Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1, 1263, 1610**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭PIORUN

What did he mean by that?! Was he saying someone else is less a kildare man than him!! Apologies, don't get the quote! I assumed you were just saying he (ray) came from a horsey background.......ha, confuding!

One activity we do know he took part in when he was younger was "a little bit of rugby" but he hates bringing it up...
    I think he was trying to relate to the blacksmith or something, to be honest I don't know why he says a lot of things..there doesn't seem to be a filter with with. He just spits things out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

PIORUN wrote: »
    I think he was trying to relate to the blacksmith or something, to be honest I don't know why he says a lot of things..there doesn't seem to be a filter with with. He just spits things out.

Are you sure he didn"t just say something like...... "i'm not really from a horsey background.... But im from kildare"!!! That would make more sense!

Are you sure he didn"t just say something like...... "i'm not really from a horsey background.... But im from kildare"!!! That would make more sense!
    he said " I'm from horsey background, as in I'm Kildare, not from a horsey background but i'm from Kildare" ........ basically he's from Kildare.

PIORUN wrote: »
    he said " I'm from horsey background, as in I'm Kildare, not from a horsey background but i'm from Kildare" ........ basically he's from Kildare.

Well that makes a lot more sense! Lets leave it there!

Well that makes a lot more sense! Lets leave it there!
    phew...agreed..lets...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm confused. Where's he from, and does he like horses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

More philosophy from Ray...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Oh just get on with it ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Two of those three pronunciations of OisÍn were ok.
    The girl's one was not - 'Ocean'!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Do we really care about One Direction?? Think Ray may have the wrong audience ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Ray Darcy AND Alf Stewart in the same room..............never have i wanted a room to expolde more than this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Ray Darcy AND Alf Stewart in the same room..............never have i wanted a room to expolde more than this:D

A right pair of flamin galahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Strewth!

"He goes on a good rant and doesnt let the facts get in the way"...

Is he talking about his character or Ray D'Arcy... ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oi! Whatever about D'Arcy, I won't hear a bad word said about Mr. Stewart!

Strike me rowan you flamin' mongrel!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭goochy

I am seriously thinking of switching to moncrief i find i am only listening in so i have something to winge about !! Was ray always so gaff prone ?? Keeps on having to be corrected by guests

'Jenny went to acting school ' thats why shes gud at aussie voices - money well spent seems ?? Seems totally false

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Ray messed up the start again , and then starts whining about being bunged up..

What's with all the healthy eating and living? He's perma depressed and sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

He can't even press a button, let alone fix a cot.

Rays show is akin to some dumb shït at a bar counter reading random snippets from The Star, stumbling over big words and not very interesting

Can't just go to Ikea without judging everyone else that's shopping there, as they have no where else to be, says he who went to buy a bed and came home with a pile of crap and then goggling the founder of Ikea to see what he's worth!

• Advertisement

I'm seeing a pattern already with Ray.

He's whined a few times now about the lack of natural day light in the RTE radio studios , bet he's blaming this for his health woes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Got a quick anti-Catholic Church dig in there quickly..

I see a future where Ray & Breslin can head off together on a broke back mountain trip

He can't even press a button, let alone fix a cot.

The mixing desk must be a flat pack for all the trouble it gives him..

Crime correspondent from Star on now about Graham Dwyer case.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Crime correspondent from Star on now about Graham Dwyer case.

I see Boards still haven't explained to members why they have banned discussion after the trial on this subject.

I see Boards still haven't explained to members why they have banned discussion after the trial on this subject.

It's a mystery to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Rumour is he was a member/mod on here read in another thread

sasta le wrote: »
    Rumour is he was a member/mod on here read in another thread

I am sure he had a tv licence also............ doesn't stop RTE commenting now the trial is over. Besides there is a half a million members on this site over the years. Hardly a shock if any given person has been a member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

my friend wrote: »
    Ray messed up the start again , and then starts whining about being bunged up..

What's with all the healthy eating and living? He's perma depressed and sick.
    Well said! I never thought of that but it seems so obvious!

Shall i eat porridge, run and pontificate and be miserable or be myself and be grand!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement