Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    If we're signing stuff into law, I nominate a 4 day working week, Fridays really should be the weekend don't you think?

Agreed.

I’m a big fan of Thursdays anyway so making Thursday the new Friday makes sense.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm telling you, things will be great when we're finally running things. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

A few companies have trialed 4 day week and apparently there is no real loss in productivity. There is just less messing about during the week.

Hopefully, it is something that will happen someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Its the kids birthday today, so when asked what cake they'd like they both declared they love mums Baileys Cheesecake so the mrs made one last night which is sitting in the fridge awaiting devouring this evening!! As we cant do much for them given the restrictions we're getting them their favourite take away delivered too, so that was a coin toss as my daughter wanted pizza and my son wanted indian... indian won... so my calorie intake today will be that of a small country! But hey we want to enjoy the kids birthday in the middle of lockdown so I'm not going to beat myself up about the few extra 1000 calories today:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

My 3 had birthdays in the last couple of months. We did the same - what cake do you want and what takeaway do you want. And pancakes for breakfast. A few extra treats and maybe a movie and they were happy out. When noone else is having birthday parties they really don't seem to mind not having one either, happy enough to get spoiled at home. We saved a fortune.

• Advertisement

They all sound like lovely birthdays! :)

Enjoy the cheesecake and Indian, DvB- nyom!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Are aren't old enough yet to know about takeouts (oldest does know about MickyD's though!) however do get to pick their cake. Son's one just gone was broken biscuit covered in icing. My wife outdid herself and was more additive then Pringles! Thanks goodness it's all gone with the neighbours get some so we didn't have to eat it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm engulfed with the Friday Feeling today. I have no real reason for it.
    My only weekend plans are studying,walks,tv and some yoga.
    I've been feeling a bit grey the last few days (not terrible just meh) and now I'm in flying form.Long may it last.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've been feeling a bit grey the last few days (not terrible just meh) and now I'm in flying form.Long may it last.

I feel the exact same, deffo full of the Friday feeling, i think it didnt help Tues and Wed were non stop rainy days, that always dampers my mood.

Yeah, I felt much better yesterday when it was a crisp, bright, sunny day, rather than on the dark rainy days that preceded it!

It's amazing how brightness and weather can affect your mood. And a bright, sunny Friday can never hurt. :)

• Advertisement

They are talking about snow at the weekend. Once it holds off till after I'm back from the weekly shop in the morning then happy days. Will be stocked with food and have no where specific to be so can snow away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Snow about 10kms from my house, my friend sent me a video of her kids making snowmen this morning :)

Finishing up for the week. Another one flown by!

Hope everyone has a nice weekend and catch up Monday if I don't pop on over the weekend.

Sunny morning and already February feels like it's moving quicker than January.

Loughc wrote: »
    Sunny morning and already February feels like it's moving quicker than January.

Which wondering what that strange bright thing in the sky was!!

This weekend we will be half way through February. That
    is one quick moving month.

Loughc wrote: »
    This weekend we will be half way through February. That
    is one quick moving month.

Helps make up for the chore that is January.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭thatsmighty

Spring is coming

I'm saying nothing....

Spring is coming

AxXY1Nc.jpg

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    I'm saying nothing....

:D

yCqNHv8.jpg

A) PANCAKE TUESDAY. :D

B) I left work on Friday in bright daylight, for the first time since October. :)

Yea, noticed this morning it wasn't pitch dark when I got up :)

It makes such a difference!

I don't know how they deal with the winter in countries where it's dark all the time for about 3 months. :eek:

TRS30 wrote: »
    Yea, noticed this morning it wasn't pitch dark when I got up :)

Really seeing the difference in the morning as well. Its great to see the mornings and evenings getting a good bit brighter. Then we can all look forward to them getting shorter again LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Its pancake Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Making pancakes for lunch now :)

Brightening up into a lovely evening out there. Hope it stays like this until 5, gonna wrap up a few minutes early & get out for a walk. My knee is a good bit better today, haven't needed any strapping or anti-inflammatories so gonna chance a walk to loosen it up. The fresh air will do me the world of good too.

• Advertisement

It's lovely to have sunshine pouring in! Some lovely fluffy clouds around too :)

Hope the knee keeps improving DvB

Advertisement