Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

What a let down this is. Honestly I don't think there's a more overhyped singer out there at the moment. For croke park I was really hoping for a world famous band maybe someone like Coldplay, not bloody ed sheeran and his depressing music

Ed Sheeran depressing.. But Coldplay aren't?

He's certainly a better live act that coldplay.. He'll alsosell out Croke Park in a heartbeat.. Coldplay would struggle big time for that many.. Throw them.in the Aviva.. Or a volcano..

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran depressing.. But Coldplay aren't?

He's certainly a better live act that coldplay.. He'll alsosell out Croke Park in a heartbeat.. Coldplay would struggle big time for that many.. Throw them.in the Aviva.. Or a volcano..

And Ed Sheeran should stick to his indoor arenas with all his little fan girls.

Maybe not Coldplay but I was certainly hoping for someone better than ed sheeran

World famous band ? They'd be told to fcuk off.

Can't say I'm not surprised.

Okay, seriously?!.please, please get over the Garth thing.. Its his own fault, he pushed it too far and was, rightly,.told To feck himself and you just look sad/pathetic now..

Ed Sheeran is a solo artist like Garth, hes a very goodlive performer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Coldplay would most certainly sell croker and are pretty cracking live. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure though.

And Ed Sheeran should stick to his indoor arenas with all his little fan girls.

Maybe not Coldplay but I was certainly hoping for someone better than ed sheeran

Sold out 3 nights in wembley(or 4).. Certainly out grown arenas anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Sold out 3 nights in wembley(or 4).. Certainly out grown arenas anyway!

Yeah, in that country with a population of over 50 million

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Bit surprised at the date considering Wembley was supposed to be the epic finale to this tour, but fair dues to the lad, he's clearly a hard worker and he does have some good songs. Even if he's not everyone's cup of tea he's earned this shot.

I'd be tempted to go just to see how he translates some of his stuff to a large stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Love the "he's awful, bring back real music like Chuck Berry, it was better in my day" responses to every gig announcement on boards.

World famous band ? They'd be told to fcuk off.

Can't say I'm not surprised.

No world famous band has ever been told to "**** off" by cp.

Garth Brooks is neither of those things.

Well he's gonna sell out croker (and maybe a second night) in a country of 5 million.

• Advertisement

Because sure everyone who Plays there sells that many dates out.. Its not an achievement in the slightest.. Sure any old fool could do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

any prices for tickets yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

any prices for tickets yet?

€69.45 on sale 26th apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

€69.45 on sale 26th apparently.

If don't hate Ed Sheerin, but that is an outrageous price for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That's one chunk of change for a man and his guitar! :pac:

But he is the nations darling after The Toy Show, so it's not a big surprise.

Mushy wrote: »
    If don't hate Ed Sheerin, but that is an outrageous price for him.

It was always gonna be that price though, one of the downsides of stadium gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Yeah crap price but stadium ticket price has gone through the roof last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Tickets are priced between €69.45 and €80.00 plus the usual fees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

This announcement is the most leaked and underwhelming in a long time.
    The thing that shocks me is that people are questioning if he can sell out Croke Park? Are peoples memories so short that they forgot the script have sold out Croke Park?
    For me it also poses a lot of questions about his real reasons for choosing Whelan's for the storytellers session.
    Damian Rice me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

For me it also poses a lot of questions about his real reasons for choosing Whelan's for the storytellers session.
    Damian Rice me hole.
    such as?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Fm 104 strawberry alarm cock hosts have been suspended for leaking before the embargo of 8:55

Absoulte shocking stuff

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

This announcement is the most leaked and underwhelming in a long time.
    The thing that shocks me is that people are questioning if he can sell out Croke Park? Are peoples memories so short that they forgot the script have sold out Croke Park?
    Damian Rice me hole.

He has always said that the gig in in Whelans when he seen Damien Rice made him pick up the guitar. Plus he has been know to pop up in dublin every so often (eg the Ruby Sessions last year), He seems to always have a good relationship with Ireland

such as?

Such as creating mass hysteria by doing a gig in a 400 capacity venue which lead to phenomenal free media coverage which made even the least clued in people of the country to come to the conclusion that "this Ed Sheeran fella must be handy if everyone wants to see him" .
    Don't get me wrong it's genius from Ed but how other people haven't noticed is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Called it :D.

Its not that I don't like Ed Sheeran but I don't think stadiums are suited to the folky singer-songwriter genre. Granted his last album was moving towards a more Justin Timberlake-type sound but overall I'd fit Ed in the same category as someone like Damien Rice.

No doubt he'll sell it, the guy's massive at the moment, hard to listen to a mainstream station without a tune of his coming up at least once.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Such as creating mass hysteria by doing a gig in a 400 capacity venue which lead to phenomenal free media coverage which made even the least clued in people of the country to come to the conclusion that "this Ed Sheeran fella must be handy if everyone wants to see him" .
    Don't get me wrong it's genius from Ed but how other people haven't noticed is beyond me.

I noticed it too but no one believed me, just like no one believed me when I said Ed Sheeran came up with the idea to fake the moon landing and he was indeed the one on the grassy knoll when JFK got shot.

Loughc wrote: »
    I noticed it too but no one believed me, just like no one believed me when I said Ed Sheeran came up with the idea to fake the moon landing and he was indeed the one on the grassy knoll when JFK got shot.

Don't be ridiculous Ed is only 24.

Don't be ridiculous Ed is only 24.

That's what he wants you to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jaysus. I have nothing against Ed, he's a talented lad and has a few good tunes along with some really annoying ones. But one small ginger man and his small guitar playing to ~82,000 people in a massive stadium? He doesn't seem like he'd be a good stadium act to me. I wouldn't pay to see him but if I did id much rather it was in 02 or somewhere small and indoor. Well fair play to him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Why do people think that just because he's a solo act with a guitar that he couldn't possibly perform well in a stadium?

I went to Michael Buble (again, I know not everyone's cup of tea) in the Aviva a few years back and he was bloody brilliant, and people were saying the same thing about him at the time also - he'd be much better in a more intimate venue etc etc.

Give the guy a chance! I'd say he'll put on a great show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'm sure one of the most popular acts in the world who recently did 4 nights in the O2 and another in the Odyssey to 70k+ people really needed that publicity...

Advertisement