Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seagate 500gb portable HDD USB3 Argos 25quid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

Gits_bone wrote: »
    I hope when a bargain alert you want pops up, you go to argos and someone has reserved stock in your area where they have no intention of collecting....they ask for a code swap and they don't give it to you.

-It's a shítty thing to do. Any word from a mod on if it's going to be allowed happen?

There has been very little code swapping on this thread. A few people, Celtic-Chick and myself included, placed reservations in stores where we would not be in a position to use them ourselves and these reservations were then passed on to others on the thread. If we didn't reserve them it is likely they would have gone to non-posters so those we passed them on to would have lost out.

I'm still struggling to understand how you were expecting someone to give you a code for Naas if they hadn't reserved it to pass on here:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

db wrote: »
    A few people, Celtic-Chick and myself included, placed reservations in stores where we would not be in a position to use them ourselves

And you don't see the stupidity of this and the self fulfilling prophecy of then creating a shortage, and people crying out for codes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

Ironically, the original people complaining about code swapping said that it brought the thread off topic. Now, the debate about code swapping has derailed and ruined this thread more than the actual swapping of codes themselves!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057348261

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

There has been very little code swapping on this thread. A few people, Celtic-Chick and myself included, placed reservations in stores where we would not be in a position to use them ourselves and these reservations were then passed on to others on the thread. If we didn't reserve them it is likely they would have gone to non-posters so those we passed them on to would have lost out.

I'm still struggling to understand how you were expecting someone to give you a code for Naas if they hadn't reserved it to pass on here:confused:.

I requested a code in the chance that someone may not be able to make it to their nearest store or decided they didn't want to buy the item.

I'd rather a non poster reserved in their nearest store and bought the item to what's been going on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

It's beyond me why anyone would reserve anything, anywhere, when they're not going to buy it themselves.

Anyway....ordered one in Galway and collected last night.
    Nice nifty and tidy little thing it is too.
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

Anybody have a tallaght code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭loki7777

baldshin wrote: »
    If Argos were to charge a fee, say €5, and then deduct this from the price when you collect, I bet it would put a bit of an end to all this reserving stuff unless you genuinely were going to pick u the product. Would save a lot of messing about!

Till big misprice because after taking deposit they have to sell it to You without any questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just released a drive back into stock in blanchardstown.

I got 2 for myself, was planning on 3 but was short of cash :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I just released a drive back into stock in blanchardstown.

I got 2 for myself, was planning on 3 but was short of cash :(

Can someone reserve this for me and PM the code. Thanks.

(then maybe I can swap for a LV code :))

(Joking of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

baldshin wrote: »
    If Argos were to charge a fee, say €5, and then deduct this from the price when you collect, I bet it would put a bit of an end to all this reserving stuff unless you genuinely were going to pick u the product. Would save a lot of messing about!

People just wouldn't reserve stuff and Argos's whole system would be on it's head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

degsie wrote: »
    Can someone reserve this for me and PM the code. Thanks.

Why can't you do it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

If the USB port on the PC is 3.0 as well it'll be a lot faster than 5MB/s, or at least should be.

Yeah something wrong with that speed. I've got 15~ 20 or so with USB 2.0 devices. With USB 3 should be 60~70 ish

There another thread for that.

Dard23 wrote: »
    People on here obviously seem to think so as the general public don't deserve any bargains.

So your fine with non boardies getting the drives. But not boardies that post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

what the fk is happening to boards? it used to be a fun place. a place where people would post bargains and others would chime in.
    if you dont like the bargain dont buy it. Personally should every single deal be just for boardsies? no thats not the case. its a place where people can post bargains they might think are bargains and for others who might appreciate it to see what is out there.
    All these begrudging and **** is dragging it down. Ive posted bargains here numerous times, and I know im not the only one sick of the hassle.
    If someone buys a bargain that I miss out on then fine, its my loss. but i certainly dont have a problem with some else getting something because I didnt want it or missed it.
    Yis are all gone very ****ing greedy here on boards lately. Its gone to **** big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

2 in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

neacy69 wrote: »
    2 in tallaght

gone now.

did any1 get a code for tallaght? i missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Still showing 2 in tallaght for me .. (on checkargos)
    Everywhere else out of stock

• Advertisement

shows none available on argos site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Actually checkargos showing none now, wonder how many people reserved them with no intention of collecting just to piss off others :mad:

yeah... maybe someone will be nice and share their codes...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 artcev

I have a code for Cork - Queens Old Castle - expiring today and I can't make it in before 6.30pm. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 artcev

artcev wrote: »
    I have a code for Cork - Queens Old Castle - expiring today and I can't make it in before 6.30pm. PM for details.

code taken promptly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Anyone have a code for blanchardstown or ashbourne that they don't need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wgear06

I have a code for Monaghan that was kindly passed onto me by another member but I don't need it. The reservation is up at close of business today if anyone wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Ordin73

wgear06 wrote: »
    I have a code for Monaghan that was kindly passed onto me by another member but I don't need it. The reservation is up at close of business today if anyone wants it.

Yes please,

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

If anyone has a code for cork going spare I'll take it please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭terriepodonnell

Hi,

Does anyone have a code for Blanchardstown, Ilac, Jervis or Stephens Green ?
    Would really appreciate it.

Advertisement