Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2015 **MOD warning in OP**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 droped

Haha good man! I think it's rare a quote of mine can actually make me look intelligent!

Hardly deserves a boom! He was second favourite before it started. Not some come from behind never heard of journeyman weekend hacker who got into the masters by accident because he got the wrong directions to his local singles stableford round. If you predicted that, a boom would be well deserved sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    There's no point, I'm gonna do a Spieth and you'll all be playing for second place!!!

Yea, we will all just let you win :D

droped wrote: »
    Hardly deserves a boom! He was second favourite before it started. Not some come from behind never heard of journeyman weekend hacker who got into the masters by accident because he got the wrong directions to his local singles stableford round. If you predicted that, a boom would be well deserved sir.

Really? That's your first contribution ever on boards?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Really? That's your first contribution ever on boards?

Wanted to open up with a boom! Seemed appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Wanted to open up with a boom! Seemed appropriate.

Guessing you bought a laptop with your confirmation money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,072 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What a fantastic 4 rounds of Golf by Speith. Unreal.

This kid is going to give Rory few sleepless nights.

Wanted to open up with a boom bomb! Seemed appropriate.

FYP :)

Guessing you bought a laptop with your confirmation money?

Nah! Did him a thanks though. It deserved that.

Nah! Did him a thanks though. It deserved that.

Much sense, many coherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fair play to Paul Casey, we can claim some slim bit of credit with the fact the winning the Irish Open has seemed to kickstart his career again.

Spieth is the closest thing to Tiger I've seen, mainly in terms of his mental game and putting. Earlry days for him and there'll never be another Tiger but I think he's the real deal. Golf needs a rivalry or two. A focused Dustin, Rory & Spieth going at it would be great.

Great to see Phil up there. Wouldn't rule him out of becoming the oldest Masters winner yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I had Harrington backed at the Honda, thats kinda boom worthy based on your criteria :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

kiers47 wrote: »
    Tiger must have been pretty close to all under par rounds during the tiger slam considering he had all double digit under scores.

Just guessing though.

Drat, my 'golf records' book ends in '99 so can't answer that.

Anyone else find themselves slowly and begrudgingly accepting they were witnessing a masterclass as the chasing pack ran out of time? It was an incredible victory but it never really felt like one. Dominance needs to be more exuberant for it to replace the excitement of genuine competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Drat, my 'golf records' book ends in '99 so can't answer that.

Never mind, found another one.

Woods had 18 consecutive sub-par rounds from the 3rd in the 2000 Masters to the 1st in the 2001 US Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭abff

Never mind, found another one.

Woods had 18 consecutive sub-par rounds from the 3rd in the 2000 Masters to the 1st in the 2001 US Open.

Would that not be 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Are people really saying the course was too easy?

Was it easier for spreith only somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

ForeRight wrote: »
    Are people really saying the course was too easy?

Was it easier for spreith only somehow?

I certainly wouldn't say too easy but the greens were more receptive than usual, were slower and the grass on the banks seemed to be longer. A number of balls seemed to stay up when normally the would have rolled down a bank into water. 15 being the main example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I certainly wouldn't say too easy but the greens were more receptive than usual, were slower and the grass on the banks seemed to be longer. A number of balls seemed to stay up when normally the would have rolled down a bank into water. 15 being the main example.

Speith is the best putter in that field so if anything harder greens would have had him further ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Anyone else find themselves slowly and begrudgingly accepting they were witnessing a masterclass as the chasing pack ran out of time? It was an incredible victory but it never really felt like one. Dominance needs to be more exuberant for it to replace the excitement of genuine competition.

Spot on - apart from the slowly and begrudgingly bit (and the bit about the chasing pack running out of time.)

As for exuberance - what do you want - a lap of honour or a snarl and fist pump after every putt holed? It is golf, not the WWF.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Great stuff by Spieth, just seems like a decent, solid guy.
    I know most golfers look different with their caps off but man Spieth gets older looking, that receding hairline will have him looking Arnold Palmer-esque by 2020! Hopefully with some of his trophy cabinet too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

razorblunt wrote: »
    Great stuff by Spieth, just seems like a decent, solid guy.
    I know most golfers look different with their caps off but man Spieth gets older looking, that receding hairline will have him looking Arnold Palmer-esque by 2020! Hopefully with some of his trophy cabinet too!

Yes, I agreee.

He's putting a serious chase on Rory in the rankings now.

And Tiger is up from 111 to 101 - good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Panrich

ForeRight wrote: »
    Speith is the best putter in that field so if anything harder greens would have had him further ahead

Swings and roundabouts. Harder fairways might have had him further out of position off the tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Did Speith choke yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭benny79

Delighted for Speith but would of liken the course to play harder adds more excitement! but I suppose the weather had a part to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Did Speith choke yet ?

He just seemed so cool and calm, though in his interview, he said he was anything but....which surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,033 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Speith showed that he is going to be a superstar with that performance. He is only going to get better because he can improve his long game a lot. The thing that sets him apart is his drive, he has an incredible desire to be the best.

He showed in the Masters what every amateur golfer needs to understand which is how important a good short game is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Did Speith choke yet ?

He must have done because there's no sign of him on the leader board. Jordan Spieth won it though :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Leave the bold to the mods please and take off your grammar nazi hat too. Thanks

lol, rrpc has been a bold boy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Seve OB wrote: »
    lol, rrpc has been a bold boy :)

Suitably chastened am I :o

Advertisement