crack at him. If they succeeded, our world would be forever changed. It would be the straw that breaks the camels back. Somewhat literally.

So tell us, who is it? Cause goddamn this would be a daft attempt to shoehorn this in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Quiet you, hell-spawn.

I'm glad the honeymoon period and all the licking of his arse is over, it was nauseating seeing people fawn over what was little more than PR spin for a new "hip & happening" Pope.

The nuclear weapon title is sensationalist but his message of transgender people, and the attitude of accepting the notion of transgender people, being a form of man creating a new sin against God and his plan is pretty clear....though hardly a new or surprising view.

In regards to gene manipulation, I'm also guessing he's not a fan of GMO's either since those too would be against God's plan...............so I'm guessing he considers diabetics using insulin as sinners?
    People of no religion have a problem with GMOs, there are valid reasons for opposing them. Personally I have no moral objections and would like to be able to genetically design my children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

That's a lot of high faluting theological mumbo jumbo that is taken out of context. If you judge him on his actions his is quite progressive, in the article it states he hugged a transsexual person and invitd them to the Vatican.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

Yet another one of these articles from the 'Examiner', which is not the 'Examiner we are used to, but a sensational anti-Catholic publication.

Catallus has already provided plenty of context, but I also googled 'Pope Francis, transgender', and I got this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/30/living/pope-transgender-man/

Has Pope Francis taken another step to push for tolerance in the Catholic Church?

Yes, says Diego Neria Lejarraga, a transgender man who says he had a private audience with the Pope in late January, reportedly a first for the pontiff. Neria was born as a girl in Spain and raised as a devout Catholic.

But after his sex change operation eight years ago, many people scorned him in church in his hometown of Plasencia in western Spain. Neria recalls heated discussions with a parish priest and some others in town. Afterward, he started staying away from Mass.

"I've never lost faith, ever," Neria says. "But the other thing is the rejection."

He wrote to Pope Francis last year, saying his local bishop helped get the letter noticed. Next, according to Neria, came two phone calls from Francis. And then, a discreet audience on a Saturday evening, January 24, at the papal residence, Casa Santa Marta.

"This man loves the whole world," Neria says of Pope Francis. "I think there's not -- in his head, in his way of thinking, discrimination against anyone. I'm speaking about him, not the institution."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

catallus wrote: »
    It may help to actually read something about what the man said:

http://ncronline.org/news/vatican/francis-strongly-criticizes-gender-theory-comparing-nuclear-arms

Cutting any philosophical comment down to "OMG he said transgendered people are like nuclear weapons!!!" serves only to obfuscate the issues and to belittle the intelligence of all.

Correct but welcome to the twitter generation where to critically analyse or to think through issues for more than 5 seconds or 140 characters is neigh on impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Do you look for Muslims under your bed at night?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can totally picture you destroying cities in a Godzilla-esque fashion.

At least it would be a sexy apocalypse ;)

They're only looking for somewhere to over winter, they go back out of the house in the spring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Why is it that humanity so beautiful in it's diversity is always shoehorned into little boxes by what are meant to be our spiritual leaders. I don't follow the Christian faith per se but it's a wonderful thing that a creator created us in it's own image, there's poetry in that.

Why the fcuk then can't it be that we actually are created in it's image? That actually only some of us the conform to a 'norm' are created in it's image. We're either all created in God's image and some man with a funny hat is talking bollocks or it all just bollocks.

EDIT: Sorry the bollocks weren't meant to be puns about anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

They're only looking for somewhere to over winter, they go back out of the house in the spring.

Sure about that now? I thought there was going to be floodgates of them taking over.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Sure about that now? I thought there was going to be floodgates of them taking over.

They don't nest in floodgates, they drown. Like when they get trapped in the bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

The other poster stated that he hopes the pope gets assassinated. There is a credible threat against him and if he catches a bit of lead, the aftermath does not bare thinking.
    Pope Francis is at risk of an assassination attempt by the Islamic extremists of Isil, the Vatican has been warned

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/11098905/Isil-want-to-assassinate-the-Pope-says-Iraqs-ambassador-to-Vatican.html

The other poster stated that he hopes the pope gets assassinated. There is a credible threat against him and if he catches a bit of lead, the aftermath does not bare thinking.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/11098905/Isil-want-to-assassinate-the-Pope-says-Iraqs-ambassador-to-Vatican.html

That's not a "no"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Pope Francis heads up the Vatican Bank. The day he liquidates it and gives the money to the poor is the day I start listening to his tripe. Until then, he's just another twat in a suit. It might be white, but it's a suit none the less.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement