Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

charlieIRL wrote: »
    38 and back to 18 alright, haven't heard what the CSS was yet. 39 points won Cat 3 as well :(

I know the game is there for a much lower handicap, putting it together for a full round is the problem but is getting better.

CSS was 71 yesterday so does that mean i only got a 0.3 cut for my 38 points? :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

charlieIRL wrote: »
    CSS was 71 yesterday so does that mean i only got a 0.3 cut for my 38 points? :(:(

Could be worse I had 35pts the other day and got a point one, standard scratch 38pts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭finglashoop

24 points off eighteen. One birdie and some bad driving to ob let me down early on. Picked up on back nine. Such a slow starter. Bellewstown on sunday.

Anyone played it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Casual round in Headfort yesterday, on the Old I don't know what happened as it was only the greens that caught me out with four three putts for a 10 over so delighted as hitting everything very well as fairways with a bit of grass on them really suit me.
    Played the New in the afternoon and the heat was stifling, went from lovely easy golf to three scratches in the first seven holes, then I birdied the par 4 ninth after a lovely hybrid second from a bunker and well holed putt so that perked me up a bit, hitting the irons real close for the remainder of the round but putts just not dropping then I drained one of the par five 14th for another birdie and happy days again. Up to the par three 17th and probably hit the best 7iron of my life that went over the green but just held short of water hazard at the back, proceeded to chip the next in for an unexpected birdie and finished with 35pts after that disastrous start.
    First time to have three birdies in a round and all the better with one on a par three, four and five.
    Shattered afterwards...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Solid 38 in Portmarnock Links this morning. Should have been two better but happy.

If the css is 34 I will loose two shots with an ESR due.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Happy Today.

36 points in hard enough conditions, great score on that basis above "J"

The ball is going a mile now - you have over 20 degrees , wind and hard fairways all at once. Almost 100 yards extra :eek:

To be honest it is only highlighting that my shorter wedge game is still poor - as I have not been putting the work in.

Was working hard at putting - and almost like a switch , putted very very well.

So a very very good round - but again , was an easy 38/39 out there , 2 pars and a bogey from 50 / 70 yards out - terrible.

Another qualifying game Friday - I'd say I got a small cut today. See something there again. But a long time now since I got over 36 - a long time.

Did I mention my 360 Yard drive :p:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

37 points in our open singles tonight. 20 out and 17 coming home. 2 silly scratches on the back. Got another small though so happy with that.

Keano wrote: »
    37 points in our open singles tonight. 20 out and 17 coming home. 2 silly scratches on the back. Got another small though so happy with that.

Nice to see it all come together for you Keano - you are a lad , If I'm being honest, felt you may pack it in at times here :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You and me both Fixed! Still have those days where I wonder why I took the game up but the last week has been down to an awful lot of hard work!

And bang.
    Just a bit of effort on putting and chipping payed off and the long stuff all worked as it should.

40 points
    first eagle this year (par 5 reached )
    Lowest ever competition round 3 over
    will be lowest ever handicap

Had a feeling about today.

Still feel uncomfortable when that low.

Wedges from under 90 very poor.

The best thing about it. I can go lower with a little more targeted practice.

A lad I respect said to me . Your a better ball striker versus most 5s. So you should be a 5.

It was a nice thing to hear.

Still a bit shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

^^^^^
    He always has to steal the thunder.
    Was playing with Fix and had my best round in a while.
    81 strokes for 39 points.
    CSS usually 35 so I might just creep to 11.9.

Fairly decent front nine, turned 6 over for 19 points. Was going along ok until I scratched the index 18 par 5 13th.. a comedy of errors for a bad double.
    Played great from there on in though. Missed a makeable birdie on 14, nearly chipped in for birdie on 15 and it eventually came on the 360 yard 16th..... my drive leaving me with the putter in hand for my approach. Good 2 putt for bird.

Got a few nasty bits of luck on the way home. Tee shot to par 3 17th was perfect but took an awful bounce. Walked away with par.

Perfect drive on 18 left me in a narrow divot and practically wedged into it. Hit and hope stuff. Came home with a good bogey from what should have been a birdie chance.
    Four over for the back but on another day level was there for the taking.

First real sign that single figures is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭shano_88

First time breaking 100 today with a 97 which I am delighted with. Didn't lose a ball all day either!

Drive is still short enough but it was consistently straight today which is something to build on. I still left alot of putts behind and only had 2 pars when I probably had 6 or 7 par putts within 10 feet which was disappointing.

Next aim is to keep it under 100 now!

And bang.
    Just a bit of effort on putting and chipping payed off and the long stuff all worked as it should.

40 points
    first eagle this year (par 5 reached )
    Lowest ever competition round 3 over
    will be lowest ever handicap

Had a feeling about today.

Still feel uncomfortable when that low.

Wedges from under 90 very poor.

The best thing about it. I can go lower with a little more targeted practice.

A lad I respect said to me . Your a better ball striker versus most 5s. So you should be a 5.

It was a nice thing to hear.

Still a bit shocked.

Lads . Feck no chat . I won. And more ridiculously I won gross.

Today a freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A solid but boring 37 points 6 over today in the singles at home. Surprisingly off the back tees today so happy enough as I played pretty average. Only 1 green in regulation on front 9 but was only 2 over. Chipping was back to its best where it usually is. Poorly executed last 3 holes once again leading to 3 consecutive bogies. Possibly will feature and another .2 off the handicap and get to 6.9 and another step closer towards my handicap 4 years ago.

Onto lady captains prize to men tomorrow where hopefully I can finish off a good round and then tullamore jsc on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Lads . Feck no chat . I won. And more ridiculously I won gross.

