Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just made it back in time to post my vote and the sun is shining and it’s a lovely warm evening :) Enjoy your walk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Brightening up into a lovely evening out there. Hope it stays like this until 5, gonna wrap up a few minutes early & get out for a walk. My knee is a good bit better today, haven't needed any strapping or anti-inflammatories so gonna chance a walk to loosen it up. The fresh air will do me the world of good too.

Good to hear knee on the mend.

First times in ages, I didn't have to put the heating on during the day. Has to be a good thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Wow, its so bright & sunny here this morning i've had to close the blinds a tad as the glare was so bad on the monitor... amazing what a nice bright day can do for your mood in the morning, (that & coffee:D)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

On our walk this morning the sound of birdsong was beautiful :)

• Advertisement

Lovely bright evening there now. Great to see the grand oul stretch start to make real inroads. Make the most of it though as I think its to get quite wet in the next few days.

V. quiet in here today it seemed, was away down in Kilkenny for a site inspection and expected loads of posts, but no, one of our quieter days, probably to be expected after all the drama yesterday though!!

Have a nice evening/night everyone... nearly the weekend now, & WFH of a Friday never seems quite so bad.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Lovely bright evening there now. Great to see the grand oul stretch start to make real inroads. Make the most of it though as I think its to get quite wet in the next few days.

V. quiet in here today it seemed, was away down in Kilkenny for a site inspection and expected loads of posts, but no, one of our quieter days, probably to be expected after all the drama yesterday though!!

Have a nice evening/night everyone... nearly the weekend now, & WFH of a Friday never seems quite so bad.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my beautiful county :) It’s a cool evening out there and the lagging jacket came out for the evening walk :D

Autosport wrote: »
    I hope you enjoyed your visit to my beautiful county :) It’s a cool evening out there and the lagging jacket came out for the evening walk :D

I love Kilkenny. Its my favourite place in Ireland after Dublin. Having relatives from Ballyhale helps in that regard though as we spent many a summers day down there as children, and many more days in the pubs as we got older;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some day out there today. Lovely and bright. Dog is wiped from all the walks and play today and my own dogs are barking now!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Having relatives from Ballyhale helps in that regard though as we spent many a summers day down there as children, and many more days in the pubs as we got older;)

They must be fans of the old hurling if they are from Ballyhale. :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    They must be fans of the old hurling if they are from Ballyhale. :D

Yep. A few of them have played for Shamrocks over the years. Rubbed off on me too what with me having played up to minor and coaching it now. Reckon it was the kilkenny influence as sod all up here played it back in those days.
    The home of hurling.

Most of my lot are from Windgap and Callan. There was a time there where I didn't know what it was like to watch a match and not win it. :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    Most of my lot are from Windgap and Callan. There was a time there where I didn't know what it was like to watch a match and not win it. :pac:

Callan is a nice spot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep. A few of them have played for Shamrocks over the years. Rubbed off on me too what with me having played up to minor and coaching it now. Reckon it was the kilkenny influence as sod all up here played it back in those days.
    The home of hurling.

I’m from the real home of hurling ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m from the real home of hurling ;)

What part of kilkenny is that?

:D

What part of kilkenny is that?

The island is that way >>>>>> :pac:

Someone was very close to me today ;) It’s so handy having the M9 so close :) I’m loving all this Kilkenny talk and yes it’s the real home of hurling :D

Cats.... cats everywhere!!!!

QTKFs9zp.jpg

• Advertisement

I see our Taoiseach dropped a little nugget of information last night that we've a minimum of 9 more weeks of lockdown (current restrictions or whatever you care to describe the current status as) with just the schools potentially returning in that time.... there goes my Friday buzz anyway...

sweet baby Jesus & the orphans, 9 more weeks! NINE!!:mad:

The really frustrating thing is the way this kind of information is being drip fed out in little pieces now rather than clearly & explained. What part of clear communication are they failing to understand? I suspect compliance will drop by a considerable margin in that time as people have had enough and the messages are so mixed its clear many have had enough.

I see our Taoiseach dropped a little nugget of information last night that we've a minimum of 9 more weeks of lockdown (current restrictions or whatever you care to describe the current status as) with just the schools potentially returning in that time.... there goes my Friday buzz anyway...

sweet baby Jesus & the orphans, 9 more weeks! NINE!!:mad:

I saw that too and didn't sleep at all last night after I read it.

Our wedding number is going to be 6 :( I know in the whole scheme of things a wedding isn't all that important, we just hoped we could have 25 guests so our families could be there with us. I haven't the heart to tell my OH yet as I'll probably cry.

The really frustrating thing is the way this kind of information is being drip fed out in little pieces now rather than clearly & explained. What part of clear communication are they failing to understand? I suspect compliance will drop by a considerable margin in that time as people have had enough and the messages are so mixed its clear many have had enough.

This! I was so annoyed when I read "exclusive", that is not exclusive material!! I keep thinking back to last year when we all were worried but banded together to do the right thing. Now there's an awful sense of distrust and blame going around, and I too won't be surprised if compliance drops off a cliff.

I saw that too and didn't sleep at all last night after I read it.

Our wedding number is going to be 6 :( I know in the whole scheme of things a wedding isn't all that important, we just hoped we could have 25 guests so our families could be there with us. I haven't the heart to tell my OH yet as I'll probably cry.

Sorry to hear that Eskie. I don't envy anyone trying to plan anything important these days.

As DvB said the uncertainty is hard to take.

Again, not important in the grand scheme of things, am trying to plan a few days away in Ireland with the folks. Was looking at July as sure they would have had both jabs by then (both over 70) however not sure now so thinking twice about booking anything.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Eskie. I don't envy anyone trying to plan anything important these days.

As DvB said the uncertainty is hard to take.

Again, not important in the grand scheme of things, am trying to plan a few days away in Ireland with the folks. Was looking at July as sure they would have had both jabs by then (both over 70) however not sure now so thinking twice about booking anything.

We booked a few days away at the end of July, but only on the basis it was no payment up front & could be cancelled free of charge up to 24 hours beforehand as theres no way I was taking any chances this year.

Glad we did now as its looking increasingly likely there'll be restrictions greater than we had last summer in place this summer but at least we'll not be out of pocket like we were last year.

On a happier note, Troika by Prokofiev just came on Christmas FM classical.... always cheers me up that one!

This weekend is going to be spent binging Christmas movies and chocolate, while avoiding contact with everyone. Sorry for bringing negativity into one of my favourite threads on here. I'm completely out of sorts since last night, but I hope to be back to myself after I go have my cappuccino.

It's OK Eskie, we all have our moments of anger, negativity, frustration etc at the current situation, it's only natural.

Enjoy the movies and choccy :)

You’re only human Eskie and if it helps you talking/venting it out this is the place to do so and my inbox is always open :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, I was definitely feeling raw this morning.

Himself phoned after he read the news online.. He is as determined as ever to get married on our original date :)

Advertisement