Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldo McGregor CONFIRMED July 11 Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

so whos going to vegas lads ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I am anyway. Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

I'm going as well gonna be a long 4 months! Just hope to god that both get to July 11th unscathed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Press conference starting at 5.00pm ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9w5C0IEzDw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Flying there from china once tickets are secured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I’m not sure where Conor is coming from with his ‘they have no commission here’ as surely if Nevada has the power to sanction fighters due to drug failures in the run in to fights they also have the power to reprimand fighters for other actions in the lead up to a fight based there. Aside from that surely the UFC would come down pretty hard after what was said after the Jones v Cormier.

I’m sure it’s all talk but sounds pretty pathetic. I’m a fan of most of his trash talk but this turn towards ‘I’m going to jump him’ doesn’t paint him in a good light.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’m not sure where Conor is coming from with his ‘they have no commission here’ as surely if Nevada has the power to sanction fighters due to drug failures in the run in to fights they also have the power to reprimand fighters for other actions in the lead up to a fight based there. Aside from that surely the UFC would come down pretty hard after what was said after the Jones v Cormier.

I’m sure it’s all talk but sounds pretty pathetic. I’m a fan of most of his trash talk but this turn towards ‘I’m going to jump him’ doesn’t paint him in a good light.

Conor is not a stupid man. He knows this fight means money. It's the start of the build up to the fight.

Fans will come out in force to see what both fighters have to say on this press tour. Things will be said, most of it empty noise, it'll sell PPV's and both will get $$$ like never before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

That_Guy wrote: »
    Conor is not a stupid man. He knows this fight means money. It's the start of the build up to the fight.

Fans will come out in force to see what both fighters have to say on this press tour. Things will be said, most of it empty noise, it'll sell PPV's and both will get $$$ like never before.

He might not be stupid but it doesn’t stop him from sounding pathetic. There’s plenty he can say (and has said) to sell fights without lowering himself to threatening to jump the other fighter outside of the ring if the mood takes him.

I’d actually like to see what happens if Aldo keeps pushing the joker card etc with Conor. From how he’s reacted to other fighters saying things about him he really comes across to me as a guy who can give trash talk but not take it.

That was an insane press conference. Aldo's entrance was class. Nice little swagger, smiles at McGregor then gives him the finger. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Cannot wait for Tuesday week after watching that. Aldo will get some abuse!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Connor looked bit nervous and sweaty, his breathing at the end of the face off when posing to the audience looked very fast.

Maybe im reading too much into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I missed it. Is it posted anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Connor looked bit nervous and sweaty, his breathing at the end of the face off when posing to the audience looked very fast.

Maybe im reading too much into it!

Yes. Yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Thought he looked a little nervous myself. You have to hand it to Aldo, he's the one person so far who seems completely immune to any wind-ups, I don't think the man has flinched in his life.

Saipanne wrote: »
    I missed it. Is it posted anywhere?

Yeah, man.

UFC 189: World Tour Press Conference: https://youtu.be/B9w5C0IEzDw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Yeah, man.

UFC 189: World Tour Press Conference: https://youtu.be/B9w5C0IEzDw

Another angle of a brilliant Aldo not-giving-a-f*ck look at 20:53 there

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

I love McGregor, and you could sense his dominance in the last few face offs, but here Jose looks the cooler and the more confident. What bearing this will have on the fight remains to be seen. Jose so far though seems indomitable.

I love McGregor, and you could sense his dominance in the last few face offs, but here Jose looks the cooler and the more confident. What bearing this will have on the fight remains to be seen. Jose so far though seems indomitable.

Conny looked a bit rattled, as he did when he "confronted" Aldo in his last fight.

Conny looked a bit rattled, as he did when he "confronted" Aldo in his last fight.

Did he look rattled then?

Did he look rattled then?

When, at the Siver fight? I think the photo says it all.

conor-jose-final.jpg

One man loses his cool. One man epitomises it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Craige30

I am. Cannot wait for July to roll around

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Jaysus, even Aldo was cringing when they went to the fans for questions. Strange bunch!!

Didn't look rattled, just high on adrenaline!

Didn't look rattled, just high on adrenaline!

Maybe. I just thought it was odd when I saw him do it. He seemed a bit... I dunno, emotional?

Try compare his face offs with Poirier with Aldo. He made a fool of Poirier, but Aldo seems to have the mental edge here.

Plenty of time left though!

Maybe. I just thought it was odd when I saw him do it. He seemed a bit... I dunno, emotional?

Try compare his face offs with Poirier with Aldo. He made a fool of Poirier, but Aldo seems to have the mental edge here.

Plenty of time left though!

I agree, he looked more nervous today than I have ever seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Crowd came across a bit thick with their comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Watched it over and over now; Conor looks like the same owl Conor as usual trying to wind up Jose while the face off, it doesn't work but I can't for the life of me see him looking "nervous" or "rattled". Really really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Does Aldo speak much English? Is Conor just wasting his breath when trying to talk sh!t in his face? It felt like he was trying too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

theteal wrote: »
    Does Aldo speak much English? Is Conor just wasting his breath when trying to talk sh!t in his face? It felt like he was trying too hard

wasting his breathing ?? he should eat two tins of mackeral before the next stare down and breath even heavier

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »

Maybe he learned a few Portuguese phrases?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement