Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tiger Woods Thread

Options
1798081828385»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A bit brain dead from Tiger. Mad to hear it being covered on RTE Radio 1. Was hilarious to listen to , like a combination of Alan partridge , Dave McSavage and Ricky Gervais. You actually couldn't make it up comedy wise (but was actually a real conversation on national radio)

There is no point in bullshitting - lads talk is part of golf. But things have definitely moved on in sports equality in Europe.

Just looking at America - they seem a bit behind us now in so many areas. This kinda frat boy carry on in American golf is a bit - naff and dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Joe Duffy covered it??? Good Lord 😂

I'm very surprised he didn't consider the amount of cameras that'd be on him, it was always going to be picked up and cause a shitstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Lip Out

Quite surprised to read some of the snowflake comments from those easily offended. I found it very funny and great to see the banter between him and JT.

His putter is stone cold today unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes - genuinely was hilarious.

A few guys rang up to defend Tiger and an older lady too. To be honest, the guys that rang up - did make golf sound from the dark ages.

Poor Joe almost had a heart attack - he basically was saying the show is not about his opinion - then went on a 10 minute rant about his opinion - lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Misogynistic and sexist 🙄

Jesus christ some people love to get offended by every little thing nowadays. It's like they actively look for things to whinge about. Get a grip.

I thought it was hilarious. If that harmless joke between two friends gets you all worked up then you need to have a long hard look at your own life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

I’d be interesting to hear what the lpga tour thought of it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He'll have to soak it up for a few days but it'll be forgotten about this time next month.

He won’t be back till Augusta I presume. So it’ll come up then probably.

You can be sure both pr teams have prep them what to say

Yer man that rang up joe to defend tiger was hilarious, “ya know like in Munster when they say the lads from Leinster wear high heels ?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

It was a stupid joke either way. But considering grown men have been screaming 'MASHED POTATO' at him every time he hits a ball I'm not surprised his funny meter is set to $hite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The permanently offended will always find something to be offended about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

3 bogeys in last 4 holes means Tiger just outside the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hennie refused to criticize Tiger on Sky, apparently they're friends though so maybe no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Tiger with a lot more pep in his step today! 67 strokes and walking a lot more freely as his golf improves, positive signs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Think you need to re read the post you quoted....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

It was a joke between mates I taught it was funny he did try to give it discreetly but the cameras do pick up everything! Its a sad society will live in when it gets blown up like it has.. It wasn't meant for anybody else..

I did read. Someone probably bring it up again then. Someone looking for attention. He won’t be back till then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

then save it for the locker room.

Opinions differ, I thought it a bit crass and unfunny. But then some people find Bernard Manning funny etc..

Agree though that it was a "joke" in the moment and doesn't need to be constantly blown up and revisited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

It wasnt meant for anybody else.... Pffffft pull the other one, Tiger can't take a pi$$ without it being caught on camera.

The fact he thought it was a good idea and that it wouldn't get picked up by the cameras really shows he's a bit dim.

Advertisement