Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/88461-iag-looks-to-retire-bas-b747s-iberias-a340s?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=linkedin

A330-200s I would assume:-
    Walsh added that "a couple" of A330s operated by Aer Lingus (EI, Dublin Int'l) could also be permanently retired. The Irish carrier operates four A330-200s (17.8 years old on average) and eleven A330-300s (6.5). It owns three -200s and seven -300s, and leases one -200 from Castlelake, two -300s from Nomura Babcock & Brown, and one -300 each from AerCap and Castlelake.

BA I would assume:-
    Finally, the group could also consider retiring around 20 narrowbody aircraft. Walsh did not specify from which carrier they would potentially come.

GM228 wrote: »

BA had previously mentioned considering A319 retirements. I suspect they will now retire all of them. Previously discussed on here their particularly poor economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭john boye

GM228 wrote: »

Iberia A340s would be in line too I'd imagine.

john boye wrote: »
    Iberia A340s would be in line too I'd imagine.

They are mentioned in that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sherology

I wonder will EI cancel (somehow via ALC - assume as they're so late there may be an exit clause) the remaining LRs and hold out for the more capable 'IAG' ordered XLRs? They can then rebuild their TATL routes on their a330-300s (perhaps just the owned ones) and the LRs until 2023.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

The LR's are owned by Air Lease Corporation...they wouldn't be happy with people thinking they are GECAS airframes! God only knows what they will do but I suspect they will stick with the LR order.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sherology

flange888 wrote: »
    The LR's are owned by Air Lease Corporation...they wouldn't be happy with people thinking they are GECAS airframes! God only knows what they will do but I suspect they will stick with the LR order.

Corrected ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

EI9024 to PEK took off using 16 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Dies anyone know if EI have completely suspended DUB-TXL now? They were flying an augmented schedule every second day but now it seems nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Presumably as good as empty other than fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

murphaph wrote: »
    Dies anyone know if EI have completely suspended DUB-TXL now? They were flying an augmented schedule every second day but now it seems nothing.

Ja. For now. I came on last one. 6 people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

They have operated with commercial loads off 16 to the US West Coast, so empty to PEK should be no issue, especially in 20-30kt winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,678 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Looks like next round of cuts for May starting to be made official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Anyone think EI will allow passengers to get vouchers for travel in June? Have flights booked but no intention of travelling at all.

Shn99 wrote: »
    Anyone think EI will allow passengers to get vouchers for travel in June? Have flights booked but no intention of travelling at all.

They will likely extend change deadlines if for example Spain doesn't re-open for business etc.

You will unlikely get a voucher unless they cannot operate the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Shn99 wrote: »
    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    They will likely extend change deadlines if for example Spain doesn't re-open for business etc.

You will unlikely get a voucher unless they cannot operate the flight.

I'm in a similar boat. Just waiting it out and hoping they extend the voucher deadline.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Doubt they have a clue what the situation will be in June.
    2 months from the start of the shutdown across Europe is mid May.
    Remains to be seen if 2 months is long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

mikel97 wrote: »
    Ja. For now. I came on last one. 6 people
    Thanks for that. EI are being pretty sneaky. The flight is obviously going to be cancelled tomorrow but they still haven't sent me an email to this effect. They would quite happily let me drag my whole family to the airport to find out it isn't going.

Thanks for that. EI are being pretty sneaky. The flight is obviously going to be cancelled tomorrow but they still haven't sent me an email to this effect. They would quite happily let me drag my whole family to the airport to find out it isn't going.

That's how I am feeling about my flight to Glasgow on Friday week. And it's what happened to me about a flight to AMS on Friday March 13th when this all kicked off.

But still I wait to send off for the inevitable refund that will ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

A flight to EDI had pushed back in DUB before going back onto stand and eventually being cancelled, they had waited until check in for the return flight closed in EDI (no one had checked in for either flight out or back, but cancellation after check in closes generally means no refunds)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

A flight to EDI had pushed back in DUB before going back onto stand and eventually being cancelled, they had waited until check in for the return flight closed in EDI (no one had checked in for either flight out or back, but cancellation after check in closes generally means no refunds)

I assume you have a date and flight number.
    Date alone would be OK as we can check the departures info and/or flight radar to get the playback.

Checkin closes I think 1 hour before STD.

Otherwise that's just a story............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

40 minutes...

No point flying if there is no one onboard and if no one checks in on the far side, why burn the fuel?

If you fail to check in there is no refund, option of a voucher was provided

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

I also know of a different flight that was cancelled during the boarding process. No one showed up for the outbound flight. The gate staff had to tell the flight crew who were on the aircraft.

I’m not going to give a date and flight number as that would allow the airline know the crew members who told me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Tenger wrote: »
    I assume you have a date and flight number.
    Date alone would be OK as we can check the departures info and/or flight radar to get the playback.

Checkin closes I think 1 hour before STD.

Otherwise that's just a story............

It was Sunday's EI252.

40 minutes...

No point flying if there is no one onboard and if no one checks in on the far side, why burn the fuel?

If you fail to check in there is no refund, option of a voucher was provided

Apt username is apt. :)

---

It still is a bit cheeky when they know full well that no one is going to turn up for the flight, even hours out from it. But good to know for myself for next week and I will bear it in mind.

Aer Lingus are lucky to have gotten away with there sly and unacceptable handing of refunds/cancellations. They have destroyed what most would describe as good working relationship between Aer Lingus and Irish travel agents over this.

The PEK flights PR as well as media distraction has helped...

Ryanair are the only airline looking after customers for refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Any insight into May yet everything still seems to be loaded. Ryanair have cancelled up to the 8th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭OU812

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus are lucky to have gotten away with there sly and unacceptable handing of refunds/cancellations. They have destroyed what most would describe as good working relationship between Aer Lingus and Irish travel agents over this.

*their

They really haven't "destroyed" anything. The majority of people were more than happy to receive their voucher (+10%). Some were upset, but if they pushed, they got a refund.

Personally, I think their handling of the situation showed innovation & business smarts.

That's how I am feeling about my flight to Glasgow on Friday week. And it's what happened to me about a flight to AMS on Friday March 13th when this all kicked off.

But still I wait to send off for the inevitable refund that will ensue.

Flight cancelled officially now. So claiming the cash refund naturally.

• Advertisement

OU812 wrote: »
    *their

They really haven't "destroyed" anything. The majority of people were more than happy to receive their voucher (+10%). Some were upset, but if they pushed, they got a refund.

Personally, I think their handling of the situation showed innovation & business smarts.

Majority happy yes, personally I would accepted the voucher but they caused a lot of trouble for travel agents when it shouldn't have happened.

The handing of the situation was them just copying other airlines...nothing innovative from Shamrock house at all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement