Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ed Sheeran - Croke Park - July 24th

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

K4t wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion but I imagine most music fans and music lovers would disagree strongly with your assertions. He is extraordinarily/exceptionally successful however, no doubting that.

"Most music fans and music lovers would disagree strongly with your assertions".

Oh my! You must be right so. Thank you for putting me straight on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Kettleson wrote: »
    "Most music fans and music lovers would disagree strongly with your assertions".

Oh my! You must be right so. Thank you for putting me straight on that.
    No problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I think he's fairly bland.

Got offered free premium tickets. Took a pass, let them go to a true fan.

I'm actually a nicer guy than Ed.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I think he's fairly bland.

Got offered free premium tickets. Took a pass, let them go to a true fan.

I'm actually a nicer guy than Ed.

A nice guy? Do you play average guitar and sing OK? You could be very rich and famous. You should give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭flasher0030

A nice guy? Do you play average guitar and sing OK? You could be very rich and famous. You should give it a go.

Ah, the begrudgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,309 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Corholio wrote: »
    He seems a pretty decent guy and a pretty good pop singer who can write catchy songs but lets not get a bit too overboard with the extraordinary talented stuff. I think he's dumbed down his music a lot from his pre-fame stuff really. I could never imagine him doing stuff like 'Sing' a few years ago but fair play if he's figured out that's what sells. Plenty of so called 'flash in the pan' artists also work very hard and do loads of gigs to get to that position, just because they don't last doesn't always mean they were manufactured.

A-team just randomly came on the radio here for me and I totally agree with this. I actually used to be a fan of Ed Sheeran alright (well I still kinda am, but I don't actively seek everything he does and have to become obsessed with it just because of who he is), but I went on the Friday and was impressed with the show he put on, and how he did it. Guitar & loop pedal and him and he had a good show in fairness.

I actually found Ed Sheeran before he got signed ( I know! :rolleyes: ) but Example was playing in the Queens, Ennis (this is crica 2009-2010 and before he had played Oxegen etc) and I went to see him. The gig was small enough to go talk to him for a few minutes and he said to look up his friend Ed Sheeran and I did. The song was A-team and I loved it. Put it on facebook to share to the world and with the caption 'can't believe he is not signed yet'. A lot of the comments were negative saying he was **** etc. He got very popular a year later and re-commented on my link to bring it back into the newsfeed. there was some egg on faces on people as they were now super-fans! :pac:

I would like Ed Sheeran more if there wasn't the stigma of his fans that you have to be obsessed with everything he does, not matter how good or bad.

Ah, the begrudgery.

Have you read this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

I went along on the Saturday night with my other half. I'm by no means an Ed Sheeran fan, but it was a fantastic show which I thoroughly enjoyed. The only downer was having a pint of Carlsberg spilled over me half an hour in by a girl behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Have you read this thread?

Sorry, didn't mean to direct that at you. Just those who write him off as bland, having just occasionally heard him on radio, tv etc.

I bought his albums last year, not expecting much. But they do grow on you over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

markc1184 wrote: »
    I went along on the Saturday night with my other half. I'm by no means an Ed Sheeran fan, but it was a fantastic show which I thoroughly enjoyed. The only downer was having a pint of Carlsberg spilled over me half an hour in by a girl behind me.

I got one spilled down the back of my jeans while in the Q to get on to the pitch :( you weren't allowed to bring your drinks out but you could bring them as far as the stewards.
    other than that it was a great night :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Just wondering how were concerts?...had a cousin go see him in London and she said there were a lot of teenyboppers there screaming their little lungs off...which left it difficult to hear the sound!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Yes I agree with all that, apart from the descriptor "dumded down".

In my opinion, he is an extraordinary/exceptional talent.

Have you listened to the stuff he did pre-fame?

It was very different, his releases now are certainly dumbed down, which is fine itself, but let's not pretend otherwise. He's a pop singer, his lyrics are ok but hardly mind blowing at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Ed Sheeran, Bell x 1, Jamie Lawson, Gavin James
    Croke Park
    Dublin, Ireland
    July 24-25, 2015
    $11,590,800
    162,208 / 162,208
    2 / 2
    $81.14, $70.18
    Aiken Promotions

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

Just wondering how were concerts?...had a cousin go see him in London and she said there were a lot of teenyboppers there screaming their little lungs off...which left it difficult to hear the sound!:)
    I really enjoyed the concert! I was standing so there was no u14's allowed on the pitch so there wasn't as much screaming, i don't know about in the stands..sound where I was was great could hear all the songs clearly.

Advertisement