Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

The dusting of snow in Dublin 15 has nearly disappeared. Dublin will be very cold tomorrow - 1 degree - so I would imagine there will be transitional snow away from the coast tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

2 manic kids this morning here in Castleknock,seen the snow and wanted out:rolleyes: little un doesn't realise she cant be going out in it without the appropriate clobber on (just out the hospital), 2 decide to go out the back while im making breakfast for the better half,2 little feckers came in and put snow down back of my track bottoms, the other decides to put it down the front:eek: chestnuts now roasting near the open fire :p

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Ground should be white all the same particularly the tarmac.

Snow risk for Monday night alive and well.

Hi Kermit
    What is your take on this possible snow event Monday/Tuesday?

I have grown to respect all your posts and you have been bang on the money with all your predictions so far - that takes some doing!!
    You clearly are doing something right so keep it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Hi Kermit
    What is your take on this possible snow event Monday/Tuesday?

I have grown to respect all your posts and you have been bang on the money with all your predictions so far - that takes some doing!!
    You clearly are doing something right so keep it up!!
    I haven't a clue about the weather,but looking out there and feeling the cold, I would say we might get a smattering today hopefully:P

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like little vortex in the Irish Sea might spin a few showers onshore...but...likely to be rain or sleet at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Lights rain and sun here in Co.dublin by sea

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Looks like little vortex in the Irish Sea might spin a few showers onshore...but...likely to be rain or sleet at best.

Positive vibes Doc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

I think that for tomorrows frontal event , the best chances for lying snow to occur from it will be Ulster , areas of Cavan, longford, leitrim and the wicklow mountains. Elsewhere it'll be a sleety /slushy affair imo.

Now have sleet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Now have sleet!
    Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Iamkipper

The tiny bit that fell this morning is now gone. Was up the Dublin mountains yesterday and there was a little bit in the side of the roads and a bit on the grass. Very disappointing
    I'm wondering if anymore fell last night if anyone has been up there or is it worth going for a drive to glendalough and go for a walk down there if there is snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

Where?

Co.dublin by sea is my educated guess, going by what was said only 3 posts previous!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭The_Shotz

Flurry of snow fell in Waterfod Airport for ten minutes at 8am, lovely sunny day since then

highdef wrote: »
    I'm just under 40km west of Dublin, at just under 100m ASL and have hills just under 150m ASL adjacent to me so your comments give me some aspiration!

40k WEST of Dublin is by the sea?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

40k WEST of Dublin is by the sea?

You have mixed two posts up lol ...... highdef's location is 40ks west of Dublin

highdef was answering a 'where is the sleet shower question' which was posted by a poster living close to Wicklow I think :)

Where?

Stillorgan

kittyn wrote: »
    You have mixed two posts up lol ...... highdef's location is 40ks west of Dublin

highdef was answering a 'where is the sleet shower question' which was posted by a poster living close to Wicklow I think :)

Ok my bad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

DOCARCH wrote: »

There's a few drizzly sleety flakes blowing here on and off 2 miles inland from Arklow but Sun as well
    The breeze has got up ,the sun is fading and the breeze is variable, it's gone more NNE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Iamkipper wrote: »
    The tiny bit that fell this morning is now gone. Was up the Dublin mountains yesterday and there was a little bit in the side of the roads and a bit on the grass. Very disappointing
    I'm wondering if anymore fell last night if anyone has been up there or is it worth going for a drive to glendalough and go for a walk down there if there is snow.
    There's some on the mountains above roundwood, but doesn't look anything major - they're not completely white. If my hangover subsides a bit I'll try and go higher for a nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That is quite some north wind out there... Breathes through you;) But some lovely sunshine. Saw a daffodil on Friday and some pink camellias. South Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Beautiful sunny clear chilly morning here in southwest kerry snow on the mountains that's all.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    There's some on the mountains above roundwood, but doesn't look anything major - they're not completely white. If my hangover subsides a bit I'll try and go higher for a nose!

Just stand outside facing north and open your mouth and the wind will deal with the hangover...;)

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Beautiful sunny clear chilly morning here in southwest kerry snow on the mountains that's all.

Ah another neighbour...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi res 6z just out , and still in line with my earlier thoughts for snow chances. Mainly for where snow has already been laying with the slight exception of the Wicklow mountains ( hasn't been much there ) where some accumulation should occur.
    PPN projection being light so showers wont help bring down the temp much to help change to snow.
    335511.png

I would consider the area of 0-1C Dewpoints of being a decent snow risk map.
    335512.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah another neighbour...;)

Looks like it :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looking ahead over the next 2 weeks, high ground locations in the west and north are going to see quite a bit snow from time to time. The attacks from the north-west carry on into the foreseeable future with only short lived periods of mild in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Those charts are subject to change as much as cold FI charts.

There will be another hugh wind even. Looking at -8 and 4c separated by on 100km. Should power a low to bomb across the Atlantic.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Looks like it :)

Interesting! wondering how near! Blackwater here,,,

Gonzo wrote: »
    looking ahead over the next 2 weeks, high ground locations in the west and north are going to see quite a bit snow from time to time. The attacks from the north-west carry on into the foreseeable future with only short lived periods of mild in between.

How far down does west mean please? I am assuming you mean north west?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Graces7 wrote: »
    How far down does west mean please? I am assuming you mean north west?
    The Model runs are changing each run I wouldn't look much beyond next weekend, We might get a mild blip then back to cold weather even from the east or north east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement