Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seagate 500gb portable HDD USB3 Argos 25quid

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

2 in letterkenny now Gone:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

2 in Letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 24 brianscotch

Anybody pick a code up for Letterkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

1 in carlow

you should do ctrl+f5 instead of f5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

2 in ashbourne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭batistuta9

carlow gone

2 ashbourne
    1 waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

1 left in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

2 in killarney

1 left in Waterford
    lol nobody wants it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

db wrote: »
    To give you an idea of speed, I copied a large number of small files at a speed of 5MB/second. You might get a better idea of true speed by copying one large file.

That seems very slow.

Are you copying between two equal drives both connected to usb 3 ports while the machine is doing nothing else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

**** the one time one arrives in Waterford is the one time I'm not checking on here - ****e

3 2 in arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

3 available in Arklow just now

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Snaggerman wrote: »
    3 available in Arklow just now

now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

2 in St Stephens Green Dublin

and there gone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

db wrote: »
    To give you an idea of speed, I copied a large number of small files at a speed of 5MB/second. You might get a better idea of true speed by copying one large file.
    Was getting 36MB/s on USB 3 http://xkcd.com/612/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wgear06

Managed to get 2 of these. The quality is surprisingly poor compared to the Samsung ones. The edges aren't smoothed off and the port is weak. A little bit disappointed but I shouldn't complain at 25euro.

2 were available in nutgrove. but gone in a flicker of seconds.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

PMed you one

GRRRR.

I had posted I was looking for a code earlier and this poster in question that got it had several codes in other argos'. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Gits_bone wrote: »
    GRRRR.

I had posted I was looking for a code earlier and this poster in question that got it had several codes in other argos'. :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah just checked there and that poster made mulitple reservations in Carlow, waterford, arklow, killarney and Castlebar in order to trade for a Naas code. On principle i wouldn't even think about helping out such a person.

Would like one but dont back anything important on a seagate hard drive.I had 2 corrupt on me with the loss of a lot of precious photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

mac.in wrote: »
    Dublin code here to swap for a cork code. If any one is interested, please let me know.

Why not just be nice and share your code with me? Pleeaase

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why are swaps still being let happen? It's a disgrace. This thread should be closed or modded better to prevent people like this. Some of the price really took the pics with reserving with no intention of getting near the stores.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why are swaps still being let happen? It's a disgrace. This thread should be closed or modded better to prevent people like this. Some of the price really took the pics with reserving with no intention of getting near the stores.

I agree with you. But, I waited for nearly 4 days to get a code for Cork. Everyday, it vanished within seconds it was available. Then, there were lot of discussions on swap, etc. So, I thought why shouldn't I give a try. If everyone followed your advice, I would have got a code for cork by now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ban the ****ers. Everyone can see who has done it, there's 3 or 4 who have posted every 2nd post saying they have codes for x, y and z. They'd have reserved it in Zambia if they'd have been given the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

The trouble people are going to to save €20 odd quid on something they probably don't even really want is remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

If argos had a problem with it, they would take steps to prevent it - charge at reservation or minimal deposit to be deducted from the final price or forfeited to charity if not collected BUT argos are happy with the way their service runs.

If you ban it, it will still happen underground.

If it upsets you, just don't read the threads - what you don't know won't hurt you. It's much like a Tesco deal where the staff keep everything for themselves... Do I wish I'd gotten some of those deals, but hey, life goes on. What does surprise me us how upset you all are, it's a saving of €25, is it worth the nastiness some of you are directing to other boardsies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

on_my_oe wrote: »
    If argos had a problem with it, they would take steps to prevent it - charge at reservation or minimal deposit to be deducted from the final price or forfeited to charity if not collected BUT argos are happy with the way their service runs.

If you ban it, it will still happen underground.

If it upsets you, just don't read the threads - what you don't know won't hurt you. It's much like a Tesco deal where the staff keep everything for themselves... Do I wish I'd gotten some of those deals, but hey, life goes on. What does surprise me us how upset you all are, it's a saving of €25, is it worth the nastiness some of you are directing to other boardsies?

What's really annoying me is there's a codes thread for people to offer or seek codes but almost 300 posts on this thread are to do just that, clogging up the thread sometimes leading to people missing availability updates. Is it really so hard to click the correct thread?

Advertisement