Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Now that malarkey is outta the way, if any of you keyboard warriors want to put yer own balls of titlest on the line, why not join the rest of us @ Tullamore golf club on the 25th :#

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ridiculously superb performance from Speith. His putting was on a different level altogether.

Hope himself and rory have some big battles ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Congrats Jordan Speith!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Isnt it great to see the few other pros out there to congratulate Spieth on his win? Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Que ? He had a big score one round last year ?

He had a 77 in the second round last year.

It's McIlroys first Masters without an over par round:
    14: 77
    13: 79
    12: 76, 77
    11: 80
    10: 74, 77
    09: 73

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Basically because he is a genuinely nice lad. Humble and carries himself with a bit of class.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

So he has a lifetime exemption, if he keeps coming back until he's 75 it will be 2070 :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good win for him, never looked in danger.

He needs to stop worrying about his lack of hair though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

anto77 wrote: »
    So he has a lifetime exemption, if he keeps coming back until he's 75 it will be 2070 :eek::eek::eek:

I hope we're all still here to see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Unbelievable achievement, fair play to him. Some of the best golf Ive ever seen. To lead from the front in Augusta for four days is sensational.

Seems a very humble chap as well. Just what America needed in terms of the next generation of golfers.

• Advertisement

Rikand wrote: »
    I hope we're all still here to see it :D

Il be happy to see 2016 :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seve OB wrote: »
    Spot on. I heard a report other day he had 9 on the trot. Maybe it was major rounds.... Not masters rounds. My hearing ain't the best at times:D

Mostly right it is 12 in a row all majors, not bad going either way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Never doubted Spieth - great player .....at 21! Some display and some nerve!

marco_polo wrote: »
    Mostly right it is 12 in a row all majors, not bad going either way

So is that a record?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Never doubted Spieth - great player .....at 21! Some display and some nerve!

It doubted him after round 1, 2 and 3 ,,,, now I know how judas felt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I've never been so confident about a golfer before a tournament and I put my money where my mouth was. He didn't let me down! What a truly magnificent performance that was. People could look at his score and think he went conservative with 70 70 following 64 66 but he never stopped trying to create birdie chances, a really enjoyable performance to watch. Delighted for him. Could be a few interesting battles between himself and Rory to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jesus, are they killing turkeys in Butler Cabin?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,377 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What price was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

CAN. NOT. STAND. BILLY. PAYNE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Its a fabulous achievement.

• Advertisement

Now that malarkey is outta the way, if any of you keyboard warriors want to put yer own balls of titlest on the line, why not join the rest of us @ Tullamore golf club on the 25th :#

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Na........ I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

So is that a record?

Tiger must have been pretty close to all under par rounds during the tiger slam considering he had all double digit under scores.

Just guessing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,746 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Really like the new Masters champion, a great talent and a future world number one if he keeps it up.
    He comes across well too, the people at Augusta will be happy with their new champion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Oh please just start already! Spieth is my pick for the week, would like to see Rory do the business though. Dream scenario of course would be Harrington bagging his fourth major.

Boom!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

Na........ I didn't think so. :rolleyes:

There's no point, I'm gonna do a Spieth and you'll all be playing for second place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

charlieIRL wrote:
    There's no point, I'm gonna do a Spieth and you'll all be playing for second place!!!

Getting membership and all for the course to get in as much practise as possible...I call that cheating :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Well done Jordan speith, I do think the course was an easier setup than other years , I mean tiger mentioned it at least twice in the interviews.

Has this lad every played the open championship. Going to be an interesting open this year back at St Andrew's.

efb wrote: »
    Boom!

Haha good man! I think it's rare a quote of mine can actually make me look intelligent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

irishgeo wrote: »
    I do think the course was an easier setup than other years , I mean tiger mentioned it at least twice in the interviews

Tiger thought his -18 record was gonna get blown away....a tad bitter methinks!

• Advertisement

Around 1:20, goal achieved Jordan!

Advertisement