Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    I've been on those 319's to faro ex Belfast . Make you think twice about booking again. EJ have them as well but the legroom 'seems' better.

Not Ei related: was recently on one of those new Ry 737's. Night flight. Staff were new to the aircraft. Spent lots of time 'playing' with the lighting system. On, dip, 'mood' lighting along the side of the aircraft(blue and pink). Overhead bins were excellent , sort of came down to put bags in and when closed up curved to the ceiling, under seat space was big, aisle was definitely wider, seats were wafer thin but not uncomfortable.

EI no longer have any 319s in their fleet, short haul is all A320/21
    EZY A319s have horrendous seat pitch, EI 319s had 144 seats, EZY have 156 seats on the same aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

The A350s order still stands, does it not? so along with the A330s there are going to be a lot of L/H aircraft in the EI fleet. Will this mean the older A330s will be scrapped/sold on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

roundymac wrote: »
    The A350s order still stands, does it not? so along with the A330s there are going to be a lot of L/H aircraft in the EI fleet. Will this mean the older A330s will be scrapped/sold on?

Depends! First one is due to start production in 2018 its 197 on the production list for Airbus. With the orders for A320 Neo and some of the recent quotes by EI executives, they look less likely bye the day! They could be allocated elsewhere in the IAG fleet.

It would be nice to see EI take at least 2 to replace a few A330 especially on the LA route, and open potential for other routes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

roundymac wrote: »
    As above, currently the A350 is still live. We could see this change in the next 6-10 months. MSN is due for delivery in Q2 2018. EI got allocated 2 A333's that had previously been planned for Iberia (perhaps due IB holding on to A340's longer than planned?)
    The A350 order pre-dates the IAG takeover so now IAG will determine what happens to those aircraft. Time will tell. Personally I think a mixed A321LR/A333/A350 split will be the future. (5/10/4)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

I saw a pic of EI-DVN yesterday and it looked fairly dirty, would EI aircraft get washed every now and then or would it be repainted every so often?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    I saw a pic of EI-DVN yesterday and it looked fairly dirty, would EI aircraft get washed every now and then or would it be repainted every so often?
    All aircraft in narrow body fleet are washed roughly every 6-8 weeks or so in Hangar 6. They will also be repainted as necessary but that takes an aircraft out of service and is costly so wouldn't be carried out frequently.

All aircraft in narrow body fleet are washed roughly every 6-8 weeks or so in Hangar 6. They will also be repainted as necessary but that takes an aircraft out of service and is costly so wouldn't be carried out frequently.

Lintdrummer, you may know this if you have knowledge of such things, I once heard Aer Lingus use NOH2O as part of the cleaning process of their airframes? You know if there is any truth in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Fattes wrote: »

Lintdrummer, you may know this if you have knowledge of such things, I once heard Aer Lingus use NOH2O as part of the cleaning process of their airframes? You know if there is any truth in that?

Narrowbody fleet are scrubbed with detergent and water. A330s I believe are cleaned using some form of waterless system but I'm not 100% sure on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Locker10a wrote: »
    EZY A319s have horrendous seat pitch, EI 319s had 144 seats, EZY have 156 seats on the same aircraft.

Thanks.i have been I on those 319 of EJ and while tight I thought the AL one was tighter. We were at the rear. Personally I prefer the 321. No real reason (and it's often on the Faro run, due home on a 321 shortly)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Narrowbody fleet are scrubbed with detergent and water. A330s I believe are cleaned using some form of waterless system but I'm not 100% sure on that.

330s can cleaned the same but can only be done when they're in A check because there is no downtime on them so the time is very little for such a big aircraft, A320s are specifically sent for cleaning as mentioned above usually the night before they get an A check

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

joeysoap wrote: »
    Locker10a wrote: »

Thanks.i have been I on those 319 of EJ and while tight I thought the AL one was tighter. We were at the rear. Personally I prefer the 321. No real reason (and it's often on the Faro run, due home on a 321 shortly)
    I know the A319s came from Iberia, and this was the reason for the odd cabin, and perhaps difference in seat pitch, although I really can't recall it being worse than the EZY ones! I don't know anything worse than the EZY ones, the last row is probably the worst too, there is no window and the fuselage begins to curve to narrow towards the tail of the plane, and this makes the seats and aisle even narrower than the rest of the cabin!

On the topic of EI's fleet and cabin interior, had anyone been on the new A320 to the fleet? EI-FNJ? What cabin interior does this aircraft have ?

Thanks I suspects it's NoH2o had heard it before appreciate the info

1st A330 due on the 24th of august for delivery

Delivery week scheduled 24th to 31st.it's more than likely arriving the 30th.acceptance flight the 25th.it'll take a good few days after arriving before entering service.

1st A330 due on the 24th of august for delivery
    Assuming the lawyers on the conference call are all happy with the paperwork.........

test flight is scheduled next monday i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Tenger wrote: »
    Assuming the lawyers on the conference call are all happy with the paperwork.........

They won't be waiting until the conference call to get comfortable with the paperwork... ;)

Is this one on an operating lease or finance lease...?

Entry into service is 1st of September (rumour not fact for those that need it Pointed out).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

But odds are EI-EWR will do the first flight to EWR :D

It was down to be FNG but it won't be ready the 1st

• Advertisement

Would hope so,............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-LAX operated the first LAX earlier this year so it's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,868 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I wonder is EI-MIA being lined up for 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,690 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Unless it's tech expect EWR or another 332. When summer 2016 schedules were been planned towards end of last year EWR was always planned for A332 launch.

The A333 will not be a regular operator on the route as things stand bar a short period in October.

Some 752 ops also commence for winter season.

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    I wonder is EI-MIA being lined up for 2017?
    Wishful thinking. EI-EWR was the last of the (handful of) Aer Lingus A330 "airport regs". EI-DAA was the next arrival to the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Phen2206

Following on with the registration-destination theme, as someone said here recently, I wonder if the relatively new addition to the fleet EI-FNJ means we should expect their first Asian destination soon?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Phen2206 wrote: »
    Following on with the registration-destination theme, as someone said here recently, I wonder if the relatively new addition to the fleet EI-FNJ means we should expect their first Asian destination soon?? :P

I believe that FNJ was next in registration sequence. Aer Arann used to purchase in sequence reg's REM, REN, REO, REP this was stopped when a member of EI management was seconded to Stobart for a while. Her reasoning was that it was a waste of money. She has since returned to EI.

Could be the case here.

Does it cost that much to reserve regs with the IAA?
    I always liked the way a lot of airlines did it so that subfleets have similar regs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Prob not much for a large airline but RE were struggling at the time. I actually don't know what the price for an out of sequence reg is.

• Advertisement

There's gonna be mods etc done when FNG arrives on 30/31st to get it ready for 1st.very tight squeeze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement