Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I really didn't expect Ed Sheeran at all with his full schedule up until his Wembley gigs. Croke was free the week after on the 17th, 18th and 19th of July but I think they would be pushing it for time with taking down his stage in Wembley and shipping it over and setting it up here.

And then there's a match on July 25th in Croke Park. Guess that's out of the question.

Que my lover boy to follow and post after me and tell me how bitter I am (hynesie08).

The match on the 25th wont actually be in Croke Park...

Its round 4 of the football qualifiers.. It'll be somewhere around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

And then there's a match on July 25th in Croke Park. Guess that's out of the question.
    No there's not, hurling QF weekend - in Thurlas. Loads of time for a second gig if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭bren2001

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The match on the 25th wont actually be in Croke Park...

Its round 4 of the football qualifiers.. It'll be somewhere around the country.

Usually held in Croke Park. Its the Leinster side of the draw. Most likely will be moved outside of Croker. Shame really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

EyesClosed, you're all in bed together, yourself, hynesie08, John_Rambo.

Lay off me, so what I'm a fan of Garth Brooks, so what, I hoped that just maybe it could have been him. ... But between you three, no GB fan was allowed to darken the doorstep of Croke Park.

Never mind about, the Bruce Springsteen fans, or any other fans, I'm sure they would feel the exact same way if they had concerts cancelled.

Lay off me. And perhaps start on the Ed Sheeran fans now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

EyesClosed, you're all in bed together, yourself, hynesie08, John_Rambo.

Lay off me, so what I'm a fan of Garth Brooks, so what, I hoped that just maybe it could have been him. ... But between you three, no GB fan was allowed to darken the doorstep of Croke Park.

Never mind about, the Bruce Springsteen fans, or any other fans, I'm sure they would feel the exact same way if they had concerts cancelled.

Lay off me. And perhaps start on the Ed Sheeran fans now.

I don't mind Mr. Sheeran fair play to the lad.
    I am a huge Springsteen fan, and even had a ticket to Garth.
    I just realise its a music show and that at the end of the day it's not a big deal.
    I can only speak for myself but I imagine the others are sick of you mentioning garth in every thread and every post, and sick of you calling all of the residents (some of which are my friends) horrible people.
    GET OVER IT

• Advertisement

So EyesClosed, what you're basically saying, you were never in the gigs and events section being interested in any upcoming concerts?

Last year was last year, this year is this year. Just no GB fan was allowed to mention their interest hoping it may be him. God help them if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

So EyesClosed, what you're basically saying, you were never in the gigs and events section being interested in any upcoming concerts?

Last year was last year, this year is this year. Just no GB fan was allowed to mention their interest hoping it may be him. God help them if they do.

No what I am saying is that it is all you ever talk about in every thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭hynesie08

You have no interest in this forum, all you do is drag threads of topic. You knew from day 1 it wasn't Garth, but yet you still had to get digs in at the residents and at one point referred to ed sheeran as a ginger ****. I'll help you, Garth will not play here this year, he will not play croker next year and he's not popular enough to do a full European tour.
    Ok.
    See ya in 2017 since you don't like any other music you'll have no reason to post here, the rest of us will talk about gigs.

Yes lover boy

You'll follow me to after hours now

Yes lover boy

You'll follow me to after hours now
    Bye now.

Oh, and if you're gonna try and log into my account again, just pm me, I'll give ya the password.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,860 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

That has to be a joke. A red head supporting another red head.

What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

According to the ticketmaster listing page (http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ed-sheeran-dublin-07-24-2015/event/18004E52BC7828E3?artistid=1560779&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1) tickets are limited to 9 per transaction, what a joke

Pandiani wrote: »
    According to the ticketmaster listing page (http://www.ticketmaster.ie/ed-sheeran-dublin-07-24-2015/event/18004E52BC7828E3?artistid=1560779&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1) tickets are limited to 9 per transaction, what a joke
    I can kind of understand it for gigs like this, obviously the tout issue exists, but your gonna have large groups going together especially with his younger fanbase, now when it's a 9 ticket limit for a gig in vicar st, THATS ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I can kind of understand it for gigs like this, obviously the tout issue exists, but your gonna have large groups going together especially with his younger fanbase, now when it's a 9 ticket limit for a gig in vicar st, THATS ridiculous.

Plus it solves the seating issue by attempting to place everyone together.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seems to be doing alright with just a guitar and 80,000 people last year ha

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

DC10555 wrote: »
    Anyone know whats the story with the Fan Club pre sale? Is that the mailing list on his website or is there some other club?
    I was wondering this too..can't find any information on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    I was wondering this too..can't find any information on it..

I signed up and got an email for the Wembley pre-sale so I presume we will get an email closer to the day for the Croke Park gig, Also I'm mind blown that he's sold out two Wembley gigs (90K) and a 3rd is on sale! I guess I've underestimated the popularity of Ed! :eek:

DC10555 wrote: »
    I signed up and got an email for the Wembley pre-sale so I presume we will get an email closer to the day for the Croke Park gig, Also I'm mind blown that he's sold out two Wembley gigs (90K) and a 3rd is on sale! I guess I've underestimated the popularity of Ed! :eek:
    Yes I got that email as well! Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday morning they will send out an email about it! Me too, I know he is very popular but I didn't expect him to be playing stadiums on this tour. Going on what he said on the red carpet at the grammys, he will be playing stadiums in other countries too. Fair play to him, its not easy to sell out stadiums! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Where did you sign up?

What are the chances of a Saturday gig? Would rather go on a Saturday but afraid to wait in case he doesn't announce a Saturday gig and then tickets are gone for the Friday gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

well he said this morning on TodayFM that depending on how the first one sells, they may add a 2nd one.
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0224/682426-ed-sheeran-hints-at-more-croke-park-gigs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

There will undoubtedly be a second and possibly a third. This could be the fastest sellout in Ireland ever. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all sold in under 30 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

thelad95 wrote: »
    There will undoubtedly be a second and possibly a third. This could be the fastest sellout in Ireland ever. Wouldn't be surprised if they were all sold in under 30 seconds

The residents will have to take a timeout from the water charges to go rasher about that if it happens surely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭bren2001

There won't be a third. 2 will be it. Saturday will happen if Friday sells.

It would have to defy several laws of time and space to sell out in under 30 seconds, it'll be 30-45 minutes, second gig announced to go on sale immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    Yes I got that email as well! Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday morning they will send out an email about it! Me too, I know he is very popular but I didn't expect him to be playing stadiums on this tour. Going on what he said on the red carpet at the grammys, he will be playing stadiums in other countries too. Fair play to him, its not easy to sell out stadiums! :)

It says on Ticketmaster that presale starts in 19hours! anyone any info on this?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Where did you sign up?

What are the chances of a Saturday gig? Would rather go on a Saturday but afraid to wait in case he doesn't announce a Saturday gig and then tickets are gone for the Friday gig.

I signed up to his mailing list on the front page of his website. I haven't got any email yet about tomorrow's presale.

I think if Friday sells quickly, which I expect it to, then there will be another gig on the Saturday. The only bit of advice I can give is if you are searching for tickets for the Friday keep a phone or tablet with you and use it to check back on ticketmasters website as often a second date will just go on sale and ticketmaster mightn't announce it immediately.

Tuhula wrote: »
    It says on Ticketmaster that presale starts in 19hours! anyone any info on this?

I haven't got any email about it yet. It could be tonight or maybe tomorrow morning before they email about it. Have you signed up to his mailing list? Also tickets are limited to maximum of 4 on the pre sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

I haven't been able to sign up for anything all week. Does anyone have a link for the presale where you sign up? Or the presale code would be amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Just got presale link email so anyone on here thats signed up go check your mail :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

fifi28 wrote: »
    Just got presale link email so anyone on here thats signed up go check your mail :)

Hey I'm trying to get tickets tomorrow morning as it is the other half's birthday Thursday and want to have them for tomorrow night when we're going out to celebrate. Can you pm me the link please. Genuine fans!!!

Advertisement