Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLD SPELL Jan 28th Onwards: Wintry Showers/Frosty, Some Snow Accumulations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Proper flakes now.

And...

Its stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Snowing in Dublin 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Snowing in Rathnew, Co Wicklow but not sticking to the already wet ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

gazzer wrote: »
    Very scary drive into work in Cavan town this morning. A usual 20 minute drive took 65 minutes. The power just went in our office also.

Yep tryed the back road from here to Cootehill its a no go returned home had to go to Carrickmacross. Just of the phone to mate 7 to 8inchs around Carrickmacross.

Could all of you folks with snow turn towards North Leitrim. Now take a deep breath and blow. Please, and thank you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Lovely white flakes getting wasted :(

If DP's and temps are correct, there's no precipitation.
    If DP's and temps are marginal, there's a tonne of precipitation.
    When DP's, temps and precipitation all come together, THE GROUND'S WET!

Still hopeful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Heavy snow dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

A tiny covering here in the morning, the hills got absoultely pasted. Despite this looking so promising it failed to deliver on low ground here. Ah well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Yep tryed the back road from here to Cootehill its a no go returned home had to go to Carrickmacross. Just of the phone to mate 7 to 8inchs around Carrickmacross.

if ye look back at the radar it snowed all night across much of Cavan, Monaghan and Louth with trains of snow showers moving across their direction from sligo heading towards north wales. We just got the tale end of it here with the slightest of dustings which is melting as I type this!.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Nice big fluffy flakes falling in Kinsealy now Shame the ground is soaking :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Over an hour now of snow shower in Sandyford. Some good big flakes added in too. Not sticking because the wind is swirling it around. Temp dropping steadily but because if my stupid weather station I'm not sure of the reading. It says 1.5 down from 2.4 an hour ago. It appears to be about 1.5c above the actual temp.

Just stopping now as I type.

Hopefully m50 ok as I have to get to a meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,533 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Plenty of the white stuff here in Cavan.. Off the main roads many smaller roads are unpassable.

2yozes5.jpg

How did Mayo fair out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Check out these dancing lamp posts in Leeds yesterday...... Baby I want you come, come..........

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Pangea wrote: »
    How did Mayo fair out of this?

No snow last night, heavy showers this morning around 7am which gave a light dusting and then melts 30mins later, snowing/sleet/hail on and off but its nothing to get excited about. Crap really! Temps are very borderline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

1.1c with light snow on and off in d14.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's snowing now in Rathnew/Wicklow Town, not really sticking though.

-- In the time I took to write that, it started to go mad and is sticking!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

These snow showers are really coming in thick and fast here. Was sunny and clear 2 mins ago and now dark as hell with thick blowing snow. Did not even spot this one coming in.

Edit, and as quick as it came, it is going again. Sun out again.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

I'm glad I stuck to my guns on wat i said yesterday " can't see it raining going by the models "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Seeing videos of cars stuck on hills in cootehill in cavan and also a few power cuts around county cavan also. Check on your elderly neighbours if your about there folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Typical. Last week it snowed when I was back at home in Louth. This week, I moved back down to Limerick for college and it's snowing up in Louth :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graupel type shower here now (in Dublin 16) giving a brief/slight dusting. 1.3c atm.

_Brian wrote: »
    Plenty of the white stuff here in Cavan.. Off the main roads many smaller roads are unpassable.

You cut the first seven inches off that measure didnt you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Heavy snow shower in Dublin City Centre at the moment. Not sticking but it looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Quite heavy in coolock,pity the ground is wet looks as though could be on and off for the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Sleety snowy rainy mix in Arklow
    Nothing sticking.

Tipping an hour now if the white stuff in D3 and surround areas but place is simply saturated. Looking across the bay (when visibility increases) the mountains look lovely from about 150m.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Gorgeous proper snow in Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Snowing in Dublin south but now sticking

• Advertisement

Tipping an hour now of the white stuff in D3 and surround areas but place is simply saturated. Looking across the bay (when visibility increases) the mountains look lovely from about 150m.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement