Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Ray got locked in the toilet
    Met someone on the stairs on the way to the studio and asked him to be a guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Poor Ray, cant even get out of the toilet. Had to climb over the cubicle. Still not used to his new studio's.

No locks on the door of the jacks at Today FM clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

And they're off! damn missed Glen, is he staying on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Deedsie wrote: »
    Just after the 16:00 race today D'Arcy said something like "and we are back I suppose we will have this for the rest of the week. We inherited this from our predecessors" didn't sound at all impressed.

I'll be listening on RTÉ Radio 1 Extra for the rest of the week. I had enough misery between the races today. Feel really sorry for people who don't have the same option.

No clearly Ray doesn't do the gee-gees :) But sure, he wouldn't be alone in that and it's only a few days.

• Advertisement

BarryD wrote: »
    No clearly Ray doesn't do the gee-gees :) But sure, he wouldn't be alone in that and it's only a few days.

no time for it myself and don't see why it has to be shoved down our throats at every opportunity. Anyone that wants to listen has plenty of other outlets to listen/watch without interupting Ray's show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

BarryD wrote: »

He doesn't like anything that can run faster than him.

I believe they also like sugar cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

no time for it myself and don't see why it has to be shoved down our throats at every opportunity. Anyone that wants to listen has plenty of other outlets to listen/watch without interupting Ray's show

Shoved down your throats or broadcasted four days a year? You have to share the airwaves. Horse racing has a massive following in Ireland. Would be a disgrace if RTÉ didn't broadcast it live on Radio 1 as they have for years. radio 1 extra is not available to everyone.

It might be a hangover from a bygone era when there were very few outlets to listen the races but is that still relevant today?

I didn't hear The Liveline being interupted, has this always been the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nobody interrupts Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

sligojoek wrote: »
    Nobody interrupts silences Joe Duffy.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

No locks on the door of the jacks at Today FM clearly

Wasn't there a sketch on Gift Grub about the time Ray got locked out of Today FM one morning and Ray wasn't best pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PureDaycent

They are churning out the same old guests from the contacts book that they had in TodayFM. That Skullduggery lad must have being on 40 times with D'arcy over the years, again yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

They are churning out the same old guests from the contacts book that they had in TodayFM. That Skullduggery lad must have being on 40 times with D'arcy over the years, again yesterday.

Has he had andrew maxwell & jason byrne on yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Great opening by Ray with an heart felt eulogy to Tony Fenton

He accurately described Tony for all Tony's cheesiness

10/10 Ray

Am happy if he talks about Tony for the whole show, well in between the horse racing and the news

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

Just wondering how long did Ray talk about Tony F?

There is a glowing report on the Indo website as if he was the only one paying tribute...
    Has he someone on the inside??

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

mikep wrote: »

There is a glowing report on the Indo website as if he was the only one paying tribute...

He talked about his memories about tony and played a song for tony and then read out texts from people who gave their memories of tony.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

It's appropriate, see my post 4 up.

It was 9 minutes 23 seconds to be precise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭mikep

I just find it interesting that Today FM's coverage since around 12:30 got no mention,whereas Rays 10 mins or so did..

I just find it interesting that Today FM's coverage since around 12:30 got no mention,whereas Rays 10 mins or so did..

Well that was the opening bit his show I don't know if he said anymore on tony after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Seriously a man has passed away today and all you worried about is how long his tribute was? says a lot..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The TodayFM tribute was mentioned, repeatedly, on the RIP thread. This is a Ray D'Arcy thread hence that's why his is mentioned here.

This isn't really the time or the place for that kind of bickering anyway.

Today had a nice piece after the 1 news with Ian, Mario & someone else talking about Tony

Today had a nice piece after the 1 news with Ian, Mario & someone else talking about Tony

The other person was Peter Mcparland the CEO of todayfm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

evilivor wrote: »
    He doesn't like anything that can run faster than him.

I believe they also like sugar cubes.

Or taller than him :D
    neris wrote: »

Jason Byrne was on last week, incidentally Jason's Snaptastic had Ray on last Thurs!

But all in all, nice tribute to the legend that is Tony Fenton, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Ray cuts him off just as Noel was about to give some juicy detail on his departure from BBC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bloody awful interview.

I reckon Edmonds couldn't wait for The Gold Cup to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

neris wrote: »

Or Des Bishop/Tommy Tiernan/Dara O'Briain.

I see Paulo Nutini is playing Marlay Park in July,surely he wouldn't .....would he ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement