Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis Compares Transgendered People To Nuclear Weapons

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Shame. I've no great time for RCC but I did think that this guy had vision.

I thought they we would eventually end up with a "fudge" acceptable to all (a bit like Greece and Germany) that would see RCC and the secular majority trundle on for a few more years.

Now its doomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

1123heavy wrote: »
    The whole idea that a human can change what God has established on this world with regards his law is complete nonsense.

It's remarkably easy to change, and you know it's frankly astonishing what happens to a person's body when the hormones are switched around. I developed a pretty decent sized pair of breasts ;) There was a transgender woman on TV a while back talking about how she was able to breastfeed and all. You kinda gotta wonder so, that if some big white bearded dude in the sky created humans then he must've added some redundancies incase there was any mix-up or mistake that might happen, or else why would male type folks come with nipples?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Deranged96

I quite enjoy the mental image I have now of Conchita Wurst becoming P ower Girl and leaving a trail of dismembered bigots behind her. :pac:

This got me thinking of the only transsexual worthy of being compared to nuclear weapons:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

why would male type folks come with nipples?

Are you seriously trying to validate transsexuals by saying because both males and females have nipples we're the same :confused::confused::confused:

I have heard some laughable justifications in my time but this takes the cake.

It's vile, nothing short of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Are you seriously trying to validate transsexuals by saying because both males and females have nipples we're the same :confused::confused::confused:

I have heard some laughable examples in my time but this takes the cake.

You ignored the rest of her point, hormone therapy allowing for one to breast feed is significantly different to your selective quoting.

• Advertisement

Artifically inserted hormones or whatever else the maniacs are coming up with today are simply not natural, you are either a man or a woman and you do not change no matter what all these lunatics will tell you. I feel that most transsexuals are so because of going through tough times in their lives which have lead to severe states of confusion which gave way to such thoughts and people managing to convince themselves they are of the opposite sex, absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The nipple thing comes down to genetics. As your man said in "Meet the Fockers" I have nipples can you milk me?

Nipples are formed before sex is determined and lets face it, they are fun to be messed with, male or female. I for one oppose to any taking away of nipples for either sex.

I for one oppose to any taking away of nipples for either sex.

And how exactly do you suppose humans would possess the power to end up "taking away" nipples :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Some people on here are quite odd. It really does open my eyes as to who is around when I step outside the door.
    You're in no danger of meeting the oddities when you step outside the door - that type never leave their sad garrets, just constantly sit in front of their screens constantly looking for something to offend them!

Edit - with apologies for tautology

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Artifically inserted hormones or whatever else the maniacs are coming up with today are simply not natural, you are either a man or a woman and you do not change no matter what all these lunatics will tell you. I feel that most transsexuals are so because of going through tough times in their lives which have lead to severe states of confusion which gave way to such thoughts and people managing to convince themselves they are of the opposite sex, absolute nonsense.

Is sitting on your arse on a computer posting on an internet message board natural? "Not natural" has to be the stupidest, most idiotic argument against something of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Not really had any tough times myself! Pretty standard upbringing I would think! I'd love to see some research to back up your claims!

I have heard some laughable justifications in my time but this takes the cake.

No silly billy, I'm saying that your assertion that humans can't change is just not true. ;)

No, there's an absolute wealth of scientific and medical knowledge on the biological basis of transsexuality, it's recognised as an inborn trait, and the amount of knowledge of it is constantly growing. Trans people are no more in a state of confusion that people who are left-handed. Only the religious kooks and snake-oil salesmen say that it's "confusion".

And your objections to exogenous hormones extend to any woman who's ever on the pill or is having HRT post-menopause or men who are testosterone deficient, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

And how exactly do you suppose humans would possess the power to end up "taking away" nipples :confused:

Genetics. The man said so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Links234 wrote: »
    No silly billy, I'm saying that your assertion that humans can't change is just not true. ;)

No, there's an absolute wealth of scientific and medical knowledge on the biological basis of transsexuality, it's recognised as an inborn trait, and the amount of knowledge of it is constantly growing. Trans people are no more in a state of confusion that people who are left-handed. Only the religious kooks and snake-oil salesmen say that it's "confusion".

And your objections to exogenous hormones extend to any woman who's ever on the pill or is having HRT post-menopause or men who are testosterone deficient, right?

Links, I like you. I'd love to for a beer with you.

