Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Jacovs wrote: »
    Stormers leading 18-6 against the Blues at half time.

Triggs for the Blues got a red card on 25 minutes for punching Vermeulen in the face. Just need 2 more tries against a 14 man team for the bonus point win. Cant find a working link for the game so RSG to the rescue. :pac:

Should be a canter to 5 points for you. Absolutely idiotic from Triggs. Commentators were saying that a new directive from World Rugby is that any punch to the face is now an automatic red card. I like the look of your 12, nimble chap, and goes against alll the doom & gloom on this forum about rugby players getting too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Should be a canter to 5 points for you. Absolutely idiotic from Triggs. Commentators were saying that a new directive from World Rugby is that any punch to the face is now an automatic red card. I like the look of your 12, nimble chap, and goes against alll the doom & gloom on this forum about rugby players getting too big.

I certainly hope so. Sounds about right, shouldnt be punching at all, nvm the face.
    12 is de Allende, and at 1,89m and 101kg I dont think he is that small. Unless you mean he is nimble for a big guy?
    It is a pity about mostly the bigger players making the national teams. Juan de Jongh hasnt a hope at 1,75m and 88kg, neither does Cheslin Kolbe at 1,71m and 72kg. Agility and flair doesnt make up for size these days.

Game back on and a late shoulder charge on Kolbe. Lucky to not get a yellow too. We would like playing 13 men.

Blues still manage to score a try after playing the last 25 minutes with 14 men against 15.

Jacovs wrote: »
    I certainly hope so. Sounds about right, shouldnt be punching at all, nvm the face.
    12 is de Allende, and at 1,89m and 101kg I dont think he is that small. Unless you mean he is nimble for a big guy?
    It is a pity about mostly the bigger players making the national teams. Juan de Jongh hasnt a hope at 1,75m and 88kg, neither does Cheslin Kolbe at 1,71m and 72kg. Agility and flair doesnt make up for size these days.

Game back on and a late shoulder charge on Kolbe. Lucky to not get a yellow too. We would like playing 13 men.

Ah I meant kolbe.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Ah I meant kolbe.

He will get stuck in the same boat that Gio Aplon was. Dont blame Aplon for going abroad. Stormers/WP seem to like their smaller agile players. Even Joe Pietersen, who now plays for the Cheetahs. Unfortunately thats where the road ends for all these players.
    Kolbe from my home town too.

• Advertisement

Stormers win 27-16. No bonus point :mad:

Top of the log after round 2, I will take it.

If I wasnt a super 15 supporter I wouldnt know wtf was going on.

On the supersport website it shows the Stormers top of the overall log:
    http://www.supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/logs

A news24 article is claiming they are second on the overall log:
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Stormers-stumble-past-14-man-Blues-20150221

And the actual superxv.com website have them 3rd on the overall log:
    http://www.superxv.com/table/

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Good bonus point win for Sharks, back on track a bit. Very hard to run in many tries in the extremely wet conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Good win for the Reds this weekend. Only caught the highlights but after last week's non-event a win was badly needed. Great first try; running rugby football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Good win for the Reds this weekend. Only caught the highlights but after last week's non-event a win was badly needed. Great first try; running rugby football.

Great try but that could have been the worst match I have watched in a long, long time. To be fair to the Reds they had no real 10 with Hunt not available and O'Connor pulling out just before kick off. I know the weather made the ball greasy too but it was awful fare. A penalty try the only score in the entire second half....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,253 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LEADERBOARD after round 2

1 Luckygent88 16.83
    2 Swiwi 12.50
    3 Bridge93 10.33
    4 Kiwi_knock 10.33
    5 sydthebeat 9.00
    6 Pudsy33 8.00
    7 Yeah_Right 6.50

Luckygent88 storms ahead early!!!!

This week will sort the wheat from the chaff. Some tough calls to be made. Munster at the head of the leaderboard anyway :P

Sopoaga out for the Highlanders, hopefully the next cab off the rank steps up.

Sopoaga out?? feck!!!

Hayden Parker step up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

sydthebeat wrote: »
    LEADERBOARD after round 2

1 Luckygent88 16.83
    2 Swiwi 12.50
    3 Bridge93 10.33
    4 Kiwi_knock 10.33
    5 sydthebeat 9.00
    6 Pudsy33 8.00
    7 Yeah_Right 6.50

Luckygent88 storms ahead early!!!!

Just like my football fantasy probably. Start out strong only to turn ****e!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

How Franks only got 2 weeks is puzzling.

His accepted explanation is even weirder.

Rugbydump Link

Sopoaga out?? feck!!!

Hayden Parker step up!

So marty banks gets to make his Highlanders debut at ten ahead of Parker.

Haven't seen the guy play but looks way more physical than parker and has a huge boot in him. ...

Morf wrote: »
    How Franks only got 2 weeks is puzzling.

His accepted explanation is even weirder.

Rugbydump Link

That's a horrible cheap shot by Hames....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That's a horrible cheap shot by Hames....

How the ref didn't review either of those from the Crusaders v Highlanders game is puzzling. Both should have been yellow cards at least.

So marty banks gets to make his Highlanders debut at ten ahead of Parker.

Haven't seen the guy play but looks way more physical than parker and has a huge boot in him. ...

Another one of those up and coming 10s who's excelled at ITM level. At the moment fly halves grow on trees in NZ, far and away our position of most depth.

Super Rugby Week 3 - Starts 27/02/15
    Highlanders v Reds 6.35
    W Force v Hurricanes 11.00
    Cheetahs v Blues. 5.10

Saturday games
    Chiefs v Crusaders 6.35
    Rebels v Brumbies. 8.40
    Bulls v Sharks 3.05
    Lions v Stormers. 5.10

BYE
    Waratahs

Pick of the round probably being the Chiefs against the crusaders. Some real quality players on show in this game and hopefully we see a great game.

Cheetahs and blues could be a really entertaining game. Both sides wouldn't have the best defense and they really like to throw the ball around and open up the game.

Bulls and sharks on Saturday should be a very physical game and it's a game the Bulls really have to win after loosing the opening 2 games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Decent chance for three away wins on the hop for the canes this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Reds are good value so far wasn't expecting that but still early I suppose.

James O'Connor made a fantastic break and has done a few other things right.

Class looking stadium.

Edit - O'Connor just misses an easy kick!

Highlanders up by 6 at the break. Not the greatest quality on show but a win for either team is vital.
    Reds have conceded way too many turnovers.

Superb try save by Aaron smith

Highlanders by 7

:)

glad of that, still some cobwebs to shake off and all a bit too frantic at times. However the set piece is holding up nicely. Decent show by banks as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Really hope Western Force can win at home today. They'll have it tough against the canes.

Given rugby has a major fight on its hands in Australia from an outsiders point of view I generally root for them.

glad of that, still some cobwebs to shake off and all a bit too frantic at times. However the set piece is holding up nicely. Decent show by banks as well

Lovely step and finish by Waholo there. I like wingers who take their chances so clinically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Canes look good early here. Force can't keep holding them out on their own line

• Advertisement

Canes looking the real deal here. Shields/Savea/Vito is a classy back row. And welcome to Super Rugby Nehe Milner-Skudder.

Advertisement