Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

HighLine wrote: »
    Purely my own speculation but I think we will see Tiger back for The Players next month. (Qualifies as a result of his 2013 win)

Thinking about what other events he will be eligable to play for during the summer.. he would hardly rely on sponsor's invites? He could also play the Memorial at the start of June and then there is the US Open.

20+ wins gives you lifetime exemption on the PGA tour. Not a big fan of the man but if anyone deserves permanent PGA tour status it's him!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I reckon if Tiger could have remained fit, he would have been the greatest golfer ever!!!.
    If you're not going to add anything useful please don't post. Borderline trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Purely my own speculation but I think we will see Tiger back for The Players next month. (Qualifies as a result of his 2013 win)

Thinking about what other events he will be eligable to play for during the summer.. he would hardly rely on sponsor's invites? He could also play the Memorial at the start of June and then there is the US Open.

apparently, your speculation will be confirmed later today - hope you had s tenner on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Jawgap wrote: »
    apparently, your speculation will be confirmed later today - hope you had s tenner on it :D

He was doing some clinic last night so I thought an announcement would be made after that but there was nothing. I imagine it will come shortly.

https://twitter.com/GWJuniorTour/status/723277404169461760

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I really hope he's back this year soon. Even though I get all down if he's playing badly cos I'm so obsessed with him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He was doing some clinic last night so I thought an announcement would be made after that but there was nothing. I imagine it will come shortly.

https://twitter.com/GWJuniorTour/status/723277404169461760

Swing looks good. Really swinging within himself.

What's the low thud sound after he hits it ? The ball going through the sound barrier perhaps ? :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Swing looks good. Really swinging within himself.

What's the low thud sound after he hits it ? The ball going through the sound barrier perhaps ? :)

Either that or someone sharted themselves with excitement. :D

The first swing I saw was the one below and I was a bit worried until I read the caption that he was hitting one of his trademark stinger shots.

https://twitter.com/GWJuniorTour/status/723275985894957056

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seen another video from behind his swing. Looked nice and smooth. Hopefully it stays that way and he can come back on tour.

Also some knobhead in the video shouting "mashed potato" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

In the middle of reading it now. Great read so far.

In the middle of reading it now. Great read so far.

I just read it the once Jimmy;)

Domo1982 wrote:
    I just read it the once Jimmy

Hahahaha don't know what happened.

Hahahaha don't know what happened.

Some insight into the last 10 years though

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bkqwerty

Class article. So thorough

bkqwerty wrote: »
    Class article. So thorough

Some difference between that and the quality of writing you usually see over here.

Thanks for posting, brilliantly written. He's some man! Though I'm probably one of those who thinks he's brilliant because I met him for 30 seconds, not the ones who think he's weird lol.

Thanks for posting, brilliantly written. He's some man! Though I'm probably one of those who thinks he's brilliant because I met him for 30 seconds, not the ones who think he's weird lol.

Tell us more Cloud - Are you a navy seal?!!:)

Just finished. An incredible article. 10,000 or so words (probably). Months of research, interviews, writing and editing. A stunning insight into Tiger. I can only dream of being able to express myself as eloquently as that.

I'll be intrigued to see what questions he is asked if/when he makes his comeback over the next while. Will anyone dare to ask him about this article?

Haha right. I'm all for feeling the burn but after reading even just that glimpse into their training, I doubt it!
    Not really a meeting, I pushed my way to the front of a line and got him to sign my hat. Our hands brushed momentarily and I knew I was in love. LOL
    It was 2003 at the AmEx championship in Mount Juliet. My dad brought me for the opening round cos I had decent Junior Cert results.
    I was typical teen OMG HIIII and he said....nothing. Still, I'll never forget it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

JIdontknow wrote: »

He would have done that anyway because there was a deadline a few weeks ago. Still waiting for a Players announcement.

Haha right. I'm all for feeling the burn but after reading even just that glimpse into their training, I doubt it! Not really a meeting, I pushed my way to the front of a line and got him to sign my hat. Our hands brushed momentarily and I knew I was in love. LOL It was 2003 at the AmEx championship in Mount Juliet. My dad brought me for the opening round cos I had decent Junior Cert results. I was typical teen OMG HIIII and he said....nothing. Still, I'll never forget it!

I gave him a fist bump at the JP McManus Pro-Am in Limerick in 2010. It was a fist bump on my part at least.

Tiger ignored me.

As a result, it looked like I punched him on the shoulder 😂😂

Thankfully his security team didn't see me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Interesting article.

His father probably ruined him. In many ways he never grew up.

A truly great golfer without doubt, but in my eyes a thoroughly unlikeable person.

Interesting article.

His father probably ruined him. In many ways he never grew up.

A truly great golfer without doubt, but in my eyes a thoroughly unlikeable person.

Really - That's all you got from the article? I'd look a little deeper next time Henry Ford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

He would have done that anyway because there was a deadline a few weeks ago. Still waiting for a Players announcement.

He probably would not have done it if he thought there's no way he was going to play.

He also played his first actual golf of 2016 - a handful of casual holes with Mark O'Meara - and said after he feels pretty good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Domo1982 wrote: »
    Really - That's all you got from the article? I'd look a little deeper next time Henry Ford

It's like my opinion man :D

Here is a clip of Tiger putting on a clinic today... some fascinating stuff and some funny parts as well.... like hitting a new driver sent by Nike and commenting "Well that's a piece of sh*t" before discarding it. :D

https://twitter.com/r_dub_1/status/726105272444276737

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Domo1982 wrote: »

Can he not have an opinion? His dad obviously shaped him as a human being be it for bad or good.

• Advertisement

No Tiger for The Players apparently. Probably a good idea to start off at a smaller event before the US Open.

Advertisement