Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Today was Blue Monday and we all survived it!!

Go us!! :D

Feeling cheerful/grateful that I still get to WFH especially during deary days like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

It's my birthday so I had chocolate cake and got 2 new Eoin O Connor pictures. Yay!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

jellybear wrote: »
    It's my birthday so I had chocolate cake and got 2 new Eoin O Connor pictures. Yay!:D

Happy Birthday :)

Happy Birthday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Happy birthday to you-hoo! Scoff that cake. Its good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Happy birthday jellybear! Great presents!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy birthday, jellybear! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Birthday Jellybear!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy birthday jellybear!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy birthday jellybear, I hope you enjoyed your day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh, thanks all! Cake all round...enjoy!:D

Awh, thanks all! Cake all round...enjoy!:D

PM’d you my address you can send the cake to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Birthday jellybear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Many happy returns Jellybear, hope you had a nice day.

Just booked my first annual leave of the year, this time next month I will be enjoying a 4 day weekend!

It's nice to have something to look forward to :)

Loughc wrote: »
    Just booked my first annual leave of the year, this time next month I will be enjoying a 4 day weekend!

It's nice to have something to look forward to :)

I usually take a day or two between NY and Paddys as is longest we go without a BH. Will definitely need it this year!

TRS30 wrote: »
    I usually take a day or two between NY and Paddys and is longest we go without a BH. Will definitely need it this year!

The way I see it Jan has a bank holiday - New Years and the first week of Jan is still Christmas.

March gets Paddy's Day, April usually gets Easter, May & June have bank holidays.... so Feb needs some loving too haha.

The way I see it Jan has a bank holiday - New Years and the first week of Jan is still Christmas.

March gets Paddy's Day, April usually gets Easter, May & June have bank holidays.... so Feb needs some loving too haha.

Make Valentines a BH!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Belated birthday wishes jellybear.

I usually take a few days in February to cover the kids mid term break from school. Unlikely they'll even be in school for that this year so reckon I'll just keep working through in the hope that restrictions will be lifted a tad for the spring/summer & latter half of the year. Am gonna have to save a few days for Christmas as well because of the way it falls this year. Looking at needing 6 days leave to cover 2 weeks off this time round.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Am gonna have to save a few days for Christmas as well because of the way it falls this year. Looking at needing 6 days leave to cover 2 weeks off this time round.

I'm planning on taking 5 for Christmas and working one day in the middle again to break up the 2 weeks.

I'm planning on taking 5 for Christmas and working one day in the middle again to break up the 2 weeks.

I'll probably do the same, ideally if we're back to normal I'll go in on the 23rd as thats the day we break up for Christmas & go out for lunch & a few beers :)

i.e. not really a days work at all!

TRS30 wrote: »
    Make Valentines a BH!
    I've been lobbying for years to make Pancake Tuesday a bank holiday. :pac:

Posy wrote: »

Yeah I'd rather this to be a BH than Valentines Day :pac:

Nah I’m a valentines fan :)

I do like pancakes too :D

Autosport wrote: »
    Nah I’m a valentines fan :)

I do like pancakes too :D

Lets be greed and have both as BHs!

As Valentine's Day is on a Sunday this year, that means we will have a 4 day weekend once we pass this into law. :D

As Valentine's Day is on a Sunday this year, that means we will have a 4 day weekend once we pass this into law. :D

I like the sound of that :D

Now we're cooking :D

• Advertisement

If we're signing stuff into law, I nominate a 4 day working week, Fridays really should be the weekend don't you think?

Advertisement