Anyway, in simplified terms how should I teach the lad and his cousins about transgender folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Minjor wrote: »
    "Specifically, he compares transgender people to nuclear arms, and says that gender theory does not recognize the order of God’s creation. He goes a step further, saying that God has placed man and woman at the top of creation, saying that this is the design of the creator. He also says that if we do not recognize that order destruction will follow."

http://www.examiner.com/article/pope-francis-compares-transgendered-people-to-nuclear-weapons

This guy was being praised from all corners after getting the papacy, turns out it's just a case of same old, same old and another bigot.

Yep, he believes in god, the bible, catholic orthodoxy and all that.

Who Knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Whooooooooosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭reprise

Yep, he believes in god, the bible, catholic orthodoxy and all that.

Who Knew?

It's positively mind bending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

The mask has certainly slipped on Francis.

Mask? He never claimed to be anything other than a Catholic Pope. The media read too much into his earlier statements to be fair. The man has some qualities that I like and I think he could root out some of the corruption within the Church, but he's still a relic of an older era - with many views incompatible with Modern Values.

You people are off your heads, a man becoming a woman ? sure why not decide you actually want to be a mermaid instead, I'm sure some tree huggers can push it for you under the banner of "equal rights".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

You people are off your heads, a man becoming a woman ? sure why not decide you actually want to be a mermaid instead, I'm sure some tree huggers can push it for you under the banner of "equal rights".

Look, have you met a transgendered person in your life? Well I have, they are perfectly normal like the rest of us. When you meet one like anyone else you meet, you will not hate that person, you will love them for who they are. It counts in real life than from behind a keyboard.

• Advertisement

moxin wrote: »
    Look, have you met a transgendered person in your life? Well I have, they are perfectly normal like the rest of us. When you meet one like anyone else you meet, you will not hate that person, you will love them for who they are. It counts in real life than from behind a keyboard.

Have you ever met an axe wielding murderer ? I hear they're usually quite calm too. To those speaking about this screen and my keyboard, I'm hardly ever on this thing, look how many posts I have to my name, I find it rather ironic that people are trying to pull me up for using an internet forum when they themselves are on it and not only that but they have thousands of posts to their name !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Have you ever met an axe wielding murderer ? I hear they're usually quite calm too. To those speaking about this screen and my keyboard, I'm hardly ever on this thing, look how many posts I have to my name, I find it rather ironic that people are trying to pull me up for using an internet forum when they themselves are on it and not only that but they have thousands of posts to their name !

Axe wielding murderers? What's that got to do with the topic? Transgendered persons are the most gentile persons imaginable, please do not label them as "undesirables"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,884 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Meesared wrote: »
    Not really had any tough times myself! Pretty standard upbringing I would think! I'd love to see some research to back up your claims!

I'm sure his knowledge of LGBT people is entirely composed of what he's heard from those fascists at Youth Defence and Nearly Dead! Alive!

Links, I like you. I'd love to for a beer with you.
    Ah sorry Rob, I've a girlfriend, but thanks ;)
    moxin wrote: »
    Transgendered persons are the most gentile persons imaginable
    No we're not! We're just people, some of us are a bunch of assholes, some are creative types, some are whatever, just like other groups of people you could mention. ;)

I'm sure his knowledge of LGBT people is entirely composed of what he's heard from those fascists at Youth Defence and Nearly Dead! Alive!

They've been taken over by the hippy brigade, nothing proper left in this country.

They've been taken over by the hippy brigade, nothing proper left in this country.

The hell does that even mean, nothing proper left in this country? What on earth is your definition of proper, and where has it gone?

What, do you mean Youth Defence and ultramontanist rags? It must be hard for you, knowing that Putin isn't a Catholic.

Links234 wrote: »
    The hell does that even mean, nothing proper left in this country? What on earth is your definition of proper, and where has it gone?

The so called "rights activists" (the type who'd protest over anything unimportant) who regularly bang on about everyone's right to ruin this country. They have infiltrated all institutions that used to provide the backbone to this country and provide its moral compass, it's all gone !

And don't go off on a tangent and try be funny with the child abuse, it ain't funny !

The so called "rights activists" (the type who'd protest over anything unimportant) who regularly bang on about everyone's right to ruin this country. They have infiltrated all institutions that used to provide the backbone to this country and provide its moral compass, it's all gone !

And don't go off on a tangent and try be funny with the child abuse, it ain't funny !

Of course child abuse isn't funny. Jeez, you sound like an acolyte of far-right nutjobs like Aleksandr Dugin.

• Advertisement

You didn't tell us what was this "Proper" thing that used to be there, but is gone now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement