Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seagate 500gb portable HDD USB3 Argos 25quid

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

If anyone has a reservation code for Naas or Dublin (Jervis, Stephen's Green, Ilac), please pm me! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

anyone have code for Drogheda please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

db wrote: »
    I can't agree with you here. I spotted one available in Cork this morning and reserved it. I passed that one to another poster on this thread, was offered a code in Limerick by another poster who picked up another Cork code from yet another poster.

We are maximising the number of bargains being snapped up by people reading the thread which is surely the point of this forum.

The point of the forum? To share and discuss bargains.

I'm sure admin would consider a 'Reserve things you don't want' forum if you asked them nicely. Train wreck was an accurate description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Corholio wrote: »

I'm sure admin would consider a 'Reserve things you don't want' forum if you asked them nicely. Train wreck was an accurate description.

Same is true of those comments, there's a "feedback" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Same is true of those comments, there's a "feedback" forum.

Your comment can go there too.

Anyone who's already got the hard drive, how's the speed on it? I've found Seagate a bit hit and miss with speeds on drives like this. Of course regardless of speed, still a good bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

db wrote: »
    I can't agree with you here. I spotted one available in Cork this morning and reserved it. I passed that one to another poster on this thread, was offered a code in Limerick by another poster who picked up another Cork code from yet another poster.

We are maximising the number of bargains being snapped up by people reading the thread which is surely the point of this forum.

It's a sh!tty thing to do. Placing reservations for places across the country that you have no intention of collecting in order to use as a trading card for a reservation in your area.

What about the forum readers in Cork who just want to make a standard local reservation without having to go to the trouble of getting a reservation half way across the country to trade for a Cork code. It's complete nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Anyone who's already got the hard drive, how's the speed on it? I've found Seagate a bit hit and miss with speeds on drives like this. Of course regardless of speed, still a good bargain.

I found it very good :) I uploaded Pdf's and videos last nigh and they went on almost instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭mudxfxa

anyone have code for liffey valley or Tallght please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

mudxfxa wrote: »
    anyone have code for liffey valley or Tallght please

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

Anyone have a code for Carlow or Kilkenny. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Any codes for Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Looking for a code in Cork. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Awh I missed this thread.

Will more stock be coming in?

If anyone has a liffey valley or tallaght code I would be very grateful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Awh I missed this thread.

Will more stock be coming in?

If anyone has a liffey valley or tallaght code I would be very grateful. :)

Unlikely to be at that price again. Argos UK are charging £39.99 for it, which would be about €53.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭db

To give you an idea of speed, I copied a large number of small files at a speed of 5MB/second. You might get a better idea of true speed by copying one large file.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

They're reserving things they want and trying to redistribute them geographically to mutual advantage - a necessary part of sharing bargains is actually acquiring them. It's unsightly but it allows this forum aided by Witnessmenow's Stock Checker to effectively commandeer and lock down the Argos reservation system. The problem with patiently waiting for your local store is allowing all argos site users to do the same.

If codes don't end up being swapped in the end, beyond a delay - where's the harm? Only a dick wouldn't fulfil a request for a code they can't end up using. Even if they act a dick the expired codes are recycled at COB anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

styron wrote: »
    They're reserving things they want and trying to redistribute them geographically to mutual advantage - a necessary part of sharing bargains is actually acquiring them. It's unsightly but it allows this forum aided by Witnessmenow's Stock Checker to effectively commandeer and lock down the Argos reservation system. The problem with patiently waiting for your local store is allowing all argos site users to do the same.

If codes don't end up being swapped in the end, beyond a delay - where's the harm? Only a dick wouldn't fulfil a request for a code they can't end up using. Even if they act a dick the expired codes are recycled at COB anyway.

Looks like we have found someone who reserves items they have no intention of collecting. STONE HIM..or her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Looks like we have found someone who reserves items they have no intention of collecting. STONE HIM..or her.
    Anyone need codes for torches and rope for the lynching?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Robbie085

Im still looking for a tallaght code...anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

styron wrote: »

Whereupon they are snatched again by someone living nowhere near the argos in question, in the hopes that they can trade for their own local argos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

So is this the codes thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Soarer wrote: »

I use it now to alter my mood. If I need to get into rage mode for an arm wrestle (happens more than you'd think in my house), this is the thread I visit. Before the thread, I'd lose every time, now after this thread, I even have a chance against my 11 year old daughter, I'm that angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

As the initial stock of drives sold out and the only remaining means of obtaining one is an expired reservation code - yes, this is now a defacto codes thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Any codes for Naas?
    PMed you one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Anyone need codes for torches and rope for the lynching?

You can get rope in lidl :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 docdave

Hi any code for Naas or Tallaght please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

I picked up my hard drive today, very happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, and I refused to give my code (offered on the code thread when availability appeared at a closer store) to anyone who'd posted on this thread. The code thread is there to be used fairly but people were trying to bypass it and post here.

Rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

three in clonmel

sick of refreshing the page waiting for one in Dublin

think I will give up and go to Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

kingtiger wrote: »
    three in clonmel

sick of refreshing the page waiting for one in Dublin

think I will give up and go to Amazon

Gone now