Today a freak.

Freak me arse!! I've seen you play, proper solid golfer once you sorted that putter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I managed to get a rare midweek outing in Moate in our Open Thursday and had 34 points. 15 front 19 back which has been the reverse of my recent form. Played reasonably steady throughout - apart from the first 2 holes which were poor. Vice Captains prize tomorrow, Presidents qualifier next week - looking forward to both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Open week in Castlewarden, fourball better ball stableford off 3/4 handicaps.

Played with another 12 handicap, so both off 9. We dovetailed really well & ended up shooting 3 over gross for 42 points. We probably left a couple out there too. I hit the par 5 1st in 2 but 3 putted badly for a par. Only 3 putt for the day.

Should be on the mix for a prize hopefully.

Scratch cup tomorrow. Greens rolling very true, and plenty of run on the fairways. Will be off the medal tees so a tough test. Looking forward to it, hopefully carry some of the form over

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

So on Friday, after a good 18 months of trying, I broke 80. I shot 79 around Killeen (Killarney.). 2 birds 8 pars 7 bogies and a double. It was a bit of an anti climax at the time, was annoyed that it included a penalty and that I chickened out on my second shot to 18 from 150 yards and put it in the bunker. But yesterday it felt better. Looking forward to doing it in competition and hopefully my goal of single figures is doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

76(+5) nett off 10 today. Had 4 bad holes that messed me up, 3 doubles and a triple! The wind was fierce, I hit a 6iron into the wind 110yards! Normally 155ish for me! Mental stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Played terrible in open comp in dungarvan. 31 of 17.
    Driving was the worst for a long time. Weak and fading everything. Actually lost two balls from poor drives. Irons were poor too but somewhat playable at least. Well, apart from the two sockets I had.
    What held it somewhat together was that chipping was actually serviceable. Got up and down from tricky spots twice and everything else gave me decent putts at least.
    Overall pretty nightmarish though. Hope it was just a once off lapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just back from tullamore junior scratch cup. Shot 81 in pretty tough conditions on the front 9 at least. My putting was a disgrace. Just couldn't hole anything. Pace was fine but just couldn't read the greens. Thought they were quite slow which was disappointing. Thought standing on the first that anything below 80 would be good but reckon now that the winner would have about a 74 or 75.

37 putts is just not going to cut it unfortunetly and 5 over for the 5 par 3's was terrible. Irons were just ****e again and really need to sort them out or else I won't progress much more this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Friendly round in Bunclody, shoot 84 for 35pts.
    Medal today, shoot 81 for 70 off 11hc, css was 74 so another bit of a cut 😀 happy day
    Just checked ESR kicked in down to 9.6, getting close to single, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

I was going to update my handicap on the other thread after getting another point 1 last Sunday to show my handicap now at 17 (16.5) last night. Then shot 37 today to get my first win in over a year in our lady captains prize to the men. So now just waiting on css and probably a 2 shot cut.

Had 33 points in a society outing in Nenagh on Saturday. Greens were in such brilliant shape and nightmare pin positions! 40 won it, with 36 second so it was a tough day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played Wicklow yesterday practice for quarter finals prov towns,
    Shot 10 over 4 putted par 3 and par 5 crazy greens,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

My first qualifying round since getting my hcap and it was an experience to say the least.

Monthly Medal off the back sticks which I have never played and strokes just to make thing even more difficult.

98 strokes (Gross) 88 (Net) with 3 8s and a couple more triples on the card.

It was a proper test out there today and although I scored poorly I was happy enough with how I played

Played bellewstown today.

22 points off 18. Inconsistent is an understatement.

Rare birdie on the first. Then some scratches and a couple of bogeys before Another birdie on front nine.

Back nine a bit better. 2 pars. Slightly better point total although we played 2v2 matchplay with the two lesser players one up with one to play snd ended up halving, a result in itself for us.

Course is absolutely immaculate, as are the greens. Maybe as I play more I appreciate the conditions but the last few months any course ive played had been in mint condition

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Played bellewstown today.

22 points off 18. Inconsistent is an understatement.

Rare birdie on the first. Then some scratches and a couple of bogeys before Another birdie on front nine.

Back nine a bit better. 2 pars. Slightly better point total although we played 2v2 matchplay with the two lesser players one up with one to play snd ended up halving, a result in itself for us.

Course is absolutely immaculate, as are the greens. Maybe as I play more I appreciate the conditions but the last few months any course ive played had been in mint condition

Are you sure you're adding the stableford points up correctly? Wouldn't normally ask but I think you said you're newish to the game in another thread?

You mentioned having
    2 birdies: 8 points
    2 pars: 6 points
    2 bogeys: 4 points
    That's 18 out of the 22 points in 6 holes.

If the rest were disasters there's still a lot positives to take from the good stuff.

PARlance wrote: »
    Are you sure you're adding the stableford points up correctly? Wouldn't normally ask but I think you said you're newish to the game in another thread?

You mentioned having
    2 birdies: 8 points
    2 pars: 6 points
    2 bogeys: 4 points
    That's 18 out of the 22 points in 6 holes.

If the rest were disasters there's still a lot positives to take from the good stuff.

That's it. As it was match play I could be more aggressive. If my partner won the hole or was in position to I was trying different shots, unsuccessfully obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

38 points today for my first ever cut. Down to 27.2. I scratched 2 holes and probably hit my 3 best drives ever. I was fairly consistent off the tee but went from one putting one hole to 4 putting the next. Just extremely inconsistent for the rest of the game.

Advertisement