Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

28 points off 12

ughh horrible round. Topped first two drives, pulling shots into trees. 4 putted one green. Missed putts from inside 5 feet all day long. Lost 3 balls on holes where the targets were massive. Really frustrating, going to have to reassess my competition strategy starting with cutting down on the friday night pints when there is a saturday morning competition :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

85 off 15 for a nett 70 for -1 in Intermediate Scratch, Cut 0.6 as a result to 14.2

Could have been so much better was +6 after 12 but went to +10 after 13 thanks to a 7 on a par 3 without losing a ball. Following hole drove into the water for a bogey 5 to +11 and finished it off with another 7 on the par 4 18th for +14 in total. Feet are in tatters after taking repeated shots from both barrels on the back nine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I though my putting was bad in the curragh on Saturday!! Well yesterday in portumna was a whole lot worse.

Was +17 off 12 for the round with 3- 4putts and 6-3putts 5-2putts and 4-1putts

Tee to green I played very well hit 10/18 green (usually I hit about 4-5) and 11/14 fairways. Swing felt great.

So disheartening when putter doesn't work cause I knew I was playing well enough to have a decent score but couldn't read a line, get pace, hit it where I wanted to all day with short stick!! Looks like I'll be on putting green for a few hours tonight :p realisticly I lost at least 9 shots with putter if not 12 (rounding all bad holes to 2 putts 3x2=6 + 6x1=6) :( should have done a Shane on it and broke it after a 3 and 4 putt on 3rd and 4th hole and used wedge for rest of round, couldn't have done much worse anyway.

7 pars
    7 bogies
    2 doubles
    2 pulling hair out (both 4 putts)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Played in second round of club matchplay this evening, back and forth for the first few holes but before I knew it I was 4 down on the 13th tee. One long putt dropped and suddenly I found my game, was level par for the final 6 holes and won it on the 18th, delighted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Senna wrote: »
    Played in second round of club matchplay this evening, back and forth for the first few holes but before I knew it I was 4 down on the 13th tee. One long putt dropped and suddenly I found my game, was level par for the final 6 holes and won it on the 18th, delighted.

Some comeback, your man must have been gutted, match play is a funny old game

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

35 points in The Island off 14.

Was my fourth round if the year so I'm delighted with that. My ball striking was all over the shop but my short game was in really good shape, had one three putt which was disappointing but you always get the odd one.

So definitely going in the right direction. Also by some miracle played the whole round with the same ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quinch

Tuesday - back 9 - 22 points.

Thursday full 18 - 18 points.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Was getting a bit frustrated in the last few weeks mainly because I knew my game was in good shape but just not scoring. Well it finally came good again. Two nines of 41 for 82 off 13 for a nett 69 in our scratch cup today. Overall delighted with the round

But it could and should have been so much better. Was only +1 for the back 9 standing on 17 but hit a bad drive. Almost salvaged a par but putt just lipped
    out. Then made a poor double at the last. Got a bit of white line fever and let the concentration drop.

Barring a ridiculous CSS that will be a cut for me and I'll be back to 12. Happy days :-)

Edit- results now up. Came 4th in the intermediate cup and cut 0.5. Now off 12.0, officially my lowest ever handicap, only by 0.1 but that's OK by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

41 pts, -2 69 gross off 3 around lucan gc today.

Delighted. Have felt a decent score has been coming for a while now and only disappointment was that I didnt save it for the medal next week! Never really in trouble off the tee, that was key in retrospect; it helps that I was absolutely blessed on 9 where a big pull hook saw me out on the 10th fairway, from where I managed to make an embarrassing birdie 3 to see me turn in -2. Similar story on 13, where I hoiked a 3 wood to another adjacent fairway and walked off with a par 4. Those two holes excepted though, I drove it pretty well. Only 2 bogies, with a 3 putt on 8 and a misclub on 14 where I nailed a 7 iron over the back of the green after a great drive, so the real encouragement, as always, comes from the fact that it could have been substantially better. Short putts for birdie on 4 and 12 and 16 went by the wayside but thrilled to break 70 for the 1st time in quite a while and really looking forward to next few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Played the 9 hole course at Sutton Golf Club this evening. First time playing out there and a really enjoyable experience. It's a tight course, a couple of tee shots are actually hit over the previous green but it was a lovely course. Every hole is interesting, you have to think about shots.

Probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it was it was the first time I've played well in ages. Been so poor lately it's not even funny but started to feel I was getting back on form the last couple of rounds without hitting a good score. Took 19 points off the 9 holes today and that included a scratch at the last after my first tee shot went for a swim. Hopefully I can build on that and kick on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

94 in Corballis on Saturday. Incredibly hung over and playing with someone else's clubs (I don't live back home anyhome).
    Happy enough with it though, first time playing a links course in over a year.

2 x7 and 1x 8 on the card the first 7 and 8 coming in the first 4 holes. The second 7 from a bunker. Birdied the par 5 including a 20 foot putt that some lads at the clubhouse were watching and applauded. Awkward enough if it missed as I had my hand in the air from about 5 feet out!

Lovely course for 24 quid though, we played to the wrong hole on the 13th, the one after the uphill par 3 that follows the par 5. Few criss crossy holes but the course was relatively quiet which was strange givent the great weather so we weren't affected by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

35 points around esker hills yesterday with a scratch on the first. Lovely sunny day although a small bit windy but enjoyable all the same. Calves are sore this morning though. Some course to give your legs a work out!!

Reasonable happy with how I played. Was very good off the tee, decent iron play but not as good as the were last couple of weeks, good wedge game par maybe 4 shots and putter improved as game went on but still left a lot of putts out there.

Birdie: 1
    Par: 7
    Bogie: 7
    Doubles: 2
    Worse: 1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played Moate twice over the weekend. On Saturday I had 31pts in an open stableford competition and while my scoring wasn't great I played alright and actually had 4 birdies which is a bit of a rarity (and achievement) for me! Struggled getting basic pars though.

Then on Sunday I was playing in the Presidents Prize final and while I was steady enough I didn't do anything exciting. Really have to get my pitching wedge working, I left 5 or 6 easy shots behind with poor shots from close to the green. It's gone from being one of my better clubs to my absolute worst. Dropped from qualifying position of 14th to 24th overall with a nett score of 76 for combined 147. Overall winner had 138.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

No score. Walked in after 15 holes in thunder, lightning, hail and everything else. Unlucky I guess cos after this episode which lasted about half an hour it was a lovely day for the rest of it.

razorblunt wrote: »
    94 in Corballis on Saturday. Incredibly hung over and playing with someone else's clubs (I don't live back home anyhome).
    Happy enough with it though, first time playing a links course in over a year.

2 x7 and 1x 8 on the card the first 7 and 8 coming in the first 4 holes. The second 7 from a bunker. Birdied the par 5 including a 20 foot putt that some lads at the clubhouse were watching and applauded. Awkward enough if it missed as I had my hand in the air from about 5 feet out!

Lovely course for 24 quid though, we played to the wrong hole on the 13th, the one after the uphill par 3 that follows the par 5. Few criss crossy holes but the course was relatively quiet which was strange givent the great weather so we weren't affected by it.

Easily done in Corballis. The first time I played there we teed up on the 1st and hit into the 12th green, that par 5. Only realised our mistake after finishing the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Easily done in Corballis. The first time I played there we teed up on the 1st and hit into the 12th green, that par 5. Only realised our mistake after finishing the hole.

I hear you, luckily some lads were playing to that par 5 so we ruled it out!
    Doesn't help that the map is tiny on the scorecard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

4 ball match play today won on 23rd hole played super golf I the wind and rain

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Another half decent score today despite leaving my own putter at home!

86 gross off 15 for a nett 71 - if CSS is 73 I'll be down to 14 but I doubt it will be.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

First round off 14 and had 34 points...just in the buffer! 44 points won!

I had way too many 3 putts but I have been putting well so hope it's a once off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

Practice 9 holes shot 39
    Bogeyed 1st and Double bogeyed the last. Had 0% FIR but hit 6 GIR. my putter was also on fire with 4 one putts.

just need to translate this into tournament play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Don't know what I am going to go to have a consistent round, I doubled holes I never doubled before but I parred a few I've rarely parred before. I can score well on the low indexes and doubled the index 14, 15 & 16!!!

