Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Enjoy your time off, DvB!

It's not a week, but I am really looking forward to the 3 day weekend. :)

Plus, mid term next week, so no school kids jamming up the 25% capacity buses!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Last day today before being off for a week ( 9 days with no work, bliss) and despite the restrictions & lousy weather predicted am going to try & make the most of it by getting plenty of exercise & also having some nice beers & treats too.... planning on getting a few walks in too with the family, weather permitting of course and may even start to watch a christmas movie ( a week or 2 early for us!!!)

Just get a manic day today out of the way and we're good to go, so roll on 4pm!!

Exactly this x2.

Even down to the 4pm finish.

Plus it's a long weekend for most.... so.... HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Last day today before being off for a week ( 9 days with no work, bliss) and despite the restrictions & lousy weather predicted am going to try & make the most of it by getting plenty of exercise & also having some nice beers & treats too.... planning on getting a few walks in too with the family, weather permitting of course and may even start to watch a christmas movie ( a week or 2 early for us!!!)

Just get a manic day today out of the way and we're good to go, so roll on 4pm!!
    Loughc wrote: »
    Exactly this x2.

Even down to the 4pm finish.

Plus it's a long weekend for most.... so.... HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Have a good one guys.

Am off today so enjoying the first of 4 days off and a short week next week.

Downtime is extra important these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

John Gilligan is cocooning for Christmas and for a while after by the looks of it

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1023/1173488-john-gilligan-arrest-spain/

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 10,130 ✭✭✭✭DvB

And my VPN to work has been closed... hopefully me done with work until November 2nd!!
    Now where's the beer!?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got my holidays approved!

Also solved a problem in work that we have been stuck on for a couple of weeks.

So good and ready for the long weekend! Will go on a nice walk right after work.

I'm off for the weekend, and I'm so delighted!
    Happy Friday everybody! :D

u8fQcH0.jpg?1

Posy wrote: »
    u8fQcH0.jpg?1

Great movie. Definitely due a rewatch.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

u8fQcH0.jpg?1

I would be mostly indifferent to Nicholas Cage, but on occasion I can have an irrational dislike for him, and that scene with his fake hair blowing in the wind triggers me :pac:

• Advertisement

It's just a meme, I haven't even seen that film, tbh. :pac:

It's just a meme, I haven't even seen that film, tbh. :pac:

You haven't seen con air? If you like die hard, you'll LOVE con air.... its a complete classic.

Oooh, I DO like Die Hard.

I'll put it on the list, along with The Family Man- still haven't seen that either!

It's beginning to look a lot like Cagemas... :pac:

I'll put it on the list, along with The Family Man- still haven't seen that either!

The Family Man is an excellent heart moving film, Cage was perfectly cast for it.

You'll see a good few well known actors in Con Air, it used to be shown fairly regularly on telly, and traditionally we would watch it if we found it. Not sure if it still is shown as much as we haven't had channels in years, so it's a long time since we watched it last. It's one that can be put on the non Christmas movie list, and for old times sake, I may throw it on as our Saturday night movie :D

Might I suggest another cage double bill, watch 'con air' and 'the rock' 2 great cage action flicks!

The family man is one of my favourite films, I absolutely love it, looking forward to watching it again soon.

You haven't seen con air? If you like die hard, you'll LOVE con air.... its a complete classic.

Agree
    apart from the end!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

14 Working days left.....

15 for me at the minute. However going to try to sneak one day off in somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

9 for me :D

13 and a half for me! :D

The half is Christmas Eve!

• Advertisement

12 for me... though it'll probably feel like 20 by the time I get through them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

6 for me cos I only work part time and have a couple of days off. Then off from the 17th Dec - 4th Jan. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I finish on the 18th and can't wait. Thats like 8 more days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had a Costa After Eight hot chocolate at the weekend - mighty!

7.5 days left for me after today. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

miamee wrote: »
    I had a Costa After Eight hot chocolate at the weekend - mighty!

I had the Terrys chocolate orange one on Sunday. It was fantastic!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I bought that one for my OH as he doesn't like mint. I was fixing something or putting something in my bag, then turned to ask could I taste the orange one and he was draining the last dregs out of the cup. I think he liked it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Eli1

Today I was told I dont have cancer after all. The best gift of all

Congratulations Eli1, that is very big news and a great relief to you and your family I am sure.

• Advertisement

Eli1 wrote: »
    Today I was told I dont have cancer after all. The best gift of all

Brilliant news :)

Advertisement