Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

66 by Rory equals the best round of the day yet it seems a bit disappointing as he could have shot 63.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

At last he made a putt. An effortless 66. Could and should have been 3 or 4 shots less. Had plenty of chances.
    Still his best masters performance and there is no doubt he will win a green jacket at some stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Nice putt to grab sole 4th shame Rory could not do that a few more times this weekend, solid weekends work none the less.

Well done to Woods. He did well but needs to sort out his driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    with -15 rose would of won 73 of the last 78 masters.. sickening for him haha

I wouldn't read to much into that and here comes another slating for me, so let me be LOUD and clear..... I'm not trying to take anything away from Speith here

We have all heard each and every pro say how different the course has been set up this week and seen how easier it has been in so far as balls holding up when they would usually be in the water and greens not nearly as fast as usual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    The bald head on Tiger.

touch of class from you there....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wouldn't rule Tiger out of the Open after this performance. Needs to fine tune his driving and putting though. Only thing holding him back was the lack of play heading into this weekend. Always brilliant for the sport to see him doing well, no matter what anyone else will say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    touch of class from you there....

The majors brings them all out of the woodwork!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Seve OB wrote: »
    I wouldn't read to much into that and here comes another slating for me, so let me be LOUD and clear..... I'm not trying to take anything away from Speith here

We have all heard each and every pro say how different the course has been set up this week and seen how easier it has been in so far as balls holding up when they would usually be in the water and greens not nearly as fast as usual

There's absolutely no comparison between Spieth shooting -19 (or whatever) and Woods' -18 in 1997!

Second place that year was -6, 12 shots distant, whereas this year there's nearly 20 people on that mark or shorter...

No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I'm spiethless at this display.

• Advertisement

I believe that's 12 under par rounds on the bounce at the masters for Rory.

Is that a record?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

It's late but less of the throw away comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Ha... Tiger just said to the media that a joint came out of place when he hit the root... but it was ok because he put it back in place! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Amasing performance by spieth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

We have also heard that the course has never played longer and that the Pros have never been as impressed with a performance (via Casey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Is that a record?

Que ? He had a big score one round last year ?

He had a 77 in the second round last year.

Is that a record?

Yip.
    Record = No Master yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Panrich

There's absolutely no comparison between Spieth shooting -19 (or whatever) and Woods' -18 in 1997!

Second place that year was -6, 12 shots distant, whereas this year there's nearly 20 people on that mark or shorter...

No comparison.

+1

The course was set up too easy this week. i didn't see any ball rolling off the front of 9 or into the water at 15.
    Maybe Speith would still have scored well but he would not have been -19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Tiger also said in his post round interview that he isn't going to be playing for "a while". Baffles me... surely he is ready for competitive golf and that is what he needs before the next big events come up.

stockdam wrote: »
    Well done to Woods. He did well but needs to sort out his driving.

In fairness, his driving was never that good. It was always about how he recovered and made inhuman birdies from forests!

PARlance wrote: »
    Yip.
    Record = No major yet

No major????

• Advertisement

No major????

No Masters... There was a TV camera in my way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Fantastic, and utterly, deserved reception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

He shot a 77 last year.

Well done to Spieth........deserved.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Oops -200k missed putt from Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

They think it's all over....

....It is now....

Congrats JS, a very worthy champion.

Que ? He had a big score one round last year ?

He had a 77 in the second round last year.

Spot on. I heard a report other day he had 9 on the trot. Maybe it was major rounds.... Not masters rounds. My hearing ain't the best at times:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Delighted for Spieth, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Caddy bringing the whole flagstick with him :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Caddy bringing the whole flagstick with him :)

would you ask him for it back?? hes a big dude.

Advertisement