Driving wasn't great, mid irons ok, chipping a lot better and went back to my original putter with new grip, still had a few 3 putts (one on the 9th was from a few feet - Harrington eat your hear out!!)

5 Pars
    7 Bogies
    5 Doubles
    1 scratch on my nemesis hole!! Every time i tee up on the 2nd I say to myself, today is the day I get a par here. Never happens!!
    33 Putts :(

Frustrating game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Don't know what I am going to go to have a consistent round, I doubled holes I never doubled before but I parred a few I've rarely parred before. I can score well on the low indexes and doubled the index 14, 15 & 16!!!

Driving wasn't great, mid irons ok, chipping a lot better and went back to my original putter with new grip, still had a few 3 putts (one on the 9th was from a few feet - Harrington eat your hear out!!)

5 Pars
    7 Bogies
    5 Doubles
    1 scratch on my nemesis hole!! Every time i tee up on the 2nd I say to myself, today is the day I get a par here. Never happens!!
    33 Putts :(

Frustrating game!!

Played with CharlieIRL last night. After a steady but unspectacular start, 2 pars and 5 bogies, scratched the 8th, only bogied 9, 10, 11 and scratched 12 for 4 points in 5 holes. Game over.

Finished with only 27 points. Worst score of 2015. Saying that at the end, I was tired, hungry with no real motivation. Could easily have broken 30 points.

Another 34 points this evening in tough conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭longfellow deeds

after about 14/15 years of regular golf, 1 or 2 rounds a week, I stopped playing completely 3 1/2 years ago, didn't step onto a golf course in all that time, handicap was 11 at the time.
    I played my first round last friday week in Shannon,
    6+2, o/b, 6+2, 5+2, 7+3, 6+1 ,5+1 ,6+1 ,o/b,
    o/b, 4+1, 4par, 4+1, 5+1, 4par, 4par, 3par, 4birdie.
    I could barely remember how to hold the club for the first few holes but it started coming back to me on the back nine, a bit like riding a bike...

Got 35 points in Silloge on Wednesday. Finally feeling a bit like my old game is returning. Definitely the most solid 18 holes I've had in a while. Did take three 3 putts in a row on the back nine which is disappointing but I'm getting there slowly but surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The Island, 33pts, 14 handicap.

I had 2 points after four holes. That is TWO points after four damn holes. So the round was shot to bits after that. Got solid 2 pointers from there to the 9th, then actually played really well on the back 9... apart from the 15th which again I scratched. So 21 points on the back nine with a scratch, is somewhat encouraging. My driving is what got me in trouble for all my scratched holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dwd

Had my best round of the year so far today in grange castle, 8 over gross off 14 for 42pts. Short game was good today, only one blip missing a short on the 11th, my driving was a bit wayward, I think I only actually held one fairway with the driver but was never bad enough to get me into trouble :) hopefully I'll get cut to 12 which will be the lowest I've been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Had a steady day even with a treble and double on the card!

Started with three pars then a double, another two pars then a treble followed with a par and birdie to have a front 9 of +4. Funnily enough no bogeys on the front 9.

Back nine started with two annoying bogeys, par, three putt bogey, three more pars with a bogey, par finish for a back 9 of +4. Ended up +8 with a fair few opportunities missed. I had 33 putts which is a hell of a lot.

1 birdie
    11 pars
    4 bogeys
    1 double
    1 treble

80 - 9 = 71

All in all happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

89 shots off 17 in the monthly medal in Ballykisteen today for 36 points from the blue tees. Started badly with two doubles and scratched the 223 yard par 3 sixth. Played much better on the back 9 with 21 points. Happy enough with the round as it's the first time this year I've played to my handicap in Ballykisteen.

Edit: Finished 7th overall. CSS was 73 so I got a cut of 0.3, my first one this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

dwd wrote: »
    Had my best round of the year so far today in grange castle, 8 over gross off 14 for 42pts. Short game was good today, only one blip missing a short on the 11th, my driving was a bit wayward, I think I only actually held one fairway with the driver but was never bad enough to get me into trouble :) hopefully I'll get cut to 12 which will be the lowest I've been!

Was that is the Captains Plate which is on today at Grange Castle? Must be in with great chance of winning.

Advertisement