Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Open 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

mzungu wrote: »
    Wonder what the protests are in aid of. Waste of a ticket regardless.

Something to do with refugees according to Frew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Such a back and forth match here. Great first set but both Djocko and Murray should be putting away their chances

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Good two games there from Murray, he is playing a bit better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Murray improving now, hoping he can keep it up til the end. Would love to see him win this!!

According to a few folk on Twitter the protest was about Manus Island which is a detention centre used to keep refugees in until they're processed but it's long been criticised by Amnesty International and the likes as nothing more than a prison. All sorts of horrible stories from it.

And back to the tennis..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

According to a few folk on Twitter the protest was about Manus Island which is a detention centre used to keep refugees in until they're processed but it's long been criticised by Amnesty International and the likes as nothing more than a prison. All sorts of horrible stories from it.

And back to the tennis..

Nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Ben Rothenberg tweeted a great photo of one of the protesters being carried by a security guard.:D

Many chances for Murray in that game! He really needs to improve his 2nd serve %.

I miss Boris Beckers bizarre commentary at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Christ, imagine coming to a grand slam final just to unfurl a banner. What a waste of money! :D

Not just a waste of money but most TV stations were on a break so its effect was minimal.

Murray is definitely finding some of his best tennis but is being outplayed on some of the long, physical points.

Some highly entertaining points in the last few games. I really hope Murray can do it but it's starting to look like a match Djokovic will grind out through pure resilience rather than playing particularly brilliant tennis. I hope I'm wrong though.

Go Murray, that was an important game to win. Forehand volley at deuce took some cojones.

• Advertisement

Last few games have been good tennis, bit of a mess before that. Hopefully Murray can take this one.

smurfs5 wrote: »

Murray is definitely finding some of his best tennis but is being outplayed on some of the long, physical points.

Yep, it seems Murray cracks first with the unforced errors the longer the point goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If murray doesnt win this set he is fecked i think

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If murray doesnt win this set he is fecked i think

If he does win it we'll be here all day! :eek:

Come on Murray, win this tie-break. Make it a best of 3 setter then!

Go on Andy you legend!! One set all.

Quality game of tennis this, murray is making some cracking shots now, impossible to call this now

So after 2.5 hours we've got a best of 3 match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭lazza14

Sue Barker is going for Andy Murray - Gee thanjks for that unbiased analysis there sue !!!

Classless w&nkers..

Djocko looking tired! If Murray can keep this level up can't see past him to be honest!

• Advertisement

Djokovic and that ankle "injury" again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

mzungu wrote: »
    Djokovic and that ankle "injury" again!!

Always happens him and then just gets busts of energy again. Still time for Murray to seize the 3rd set at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

lazza14 wrote: »
    Sue Barker is going for Andy Murray - Gee thanjks for that unbiased analysis there sue !!!

Classless w&nkers..

I'm watching on Eurosport but I won't have a bad word said against Sue.

Always happens him and then just gets busts of energy again. Still time for Murray to seize the 3rd set at least

Murray is playing well now, but his form in longer games always goes up and down like a yoyo. I can see a few more breaks in serve in this set.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lazza14 wrote: »

Classless w&nkers..
    If it was an Irish tennis player RTE would be much worse. Of course BBC will be biased towards Murray & I do think he will win it too.

Andy never seems to play his best stuff when he is leading a match i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

It really is just an endurance sport now. Barely ever any clean winners. Nearly every point ends when someone wilts. Tennis in the 21st century.

Inconsistency creeping into Murray's game now. He needs to keep the head.

Mousewar wrote: »
    It really is just an endurance sport now. Barely ever any clean winners. Nearly every point ends when someone wilts. Tennis in the 21st century.

A lot of this match is like hitting practice with the odd mistake or good shot thrown in at the end of a point. Last few games of 2nd set were great but it's reverted to 1st set level now.

• Advertisement

Mousewar wrote: »

That's whats great about the modern game IMO. Nothing quite like two players at the top of their game competing in long points. The game is all the better for it.

Advertisement