Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I think this was predicted, but it looks like Ray will be the new face of Saturday night entertainment: http://www.thejournal.ie/goodbye-forever-saturday-night-show-1993031-Mar2015/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Trebor176 wrote: »
    I think this was predicted, but it looks like Ray will be the new face of Saturday night entertainment: http://www.thejournal.ie/goodbye-forever-saturday-night-show-1993031-Mar2015/

Just a gentle reminder that we will not be discussing anything here other than Ray Darcys Radio shows and not his TV work. That can be discussed in the TV forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Lapin wrote: »
    Bloody awful interview.

I reckon Edmonds couldn't wait for The Gold Cup to start.

Given he said that "the last ten minutes" were his career low point. Possibly joking but maybe not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I think if you dont even know what MENSA is, you shouldnt be allowed to take the test.

"I'll miss Brendan O'Connor on Saturday Nights as well... It wasnt my decision"...

He's a snake if you ever met one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Well, Ray should know all about inanimate objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Ray cuts him off just as Noel was about to give some juicy detail on his departure from BBC.

Got the impression Edmonds was not too keen to speak about his time at the BBC. He did not seem to have been too
    happy either when Ray referred to his
    stint on TOTP. Edmonds is an odious little man. Came out all guns blazing in
    defence of Clarkson. Referred deprecatingly to the guests in the hotel who witnessed the 'fracas' as 'rubberneckers'. Coming from the Savile era, he would know all about protecting the 'reputation' of the abuser! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

He won't have any British guests on anymore. They all just take the piss out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

"I'll miss Brendan O'Connor on Saturday Nights as well... It wasnt my decision"...

He's a snake if you ever met one..

He probably wants to get back into TV because there are no buttons to press. Although reading an autocue could yet prove to be an impossible task for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

So rather than paying his respects to Tony Fenton he was sitting there complaining to himself "Lot of people going for Communion, siiiigh", if I hadn't heard him say it himself I would've thought it one of Michael Weston's fever dreams! Remarkable.

• Advertisement

Ray's inner chimp was telling him "I want to take all the bananas I can, even though I've spent the last fifteen years given out about the monkeys that are gonna give me the bananas"

Ray's inner chimp was telling him "I want to take all the bananas I can, even though I've spent the last fifteen years given out about the monkeys that are gonna give me the bananas"

I reckon a little piece of Ray dies inside every time he has to be nice to Joe Duffy during the daily handover, considering he has never hidden his disdain for Liveline. Complete hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

I reckon a little piece of Ray dies inside every time he has to be nice to Joe Duffy during the daily handover, considering he has never hidden his disdain for Liveline. Complete hypocrite.
    Agree with the first part, but not with the hypocrite bit. You mightn't like a colleague or respect their work, but you still have to be professional.

What would you rather he did? Say "Thanks Joe, ya bollocks, yer show was a pile of sh1te today as usual" to the host of the second most popular show on Irish radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

DuckStab wrote:
    So rather than paying his respects to Tony Fenton he was sitting there complaining to himself "Lot of people going for Communion, siiiigh", if I hadn't heard him say it himself I would've thought it one of Michael Weston's fever dreams! Remarkable.

Ahem, fever dreams?? Would you like to explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

serfboard wrote: »
    Agree with the first part, but not with the hypocrite bit. You mightn't like a colleague or respect their work, but you still have to be professional.

What would you rather he did? Say "Thanks Joe, ya bollocks, yer show was a pile of sh1te today as usual" to the host of the second most popular show on Irish radio?

Eh yeah:D

Does Ray have children??? :eek:

He kept that quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

This the Ray-nua show? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ray is right on abortion. Don't even try to argue Lucinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Very valid point by Ray there, easy to be anti-abortion while the "get out clause" of right to travel exists. Lucinda waffling again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Thrown out...I thought she left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Why is it only "this issue" that involves conscience?
    Why is it that cutting allowances/services that materially effect the lives & health of "living children" is apparently nothing to do with anyones conscience?
    Again this obsession with "the unborn" with zero regard for the born is sick inducing and nothing but gross hypocrisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

One kinda wonders what will happen if Renua gets it's feet under the cabinet table in the future and the issue of a vote on abortion related matters comes up. Despite Lucinda's fine words, I just can't see her having party members voting agin her. If she doesn't feel that strongly about it at the end of the day, why then did she leave FG in the first place?? Puzzling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray is obsessed with condoms

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

BarryD wrote: »
    One kinda wonders what will happen if Renua gets it's feet under the cabinet table in the future and the issue of a vote on abortion related matters comes up. Despite Lucinda's fine words, I just can't see her having party members voting agin her. If she doesn't feel that strongly about it at the end of the day, why then did she leave FG in the first place?? Puzzling.
    She was clear enough about it in her interview with Ray: that there should be scope for conscientious exceptions.

What's less clear is what range of issues might count as issues of conscience. I can't imagine any party leadership in government tolerating individual TDs voting against a budget. I wonder if Lucinda falls into the trap of regarding matters connected with sex, marriage, and the family as special zones where a politician might have a conscience, but that other political questions are different.

I don't think of Ray as a political interviewer, but I thought he did a reasonably good job dealing with Lucinda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Today FM being inundated now with callers for the Radio 1 Ray Darcy mystery voice competition

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

:eek:

Mo Mowlam!

I thought it was Fiona Bruce :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

BarryD wrote: »
    why then did she leave FG in the first place??
    Becuase she was never going to be leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

my friend wrote: »
    Today FM being inundated now with callers for the Radio 1 Ray Darcy mystery voice competition

Innocent slip of the tongue but funny all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ray Foley just mentioned that Darcy poached Glen Hansard from 2FM for his show during the week when he seen him in the RTE buildings. He also said that The Darcy Show made an official complaint in Today FM when Foley did something similar. Typical hypocrisy from Darcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Synode wrote: »
    Ray Foley just mentioned that Darcy poached Glen Hansard from 2FM for his show during the week when he seen him in the RTE buildings. He also said that The Darcy Show made an official complaint in Today FM when Foley did something similar. Typical hypocrisy from Darcy

What's that Shakespeare play called... Emm ah yes! 'Much Ado About Nothing'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement